Dalton didn’t lose this game, but…

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He also faced arguably the best defense in the NFL, that game planed to stop him, with arguably the worst oline in the NFL.

I can't blame dalton my man. That D woulda given up 50 if this game was actually a contest..
What OL were you watching?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Sure.

But why are we paying 10 million to a guy who literally turns the ball over while checking down every single pass?

We all agree he should sit.

This game proves he should as well. Trade him, if anything.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Would Trubisky ever have his offense on the opponents side of the field 8 times in a game?

Dalton wasn't great, not even close, but Mitch would rarely look this competent against top tier defense.
We've played them 4 years in a row....with 3 different starting qb's......guess who's put up the most points?

15 v 14 v 10 v7

Tallest midget kind of stuff but still, the scoreboard doesn't lie....Mitchapalooza wins.

I half laugh that we FINALLY addressed our lack of speed on offense (esp at wr) only to sign and now start a check down Charlie qb who makes Alex Smith look like Dan Marino slinging it down field all game long.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying it wasn't. Please dont come to me talking about standards when ive been screaming at you guys for years about raising yours.

People are just underselling how bad Mitch was. Dalton was at least getting first downs. Mitch would go 3&out 6 times before a defensive penalty moved him up 10 yards. Its like no one remembers his 3INT game in week 11 of '18 that Matt Nagy never recovered from.

I defended mitch a lot and outside of that terrible throw in the redzone for an INT i didn't see much I had to complain with dalton.

This offense did dalton no favors, kinda like they haven't done mitch/foles favors. I expected that.

This is just the result of starting an NFL QB who isn't special in an offense that is far from special. It will look like this until we get the answer at QB, who we all hope is fields.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Dalton looked better tonight than Mitch ever did vs the Rams. Mitch only looks good vs horrid Ds and in garbage time and he at least had defensive support.

That's not really saying much for either one but Dalton is a great qb for the 2017 Chicago bears but for the 2021 Bears hes essentially worthless

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's not really saying much for either one but Dalton is a great qb for the 2017 Chicago bears but for the 2021 Bears hes essentially worthless
It isnt saying much but you claimed Mitch did more with less, which isn't true.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying it wasn't. Please dont come to me talking about standards when ive been screaming at you guys for years about raising yours.

People are just underselling how bad Mitch was. Dalton was at least getting first downs. Mitch would go 3&out 6 times before a defensive penalty moved him up 10 yards. Its like no one remembers his 3INT game in week 11 of '18 that Matt Nagy never recovered from.

Monty was averaging 7 yards per carry

Dalton averaged 5 yard per throw

LOL not better or worst just a different kind of suck

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have so much bad money on this team right now.

Dalton counts 5 million against next years cap.

Graham played 14 snaps and counts 5 million against next years cap.

What a fucking mess.

Canth

Liked Posts:

As I said in the game thread, I think a lot of Dalton being so quick to get the ball out is that he just makes the quick throw to his pre-snap read damn near regardless of what the post snap options may be. He just doesn't often look for anything to develop.

Collinsworth actually had it right in that what you really need/want is somewhere between what Fields did in the preseason (holding it a bit too long at times) and what Dalton does. Warner has also talked about it a bit for Fields in that you would like to see him take a few more of those quick timing throws to keep the chains moving. But you still want his special arm and ability to hit the chunk plays.

Canth

Liked Posts:

What a fucking mess.

Yeah, considering the comment they made in the offseason about talking Graham out of retirement and wanting him back so much. I expected them to use him a lot more. I don't understand keeping him at that cap hit if you were not really going to use him.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
It isnt saying much but you claimed Mitch did more with less, which isn't true.

How come its not true

YOU are talking up Dalton 27/38 206 yards with a one pick to be saying is better than ANYONE not even Mitch . On one hand apparently this is the most talent the Bears offense has had on it but on the other hand Mitch still had more imaginary weapons' ?

I hate having to defend Mitch lol but in this situation you are comparing a 33 yr old vet to a 2nd year QB which Mitch was back then the last time the Bears had a run game against the Rams .

The issue here is that does actually elevate anything about the Bears current offense . Hes in fact limiting everything that this offense could do based on what looks to be the current strengths of this team. In typical Bears fashion they sign a "vet" who has supposedly seen everything but is in no way capable of doing anything about it .

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How come its not true

YOU are talking up Dalton 27/38 206 yards with a one pick to be saying is better than ANYONE not even Mitch . On one hand apparently this is the most talent the Bears offense has had on it but on the other hand Mitch still had more imaginary weapons' ?

I hate having to defend Mitch lol but in this situation you are comparing a 33 yr old vet to a 2nd year QB which Mitch was back then the last time the Bears had a run game against the Rams .

The issue here is that does actually elevate anything about the Bears current offense . Hes in fact limiting everything that this offense could do based on what looks to be the current strengths of this team. In typical Bears fashion they sign a "vet" who has supposedly seen everything but is in no way capable of doing anything about it .
I. AM. NOT. TALKING. UP. DALTON.
I am saying that Mitch didn't do more with less. Its not hard to comprehend this.

190 yards and 110 yards. 1TD and 4INTs. Sorry but how is this more? and again, the defensive gave up 23 points in those two games combined.

Not responding to another one of your posts. You should get some sleep.

jive

Liked Posts:

What a fucking mess.
And we have $14 mil on Quinn, and $6.67 mil on Foles while having gaping holes on OL and CB.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. Dalton was not the issue.

Ex-VisorMan hurt this offense again for the 100th time. Dalton looked a lot more efficient than mitch/foles ever did. The issue is this offense never has rhythm.

I'm not sure fields can ever fix that either, but I think he can produce enough so we can be entertained while nagy gets fired.
That is not the issue. The issue is that in order to run this underneath shit with someone like Dalton, the entire offense cannot afford to make any errors, and have a realistic chance of winning. And I don’t just mean turnovers. I mean any mistakes. Holds, false starts, illegal formations and shifts.

Because with Dalton running it, he does not have the ability to really stress a defense, and overcome those mistakes. Everything has to be perfect for him to make a big play.

I’m not even mad at Dalton. He is a game managing QB, and there are teams that need only that. I mean hell, if he played for the ‘06 Bears, we probably win the Super Bowl handily.

But this Bears team needs a QB to be able to produce some chunk plays through the air, in order to have a chance to win. Unless Nagy has a prime AJ Green in his back pocket, that guy won’t be Dalton.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I. AM. NOT. TALKING. UP. DALTON.
I am saying that Mitch didn't do more with less. Its not hard to comprehend this.

190 yards and 110 yards. 1TD and 4INTs. Sorry but how is this more? and again, the defensive gave up 23 points in those two games combined.

Not responding to another one of your posts. You should get some sleep.

You are talking just the Rams games but I was talking about in general . I also mentioned Foles winning more game if he had run support When Mitch got run support he was able to produce more chunk plays than just throwing 5 yards . He wasn't consistent but he could make the occasional play but for Dalton to be a 10+ veteran hell you would swear he never saw this defense of defense before in his life . I expect a veteran qb to need no more than half to figure out how he wants to attack the opposing defenses . He didn't do that which is why his performance is just as bad because of the expectations that come along with being a veteran qb.

YES Mitch is bad but what we saw tonight wasn't better just a different type of bad .

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We've played them 4 years in a row....with 3 different starting qb's......guess who's put up the most points?

15 v 14 v 10 v7

Tallest midget kind of stuff but still, the scoreboard doesn't lie....Mitchapalooza wins.

I half laugh that we FINALLY addressed our lack of speed on offense (esp at wr) only to sign and now start a check down Charlie qb who makes Alex Smith look like Dan Marino slinging it down field all game long.
I believe the defense got some points in that 15pt game

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace has dug a hole that this team won't be able to dig out of for a number of years. What's even scarier is that even if he is let go.....it's the fucking McCaskeys that will be hiring his replacement.