Dalton didn’t lose this game, but…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
the post i replied to said trade him for a 1st, not a2nd, yes the Raiders inquired, but even they weren't offering a 1st or 2nd
Not what I heard. I heard they were offering a first (just one). Bears said no.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He lost it right from the beginning. Montgomery got them down there. Fields got them closer. Ginger bitch threw the int that gave Rams momentum. Guess some will be impressed by Dalton's 5.4 yards P/A. I'm not. That's peewee football type shit.
If Dalton threw to the open af Kmet in the end zone on that pick this was a different game period
But even then your not going to win games with a defense that gives up huge plays with wide open receivers all over the place

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dalton threw to the open af Kmet in the end zone on that pick this was a different game period
But even then your not going to win games with a defense that gives up huge plays with wide open receivers all over the place
Defense was very disappointing. As a Bears fan, that's the 1 thing you feel you can depend on. Thought their secondary would be weak this year and, oh boy, was it weak.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Dalton looked okay. That’s mainly because the Rams let him though. They let him walk the ball up to around the 40 and then they would bring pressure or change the looks and he couldn’t get a first down. That’s why they kept getting in 4th down situations at around the Rams 40. Happened 3 times I think. Basically a bend but down break style. Or even more of a prevent. They would let him have everything up to a certain point. Then when the bears would hit between the Rams 40 and 20 they would change the look and not just hand him 6-10 yard routes. They’d bring pressure or whatever and the Bears would get stuck. Because they weren’t just giving them yards at that point.

It was annoying on the last 4th down attempt when Dalton doesn’t even throw it to the marker. And it’s a sideline play so even if the guy caught it he was going out of bounds 3 yards short anyway.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you got a secondary that can't cover people, you batter damn sure have some pressure on the QB. Buddy Ryan used to say if you can't get pressure sending 4 you send 5, 6 or 7 till you do get it. Teams really don't that anymore but with this secondary you just may have to reopen that line of thought.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Red Zone INT was not losing?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Start Fields. That is stating the obvious, but it’s Nagy we’re talking about. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, and honestly, Fields IMO gives them a better chance to win because he forces defenses to stay honest, opening up opportunities for Monty and the passing game.

Oh, and build around Fields. Trade Jackson, and some others to stockpile picks so we can get an OL (they actually played okay tonight) and a secondary that is at least halfway competent.
209 passing yards and 14 points. Mitch would have been publicly flogged for that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Slightly more complete stats from espn:

View attachment 13897

And also the rushing numbers:
View attachment 13898
The stat does not show the fumble that Dalton lost. So essentially, Dalton had 2 turnovers and zero passing or running TDs......

To my eye, I thought he was delivering the ball well, but the stat line does not support that, nor does the score box.....