Dalton is the starter when healthy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What rookie QB is ready?

WTF kinda comment is that guy.

They are rookies for a reason. Outside of a couple in the last few years most look like garbage half the time.

Fields needs to make those mistakes to grow. That shit doesn't happen on the bench.
That’s why he’s was getting spot duty. Get a play or two, run through those plays with the coaches after, watch the tape later. Learn and grow, while not having everything being placed on your shoulders yet.

And just because he MAY be tough enough to handle it doesn’t mean it’s the best plan…

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s not obligated. Fields isn’t ready yet. That was obvious watching yesterday. He may be able to learn on the job, but he’s definitely not the choice if the team wants to win now…snd every single player (and coach) on the team does.
Yeah, the guy that is 25-41-1 as a starter over the last 6 seasons is clearly the "win now" guy. ? ? ?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the guy that is 25-41-1 as a starter over the last 6 seasons is clearly the "win now" guy. ? ? ?
As much as it pains me to say it, the guy who until this year was a perennial loser in Detroit is now a “win now” QB on a SB contending team.

Dalton is better for the team RIGHT NOW…

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome, against the bengals.

Lemme watch a mediocre 30 something QB be mediocre just so we can finish with a mediocre record.

Makes sense
If the Bengals are that bad and Dalton only had a decent stat line becaust it was against the Bengals, then why did Fields have such a shitty stat line against the same team?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If the Bengals are that bad and Dalton only had a decent stat line becaust it was against the Bengals, then why did Fields have such a shitty stat line against the same team?
I thought Dalton looked fine. But regarding your comment, because Fields is a rookie and Dalton is a seasoned veteran. The play calling/scheme completely changed from Dalton to Fields. Fields has had limited work with the starters compared to Dalton.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

maybe because he was working with the scout team all week and was not actually prepared to play

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As much as it pains me to say it, the guy who until this year was a perennial loser in Detroit is now a “win now” QB on a SB contending team.

Dalton is better for the team RIGHT NOW…
I disagree. The Bears play 8 of the current top10 teams in the power rankings this season, already being embarrassed by the first the played. All they did yesterday was catch Joe Burrow on his worst day as a pro QB and he still almost brought them back to beat the Bears.

Andy Dalton is a 5-12 to 7-10 QB with the Bears.

I don't see JF as worse than that and even if is, who GAF, he will gain valuable playing experience this season whatever the outcome.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields' performance yesterday is the perfect example of the statline not telling the whole story.

I just hope he gets lots of reps with the ones this week. Even if he's not starting, it's time to get the process started.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I disagree. The Bears play 8 of the current top10 teams in the power rankings this season, already being embarrassed by the first the played. All they did yesterday was catch Joe Burrow on his worst day as a pro QB and he still almost brought them back to beat the Bears.

Andy Dalton is a 5-12 to 7-10 QB with the Bears.

I don't see JF as worse than that and even if is, who GAF, he will gain valuable playing experience this season whatever the outcome.

Basically how I feel about the situation.

Bears fans should not have to suffer through a losing season with andy dalton.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point the only hope is Dalton is hurt enough he misses next week and fields plays really well. Browns defense is going to be tough on whoever it is though
I don’t know. I kinda like the split reps thing where Fields runs a limited number of plays each week and a veteran does some of the more nuanced work load.

I like it so much, were Dalton hurt I might do it with Foles and I wonder what Nagy would do with a full week?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why did a PR person come out later to deliver Nagy's message that Dalton is the starter when healthy?

Does that seem really odd to anyone else? Like maybe it didn't actually come from Nagy? Just weird.