Dalton is the starter when healthy

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Definitely.

...and if Dalton has an under 50% completion percentage he should get benched.

View attachment 14123
Yeah, the stat line for Fields isn't good, but the stat line also doesn't tell the whole story. Also, Fields is going to have a much longer leash than a 10 year veteran.

I've always said I'm fine with giving Dalton 4 games and re-evaluating then. I think that's fair. Again tho, if Dalton isn't 100% by next Sunday - Fields should get the start.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I figured as much, Andy played pretty good until Nagy became Nagy.

Expect more of the same 3 yard pass plays and 18 play, 70 yard drives which may or may not result in some sort of score. Matt Nagy is a fucking moron.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy was asked Monday how much he would have to tweak the offense if Fields started.

“We’ll work through that,” he said. “If it is Justin and we go that route, we’ll work through it as a staff. I feel good about that. If it’s the same stuff, different stuff, less, more, that’s the stuff we’ll have to work through.”
:jonesy:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
didn't any of you catch Dalton standing on his injured knee on the sidelines shifting from left leg to right leg while talking in hushed tones to Foles? They know what the deal is....they pulled that brand new sports car out of the showroom floor and yeah you're supposed to break it in before you go 80MPH but it's more exciting than the old Camry or the 1984 corvette that won a big race once

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dalton could have played yesterday. They basically told him to sit one out cause they had such a lead.
Such a lead? 7 points when he said he felt fine to play to start the second half. Do some of you even read what you type?

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I think we can all agree that whatever happens, hopefully it cost Nagy his job
IMHO, Nagy’s going to end up coaching some smalltime D-I college football program. If he screws up with Fields, he won’t even be able to be OC for another NFL team. No one will want to touch him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Such a lead? 7 points when he said he felt fine to play to start the second half. Do some of you even read what you type?
It's difficult to read when you can't see straight.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
IT IS LITERALLY A BRUISE SO THAT MEANS THAT DALTON WILL START IF NAGGY IS NOT LYING AND IF HE IS BEING TRUTHFUL AND TOTALLY 100 AND NOT JUST COACH SPEAK RIGHT?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
In relation to how many points the Bears offense scores on average this year, you could say the Bears had over a 50% lead. That's pretty impressive.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
IMHO, Nagy’s going to end up coaching some smalltime D-I college football program. If he screws up with Fields, he won’t even be able to be OC for another NFL team. No one will want to touch him.
I tend to agree that there’s no way anyone hires Nagy to be their OC whenever he’s shown the door here. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a head coaching gig for a dysfunctional franchise, a la Adam Gase.

As far as college, though, oh, for sure. Doesn’t even necessarily have to be a small school. Even Mel Tucker got some fairly solid head coaching gigs in the college ranks and is currently coaching Michigan State.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I really don't understand why Nagy feels so obligated to Dalton. They have no history before this season. The guy is getting paid well. You don't owe him anything.
He owes him his word. Yes, it shouldn’t be like that. Yes it’s the best player that gives the team the best chance I winning that should play. It’s just not happening with Nagy no matter how many times we say it. He is stuck with the “Reid sits Mahomes so he can learn” program and he feels bad telling Dalton he is the starter. He didn’t expect to get Fields but it happened and he would feel bad going against what he told Dalton. No matter how many times we say he’s stupid.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I really don't understand why Nagy feels so obligated to Dalton. They have no history before this season. The guy is getting paid well. You don't owe him anything.
He’s not obligated. Fields isn’t ready yet. That was obvious watching yesterday. He may be able to learn on the job, but he’s definitely not the choice if the team wants to win now…snd every single player (and coach) on the team does.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s not obligated. Fields isn’t ready yet. That was obvious watching yesterday. He may be able to learn on the job, but he’s definitely not the choice if the team wants to win now…snd every single player (and coach) on the team does.

What rookie QB is ready?

WTF kinda comment is that guy.

They are rookies for a reason. Outside of a couple in the last few years most look like garbage half the time.

Fields needs to make those mistakes to grow. That shit doesn't happen on the bench.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I dont think it was obvious that Dalton gives them a better chance to win each week. Dalton gives them a better chance when he preps for the game all week and fields get no prep. Even with that if Robinson can catch and Graham can block then fields would've had a passing and rushing td and the game would have been a blowout

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Why not now? Dalton gives you nothing that will change this seasons narrative. He isn't going to be the difference in us beating the browns.
Wrong. We should be elated like other Bears fans that Dalton was 9-11, 56 yards and a TD. He played great. We should now be afraid to start Fields.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair enough, but if Dalton is not 100%, he should absolutely not be the starter.
Also, they always err on the side of precaution whenever it comes to injuries. I would think the Org will sit Dalton this week

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wrong. We should be elated like other Bears fans that Dalton was 9-11, 56 yards and a TD. He played great. We should now be afraid to start Fields.

Awesome, against the bengals.

Lemme watch a mediocre 30 something QB be mediocre just so we can finish with a mediocre record.

Makes sense