Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dalton is better than what we had

But the hate was more towards the Bears FO and not Dalton himself

Originally yes, I agree.

But now you have a bunch of brain dead losers who are trying to morph that hatred and justify it by claiming Andy Dalton is a worse quarterback than he actually is.

And any attempts to say otherwise by anyone is greeted with jeers from the peanut gallery claiming that defending him is tantamount to declaring him a Hall of Fame franchise quarterback.

Thus far, I have not seen anyone call Andy Dalton the franchise quarterback. But I have seen people say he is above average which is the truth.
I have seen people say that Dalton is significantly better than Mitch trubisky and Nick Foles which is also the truth.

And for the sin of saying this, you have people piling on and you know the type - those who don't think the Bears need a franchise quarterback, those who think the Bears should find a franchise quarterback in the sixth round, those who think Mitch trubisky was a franchise quarterback if not for that darn meddling coaching staff and their mangy dog .... Well, you know.....

Morons.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
the guy running the tape doesn't have an agenda, therefore isn't trying to win an internet pissing contest.

He's just someone who breaks down film and says it like he sees it good or bad.

that you try to make an argument that he is selectively editing film says more about you than it does him.

Ok.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You probably didn't watch those games. I did. As for why those losses happened, I'll just say, 1) it's a team game, and 2) his four playoff games were in his first four seasons in the league. AD is a better QB now than he was then. And I think the Bears are good enough to win with AD.

Only idiots attribute wins and losses to quarterbacks

But not as much as anyone hinting that bum ass QB should have been brought back

:getout:

AD is a better QB now than he was then. And I think the Bears are good enough to win with AD. ?

One one can say "Only idiots attribute wins and losses to quarterbacks". At the end of the day, the Qb is the leader who has the ball in his hand on every play. He's expected to lead and play a pivotal role in a team winning. Yes other factors come into play when we think about the W-L record i.e. the D, OL, wr's.

With that said.....if a team is not winning with a Qb, then that Qb is not gonna be around. Except if your the Bears with jay for 8yrs ?

But there's a reason Dalton is not with Cinn and Dallas

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
?

One one can say "Only idiots attribute wins and losses to quarterbacks". At the end of the day, the Qb is the leader who has the ball in his hand on every play. He's expected to lead and play a pivotal role in a team winning. Yes other factors come into play when we think about the W-L record i.e. the D, OL, wr's.

With that said.....if a team is not winning with a Qb, then that Qb is not gonna be around. Except if your the Bears with jay for 8yrs ?

But there's a reason Dalton is not with Cinn and Dallas

Because Cincy went into rebuild mode and Dallas already had a starter

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There is no reason to hate Dalton, period. He didn't sign himself.

What does the Lossman know about wins? Nothing.
that's your best comeback. lmfao!!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because Cincy went into rebuild mode and Dallas already had a starter

To even more directly address the point, Dalton was an above average quarterback but he's not a franchise quarterback.

Cincinnati decided to rebuild and try again for a franchise level quarterback.

I don't see how that is disputed but I also don't see how that makes Dalton a terrible quarterback.

Maybe it's a lack of perspective from Bears fans - I think our team would keep an above average quarterback just because we've never had one of those.

Cincinnati just went back to back with Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton, consecutive above average quarterbacks, and many franchises do.

That never stops them from trying for a franchise level quarterback because most of the time they're scouting is good enough to at least net them an above average one.

That cannot be said for the Bears.

Bears fans lack that perspective.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Draft Dr Phil Ottochian presents “The Tape Never Lies” A Football Educational Video Series. You can follow Phil ( @phil_ottochian on Instagram also Phil Ottochian on Facebook ) The Tape Never Lies This week Phil looks at the #ChicagoBears newest addition on the #offense led by #AndyDalton as DDP randomly selected games and takes a look at QB Andy Dalton and his footwork

• Ball Accuracy • Arm strength • Fundamentals • ball handling skills • timing and anticipation.

It’s a full on dive into the tape of Dalton.

I wouldn't say 'hate' regarding the Dalton signing.

I would say 'disappointment'. You tease the fanbase with dreams of Watson & Wilson, and then deliver the red rifle. People aren't going to jump for joy.

Do I think Dalton is worse than Trubisky/Foles? No. Do I think he's a significant upgrade? Probably not. Is he the long-term solution? Absolutely not.

He's a placeholder, for something, someone, sometime.

IOW, a wasted year for da Bears.

Again.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Originally yes, I agree.

But now you have a bunch of brain dead losers who are trying to morph that hatred and justify it by claiming Andy Dalton is a worse quarterback than he actually is.

And any attempts to say otherwise by anyone is greeted with jeers from the peanut gallery claiming that defending him is tantamount to declaring him a Hall of Fame franchise quarterback.

Thus far, I have not seen anyone call Andy Dalton the franchise quarterback. But I have seen people say he is above average which is the truth.
I have seen people say that Dalton is significantly better than Mitch trubisky and Nick Foles which is also the truth.

And for the sin of saying this, you have people piling on and you know the type - those who don't think the Bears need a franchise quarterback, those who think the Bears should find a franchise quarterback in the sixth round, those who think Mitch trubisky was a franchise quarterback if not for that darn meddling coaching staff and their mangy dog .... Well, you know.....

Morons.

EarlyImpureGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dalton is not a bad QB. Problem is the Bears settled for Dalton instead of trying a power move like S.F. and Indy did. Indy might strike gold if they can fix Wentz, and S.F. might find a Franchise Qb in Fields or Jones.

All of that is speculation. We will see who gets a franchise QB. TBH if the Bears get Mond or Mills, Dalton is the perfect Qb to learn from. He knows the nuances of the game and has good throwing mechanics. It's better than Mitch learning from fucking the Giraffe.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said, I understand the Mitch hate has led a many on this board to delusion, but I never saw Mitch or Foles throw a pass that awful.
Any pick or lost fumble is worse than that recovered fumble. You don't even understand that it wasn't a throw.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Dalton is not a bad QB. Problem is the Bears settled for Dalton instead of trying a power move like S.F. and Indy did. Indy might strike gold if they can fix Wentz, and S.F. might find a Franchise Qb in Fields or Jones.

All of that is speculation. We will see who gets a franchise QB. TBH if the Bears get Mond or Mills, Dalton is the perfect Qb to learn from. He knows the nuances of the game and has good throwing mechanics. It's better than Mitch learning from fucking the Giraffe.

Oh for heaven's sakes, really? Indy seeing "if they can fix Wentz" is a "power move"? That is hilarious! I guess S. F. trading for the #3 is a "power move", but I imagine that the two franchise QB's in this draft are at #1 and #2.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh for heaven's sakes, really? Indy seeing "if they can fix Wentz" is a "power move"? That is hilarious! I guess S. F. trading for the #3 is a "power move", but I imagine that the two franchise QB's in this draft are at #1 and #2.
Im just saying what fans want to see. They want to see the Bears go after a franchise QB instead of Dalton who is "meh" QB. He doesn't excite the fanbase.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said, I understand the Mitch hate has led a many on this board to delusion, but I never saw Mitch or Foles throw a pass that awful.

All you guys saying he's an improvement at QB, I really hope you shut the fuck up in the fall when he reminds the NFL why he was a backup.

Idiot runs into his own lineman to cause a fumble