My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am no Dalton fan but > Trufoleski.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
If that was Mitch or Foles, they wouldn't have had the luck of a leprechaun with the ball hitting the ref.
He is better than what we had but no one thinks it's more than faint praise.

Ask him about Houston's record.
hopefully Dalton sent a Christmas card to that ref's pecker!

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Dr Phil Ottochian presents “The Tape Never Lies” A Football Educational Video Series. You can follow Phil ( @phil_ottochian on Instagram also Phil Ottochian on Facebook ) The Tape Never Lies This week Phil looks at the #ChicagoBears newest addition on the #offense led by #AndyDalton as DDP randomly selected games and takes a look at QB Andy Dalton and his footwork

• Ball Accuracy • Arm strength • Fundamentals • ball handling skills • timing and anticipation.

It’s a full on dive into the tape of Dalton.

Cool vid...........If the Bears can add some young talent to the O-line from the draft to help with pass protection to keep Dalton upright and a couple more young WR’s to throw to this will help open up the run game for Montgomery and William.

I believe the Bears can win with Dalton, as long the O-line gives him good protection and time in the pocket to throw the ball he can make some plays downfield and keep the chains moving and also keep our defense on the sidelines resting. I’m not a person to judge and always give a person a chance, as long as Dalton sticks with his fundamentals, decision making and protecting the ball he’ll definitely have some success as a Chicago Bear.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
To even more directly address the point, Dalton was an above average quarterback but he's not a franchise quarterback.

Cincinnati decided to rebuild and try again for a franchise level quarterback.

I don't see how that is disputed but I also don't see how that makes Dalton a terrible quarterback.

Maybe it's a lack of perspective from Bears fans - I think our team would keep an above average quarterback just because we've never had one of those.

Cincinnati just went back to back with Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton, consecutive above average quarterbacks, and many franchises do.

That never stops them from trying for a franchise level quarterback because most of the time they're scouting is good enough to at least net them an above average one.

That cannot be said for the Bears.

Bears fans lack that perspective.

87.3 QB rating in 2020. League average was 93.6. Literally a below average QB. He hasnt hit the league average since 2016. And even then his 91.8 QB rating was not up to the 2020 standard of league average. (Trubisky was 93.5 for reference in 2020, take that as you will).

Cincinnati rebuilt because he was no longer a good QB who had a losing record every season since 2016, and was near Carson Wentz level bad in 2019.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey, I never said it was his fault but you always go on about QB responsibility for wins, Hypocrite.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
But he played a role in getting them to the playoffs. And a role in them going 0-4. You say he's better. Well he had a chance to secure the starting job in Dallas. But instead.....after Jerry Jones saw Dalton's performance.
Jones was like, ok Dak 'eff it here's your $$$$$ ?.

You say Dalton"is a better QB now". You might wanna take a look at his W-L record over the last 2-4 yrs.

Because Cincy went into rebuild mode and Dallas already had a starter

When you're winning, ya don't rebuild, ya reload.

"Dallas already had a starter", u say.

Actually Dallas had a Qb, who got injured and was without a contract. The scene was set Dalton to step in and save the day, ride off into the sunset, just like in the movies. But instead.....after Jerry Jones saw Dalton's performance.
Jones was like, ok Dak, u cripple........ 'eff it here's your $$$$$... darn it. ?

Lets see, I remember another situation where there was this injured Bledsoe starter and some Brady guy came in for him and I never heard from the "starter" anymore. You may have heard of the story :unsure:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually Dallas had a Qb, who got injured and was without a contract. The scene was set Dalton to step in and save the day, ride off into the sunset, just like in the movies. But instead.....after Jerry Jones saw Dalton's performance.
Jones was like, ok Dak, u cripple........ 'eff it here's your $$$$$... darn it. ?

Lets see, I remember another situation where there was this injured Bledsoe starter and some Brady guy came in for him and I never heard from the "starter" anymore. You may have heard of the story :unsure:

I dont care how well Dalton played. Prescott was never gonna be questioned as the starter

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
87.3 QB rating in 2020. League average was 93.6. Literally a below average QB. He hasnt hit the league average since 2016. And even then his 91.8 QB rating was not up to the 2020 standard of league average. (Trubisky was 93.5 for reference in 2020, take that as you will).

((((((Cincinnati rebuilt because he was no longer a good QB who had a losing record every season since 2016, and was near Carson Wentz level bad in 2019.))))))

Louder....some ppl still can't hear ya ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I dont care how well Dalton played. Prescott was never gonna be questioned as the starter

C'mon, stop playin' ....after that injury and without a contract, Dak's carreer as a Cowboy was hanging by a thread.
A slippery thread.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Don't hate Dalton, but also not going to be fooled into thinking this is an upgrade.

Over the last 3 years, Dalton and Trubisky are almost statistical mirrors.

I really don't want to hear about bad o-lines or lack of playmakers. If he was a guy that could make a difference, he'd at least have better numbers than a guy we know doesn't in Trubisky.

A big complaint about Trubisky is that he beat up on bad teams, but couldn't beat good ones. Neither guy has beaten a team that finished with a winning record since 2018.

Not an upgrade. Just a more expensive Trubisky.

Hope I'm wrong.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He’s was pretty good like 5 years ago. He’s below average now.

Anybody who is actually happy with Andy Dalton as the Bears QB should have an asterisk next to their profile that indicates nobody should take the opinion of said poster seriously. Lol at upgrade. How? Because you say it is? Getting an old QB downtrending consistently for the last 4 years is an upgrade or something we should be happy about? Okay?

I‘m convinced they got him as a placeholder or backup anyway and Pace has some plan that worst case scenario involves a second round qb like Trask.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Like I said, I understand the Mitch hate has led a many on this board to delusion, but I never saw Mitch or Foles throw a pass that awful.

All you guys saying he's an improvement at QB, I really hope you shut the fuck up in the fall when he reminds the NFL why he was a backup.

Dear Sweet Mitchel can't even hit them in shorts. :)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s was pretty good like 5 years ago. He’s below average now.

Anybody who is actually happy with Andy Dalton as the Bears QB should have an asterisk next to their profile that indicates nobody should take the opinion of said poster seriously. Lol at upgrade. How? Because you say it is? Getting an old QB downtrending consistently for the last 4 years is an upgrade or something we should be happy about? Okay?

I‘m convinced they got him as a placeholder or backup anyway and Pace has some plan that worst case scenario involves a second round qb like Trask.

I'm not sure anyone is "happy" he's our QB. I won't be "happy" until we have a true franchise QB. But there's what maybe 10 of those in the whole league? Dalton will have to do for now. Hopefully they draft one. (or two)

What does make me happy is we're not wasting any more time on DSM.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im just saying what fans want to see. They want to see the Bears go after a franchise QB instead of Dalton who is "meh" QB. He doesn't excite the fanbase.

They did..... both teams said no thanks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Cincinnati rebuilt because he was no longer a good QB who had a losing record every season since 2016, and was near Carson Wentz level bad in 2019.

Cincinnatti rebuilt because they were shit top to bottom. You don't get to draft #1 any other way.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Cincinnatti rebuilt because they were shit top to bottom. You don't get to draft #1 any other way.

Well obviously. I didnt mean to imply they ONLY built because Dalton was bad. You get the #1 pick, you take the best QB unless you just took one. Hell, the Colts took a QB and got rid of Peyton Manning who still had an MVP season in him. But the bottom line is Dalton was bad. Dalton is bad. Dalton will continue to be bad.