Dalton Not Deserving of the Hate? Breaking Down QB Andy Dalton

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Dr Phil Ottochian presents “The Tape Never Lies” A Football Educational Video Series. You can follow Phil ( @phil_ottochian on Instagram also Phil Ottochian on Facebook ) The Tape Never Lies This week Phil looks at the #ChicagoBears newest addition on the #offense led by #AndyDalton as DDP randomly selected games and takes a look at QB Andy Dalton and his footwork

• Ball Accuracy • Arm strength • Fundamentals • ball handling skills • timing and anticipation.

It’s a full on dive into the tape of Dalton.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah Dalton is a serviceable QB, but he’s not gonna take a team to the Promised Land.

If Pace did his job as well as Dalton does his......then we wouldn’t have Dalton as QB1.

i mean he fucked up the position so i agree

but i dont see what else could have been done for this offseason though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
10 wins takes the division. Packers will regress this year, you will see

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
This is so great to watch. This guy knows his stuff. AD has excellent mechanics and a great mind for the game.

One thing TTNL points out is Cee Dee Lamb dropping the ball. It was frustrating last year. I know he's was a rookie, but he dropped many crucial balls. Of course, AD gets the dislike rep and Lamb is hailed as the next coming, but whatevs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

This still doesn't explain why he plays so poorly in playoff game$

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:

This still doesn't explain why he plays so poorly in playoff game$

You probably didn't watch those games. I did. As for why those losses happened, I'll just say, 1) it's a team game, and 2) his four playoff games were in his first four seasons in the league. AD is a better QB now than he was then. And I think the Bears are good enough to win with AD.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You probably didn't watch those games. I did. As for why those losses happened, I'll just say, 1) it's a team game, and 2) his four playoff games were in his first four seasons in the league. AD is a better QB now than he was then. And I think the Bears are good enough to win with AD.

This board is just dumb. And not just any dumb.

Forky from Toy Story dumb

"Guys, Andy Dalton is not a bad quarterb..."

"DALTON SUCKS!"

"But there's proof that he doesn't..."

"HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!"

"I'm not saying he's a franchise QB..."

"GO ON, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING!"

"But he played Behind a line worse than the Bears"

"NEVERMIND HE SUUUUUUCKS HE SUCKS SUCKS!

"But he actually doesn't suck."

"WAIT, DALTON .... DOESN'T ......SUCK?"

"No. He's above average which should hel.."

"OMG! THIS IDIOT I AM TALKING TO JUST SAID DALTON WAS A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK! HE SUUUUUUCKS!"

"I give up...."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The tape doesn't lie, but it definitely gets selected to form whatever narrative you want. I'm sure Andy Dalton is a great guy with amazing fundamentals and knows how to play the game, but he's not one of the best 32 QBs in the league. He should not be a starting QB in the NFL anymore. And honestly, I dont even see him as an upgrade to Foles or Trubisky (and statistics back this up). He's just "different", which honestly may be enough (to go 8-8 again or 9-8) if Nagy actually trusts him to run the offense and throw the ball beyond 5 yards down the field.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

But he played a role in getting them to the playoffs. And a role in them going 0-4. You say he's better. Well he had a chance to secure the starting job in Dallas. But instead.....after Jerry Jones saw Dalton's performance.
Jones was like, ok Dak 'eff it here's your $$$$$ ?.

You say Dalton"is a better QB now". You might wanna take a look at his W-L record over the last 2-4 yrs.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The tape doesn't lie, but it definitely gets selected to form whatever narrative you want. I'm sure Andy Dalton is a great guy with amazing fundamentals and knows how to play the game, but he's not one of the best 32 QBs in the league. He should not be a starting QB in the NFL anymore. And honestly, I dont even see him as an upgrade to Foles or Trubisky (and statistics back this up). He's just "different", which honestly may be enough (to go 8-8 again or 9-8) if Nagy actually trusts him to run the offense and throw the ball beyond 5 yards down the field.

I'd have tried to sign Mitch, too a 1yr deal. What sucks is we drafted him ( 1st round) and he left without us getting so much as a, 6th round pick. Same for Fuller. Nothing in return.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But he played a role in getting them to the playoffs. And a role in them going 0-4. You say he's better. Well he had a chance to secure the starting job in Dallas. But instead.....after Jerry Jones saw Dalton's performance.
Jones was like, ok Dak 'eff it here's your $$$$$ ?.

You say Dalton"is a better QB now". You might wanna take a look at his W-L record over the last 2-4 yrs.

Only idiots attribute wins and losses to quarterbacks

But not as much as anyone hinting that bum ass QB should have been brought back

:getout:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

the guy running the tape doesn't have an agenda, therefore isn't trying to win an internet pissing contest.

He's just someone who breaks down film and says it like he sees it good or bad.

that you try to make an argument that he is selectively editing film says more about you than it does him.