Dalton really made this offense better huh ?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its hilarious.

Who had reps with the first team all offseason?

Who has 10 years of experience over the other?

But somehow were making "excuses" for a rookie.

The other UDFA is irrelevant. Nagy couldn't coach a 1st round QB let alone a UDFA QB. That same UDFA QB struggled to score all game as well and he had all 4 qtrs. Until the very end. Doesnt really matter when they aren't coached by the same people

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Keep walking your takes back. Rookie vs vet didn't factor in too much after the week 1 outrage at Dalton.

Anyway, I'm going dark for awhile. This place isn't even a football discussion. It's just a homer echo-chamber. At this point most posters are just making excuses for Fields getting outplayed by an UDFA....walking back takes...etc.

Wait...it's worse than that

It's more like a Justin Fields support group for ppl who crave confirmation bias. The mental gymnastics that have to happen to assure one another he has not been disappointing is getting sad.
Would you say that in a bar?

I bet not

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Keep walking your takes back. Rookie vs vet didn't factor in too much after the week 1 outrage at Dalton.

Anyway, I'm going dark for awhile. This place isn't even a football discussion. It's just a homer echo-chamber. At this point most posters are just making excuses for Fields getting outplayed by an UDFA....walking back takes...etc.

Wait...it's worse than that

It's more like a Justin Fields support group for ppl who crave confirmation bias. The mental gymnastics that have to happen to assure one another he has not been disappointing is getting sad.

Can you please follow through this time and fuck off to Retardland and reign as king? You are literally the worst poster on this forum. And there are people here that do nothing but try to act stupid for funsies, and you outdo them. Lol.

You bitch about Fields homers, yet you don't realize that you're exactly the same thing, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm not sure you've ever made a reasonable take about Fields. It's just doom and gloom, and it's pathetic. You really lack self-awareness, dude. Jesus Christ.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol at desperately trying to convince yourself that Fields didn't get outplayed by every QB on the field yesterday.
You either obliviously missed the point or willfully ignored it. I hope it isn't the later because its not a good strategy to shedding the troll label that you've complained about over and over again.
Anyway, I'm going dark for awhile.
Your record is 46 minutes. Good luck.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll give you the same treatment I get.

Who exactly said the offense would be SO MUCH BETTER with Dalton? Was it just ONE guy? Post examples.

I don't think anyone said that. It's in your head.
Well Ricky, I never said so much better, you’re a drama queen so I expect as much.

I turned the game off when fields went out, didn’t even watch Dalton. Take that back I saw the screen for a TD. Then shut it off.

14 points or whatever the fuck, ticker tape parade in your brain? I don’t care to rehash the passes and completions, and certainly won’t entertain a search on your behalf. Use the search function, maybe you’ll gain some self awareness.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Its hilarious.

Who had reps with the first team all offseason?

Who has 10 years of experience over the other?

But somehow were making "excuses" for a rookie.

The other UDFA is irrelevant. Nagy couldn't coach a 1st round QB let alone a UDFA QB. That same UDFA QB struggled to score all game as well and he had all 4 qtrs. Until the very end. Doesnt really matter when they aren't coached by the same people

Fields can't even hit 100 yards passing at the half. He's had 5 consecutive loser starts . . .

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Some 68 year old man called the score about 20 minutes ago and said this was clearly a 'playoff team' if Dalton starts the whole year.

I hope if I make it to 68, I don't call a radio station and announce to the world that I'm a damn idiot like this guy.

Seriously, he barely beats the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL and suddenly people think he's a playoff QB??? Our fanbase is so damn dumb.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
nuh-uh-randy-marsh.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some 68 year old man called the score about 20 minutes ago and said this was clearly a 'playoff team' if Dalton starts the whole year.

I hope if I make it to 68, I don't call a radio station and announce to the world that I'm a damn idiot like this guy.

Seriously, he barely beats the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL and suddenly people think he's a playoff QB??? Our fanbase is so damn dumb.
Hub Arkush always calls into the score after Bears games

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Black Rainbow: Rips on Justin Fields no matter what he does, good or bad. Never has any meaningful thought on anything else. Whines, cunts, makes baseless accusations, replies to his own posts.

Also Black Rainbow: "I'm leaving. This isn't even a football discussion."
I'm taking my ball and going home. Oh wait, that's not my ball?

This discussion is a nonstarter. We just scored the 2nd least points this season against the worst team in football and that's only because Cleveland missed a FG. It proves nothing one way or the other and Dalton's 85 rating against a team that averages giving up a 98 to the opposition is certainly no reason to maintain the change.

On a side note, the Bear are allowing 101 this season. :rolleyes:

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Dalton is light years ahead of Fields... not that it matters moving forward.

The only reason Chicago fans have given Fields this much slack with his dismal performance is due to the Bears having a bad offensive line.

Good thing we have a comparison for a decent quarterback in a similar situation.

Dalton is clearly better (as one would expect) under pressure. with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket, Dalton has put up 4 tds, 2 ints, 34 first downs, almost 65% completions and 3 sacks in 88 attempts.

Fields with less than 2.5 seconds is disastrous so far. 1 td, 5 ints, 35 first downs, and 14 sacks.

I in no way want to watch Dalton any more than is necessary. Fields needs to be out there so the Bears can find out if he is capable of having the job. The comparison between him and Dalton is purely a measuring stick to see if Fields measures up to a mediocre vet- and he doesn't yet, especially in pressure situations.
Which, to some degree is to be expected.

So moving on to rookie comparisons-
Zach Wilson, the comparison doesn't get much better. My out of town assessment of Wilson is he is almost certainly a bust.
Wilson has 93 attempts with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket. 3 tds, 2 ints, 25 first downs, and 4 sacks.

Lawrence in the same boat- 199 attempts, 3 tds, 2 ints, 58 first downs and only 7 sacks.

Jones in the same boat- 207 attempts, 8 tds, 5 ints, 73 first downs, and 7 sacks. Jones is really interesting- his rating is 94.7 with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket, 94.7 with more. Pressure seems irrelevant to him so far.

Lance doesn't really have enough attempts to make for a logical comparison- only 25 with less than 2.5 seconds.

Removing homer goggles, Fields and Wilson have been bad enough that both the Jets and Bears fan bases should be concerned.
Lawrence seems mediocre. Garden variety minor letdown but not a spectacular bust number 1 pick.

Mac Jones is living the dream on a great team, and appears smart enough to limit his mistakes and let the leagues number 1 defense cover his ass. Serviceable now in a perfect situation for someone in his shoes, so who knows what he will become.

Bottom line- Dalton is far better equipped to run this crippled offense, but that doesn't mean shit this year or long term- he is a non factor. Just holding a spot.
Fields needs to improve by leaps and bounds. Wilson appears in over his head, and I see not much separating Wilson and Fields.
Lawrence is a step up to semi functional, but I am not seeing much to be excited about long term with him.

Jones is just another Belichick project- a wise choice made better by being given the luxury of having the best d in the league and the GOAT head coach.