Dalton really made this offense better huh ?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I don't really care how Dalton plays. I'd rather have him start because I don't want Fields to play for this coach as a rookie on a useless season for a useless coach.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No shit his release is quicker, he’s been in the league for 11 years.

This isn’t about him v fields it’s about the dickhead who continues to put together shit game plans.

It doesn’t matter who is quarterback. His offense and his designs suck.. 16ppg.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Keep walking your takes back. Rookie vs vet didn't factor in too much after the week 1 outrage at Dalton.

Anyway, I'm going dark for awhile. This place isn't even a football discussion. It's just a homer echo-chamber. At this point most posters are just making excuses for Fields getting outplayed by an UDFA....walking back takes...etc.

Wait...it's worse than that

It's more like a Justin Fields support group for ppl who crave confirmation bias. The mental gymnastics that have to happen to assure one another he has not been disappointing is getting sad.
Did you actually leave?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dalton is playing exactly how I thought he play. He is serviceable and his experience shows like how Field's lack of experience shows. There is no doubt Fields is a more talented QB with an upside greater than Dalton ever had. That being said, if we had a playoff caliber team, I would want Andy in there. We don't have a playoff caliber team so get Fields back in there so we can get past the growing pains of a rookie QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dalton is light years ahead of Fields... not that it matters moving forward.

The only reason Chicago fans have given Fields this much slack with his dismal performance is due to the Bears having a bad offensive line.

Good thing we have a comparison for a decent quarterback in a similar situation.

Dalton is clearly better (as one would expect) under pressure. with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket, Dalton has put up 4 tds, 2 ints, 34 first downs, almost 65% completions and 3 sacks in 88 attempts.

Fields with less than 2.5 seconds is disastrous so far. 1 td, 5 ints, 35 first downs, and 14 sacks.

I in no way want to watch Dalton any more than is necessary. Fields needs to be out there so the Bears can find out if he is capable of having the job. The comparison between him and Dalton is purely a measuring stick to see if Fields measures up to a mediocre vet- and he doesn't yet, especially in pressure situations.
Which, to some degree is to be expected.

So moving on to rookie comparisons-
Zach Wilson, the comparison doesn't get much better. My out of town assessment of Wilson is he is almost certainly a bust.
Wilson has 93 attempts with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket. 3 tds, 2 ints, 25 first downs, and 4 sacks.

Lawrence in the same boat- 199 attempts, 3 tds, 2 ints, 58 first downs and only 7 sacks.

Jones in the same boat- 207 attempts, 8 tds, 5 ints, 73 first downs, and 7 sacks. Jones is really interesting- his rating is 94.7 with less than 2.5 seconds in the pocket, 94.7 with more. Pressure seems irrelevant to him so far.

Lance doesn't really have enough attempts to make for a logical comparison- only 25 with less than 2.5 seconds.

Removing homer goggles, Fields and Wilson have been bad enough that both the Jets and Bears fan bases should be concerned.
Lawrence seems mediocre. Garden variety minor letdown but not a spectacular bust number 1 pick.

Mac Jones is living the dream on a great team, and appears smart enough to limit his mistakes and let the leagues number 1 defense cover his ass. Serviceable now in a perfect situation for someone in his shoes, so who knows what he will become.

Bottom line- Dalton is far better equipped to run this crippled offense, but that doesn't mean shit this year or long term- he is a non factor. Just holding a spot.
Fields needs to improve by leaps and bounds. Wilson appears in over his head, and I see not much separating Wilson and Fields.
Lawrence is a step up to semi functional, but I am not seeing much to be excited about long term with him.

Jones is just another Belichick project- a wise choice made better by being given the luxury of having the best d in the league and the GOAT head coach.
Good stuff

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Dalton is playing exactly how I thought he play. He is serviceable and his experience shows like how Field's lack of experience shows. There is no doubt Fields is a more talented QB with an upside greater than Dalton ever had. That being said, if we had a playoff caliber team, I would want Andy in there. We don't have a playoff caliber team so get Fields back in there so we can get past the growing pains of a rookie QB.
The sheer amount of so called fans out there that think they WERE a playoff team with Dalton is insane.