Dalton starts, Fields starts, or...?

BluesBroJake

Liked Posts:
Dalton starts the season and the Bears use Fields in some packages here and there like the Saints use Taysom Hill.

I'm not saying use Fields for the exact same type of plays that Hill runs mind you, just that the Bears could design plays around Fields strengths and run him out there for a few series a game. Maybe like, every third series, or more depending on who's got the hot hand.

I see it as a no lose scenario but of course I could be wrong, I like it for a couple reasons.

1. It exposes Fields to live game action to where he can learn and hopefully make a difference right away, with out the pressure of being the starter or having to beat Dalton outright.

2. Fields will knows all week, each week, he will be playing. This creates more accountability and ideally, better preparation for both QBs but also gives Fields reps with the number one offense all week in practice.

3. If Dalton struggles or gets hurt it will be a more seamless transition to Fields and if not Fields still gets some experience.

This scenario may have been mentioned before but let me know what you think.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Dalton did change one Franchise around. JRock should be the day 1 starter

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When training camp starts and the coaching staff see this guys talent, no way can they not play him.