Dalton to Start Week 4?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Guys, this is the Bears. This is Nagy. Nagy is so incredibly married to this idea of Fields not starting until Year 2 because it’s the way they did it with Mahomes when he was in KC.

Never mind that the two situations couldn’t be more different. Never mind that he already played Fields more in Game 1 than Mahomes had played the first 16 weeks of the season. Never mind that Andy Dalton isn’t Alex Smith.

And never mind that Matt Nagy sure as shit isn’t Andy Reid.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Could you imagine if Fields looks fantastic today, actually wins the game, and then Nagy goes back to Dalton who puts up 13-4 points on the lowly Lions?

Nagy would be burned at the stake.

Even if Fields just looks okay today, he's the future, you roll with him. Dalton is a one year thing, stop trying to make it happen.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How mad would you be if Nagy plays all conservative with Fields to “keep him out of harms way” and keeps everything basic and simple with quick outs and no long shots?
(While simultaneously wondering why he can’t get his run game going)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey, if you don't want Dalton starting next week then you better hope Justin Manning balls the fuck out today.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever gets Nagy fired. I don’t care anymore.. as long as Justin gets reps.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Part of me thinks Nagy is afraid Fields exposes him. The only gains on offense will be backyard football vs his plays ?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just hoping he plays well enough so Nagy has no choice but to stay out of his own way.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Nagy has a minor out with the injury as far as being able to go back to Dalton in case Fields doesn’t look good at all. They can say Andy was the starter the whole time he was just hurt. It wouldn’t 100% fly because there are people just ready to move on with Fields no matter how he plays. Still though, he has that. If Fields plays well or is just adequate then they’ll keep him in. They really can’t go back to Dalton if Fields looks okay. The backlash would be too much and they know it. Plus, I’m sure they want Fields to take the job anyway.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I'm just hoping he plays well enough so Nagy has no choice but to stay out of his own way.

This will really test his stubbornness / ego.

Part of me wants to see the media annihilation if this occurs. Just keep embarrassing the Bears, only way George looks at making a change.

I like Nagy the HC for a min, but his treatment of this QB situation (no first team reps in particular for no fucking reason) and his comments to the media have soured my perception of him. Too much dishonesty when it truly was unnecessary (excl. scheme stuff)

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
It’s funny how you guys pretend as if Nagy is the first coach in the history of sports to not be forthcoming with the media. That stuff is pretty much irrelevant. Call better plays. I don’t really give a shit how you communicate with the media.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
It’s funny how you guys pretend as if Nagy is the first coach in the history of sports to not be forthcoming with the media. That stuff is pretty much irrelevant. Call better plays. I don’t really give a shit how you communicate with the media.

I don’t need injury disclosures in detail etc. just don’t insult the fan base’s intelligence.