Dalton will be JF1's sideline coach (clipboard holder)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No, good try but no. There is no cause and effect that can be taken for it.

Trevor Lawrence did not have any sitting to learn the offense and he had success from the start.

Trevor Lawrence and Fields were QB 1A & 1B since either one was in college.

Chances are that Fields would have had the same type of success as Lawrence right from the start.

Now, after saying all this, I am of the belief that he should sit a little to start his NFL career because the NFL is much different that the college game. Let him catch up to the NFL game speed. Let the offense figure out its blocking assignments. Then let him have half a season or so to do some on the job learning.
This is confusing.

You disagree with the logic behind sitting Fields, but also want to sit him?

I think this is how cross dressing started...

Seriously though, who cares? I think everyone wants him to succeed. As long as there's a good plan in place stick too it and see what happens. We'll debate over which plan is best, but the truth is there will be no opportunity to settle those arguments. Only one plan will be chosen and ideally it works.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is confusing.

You disagree with the logic behind sitting Fields, but also want to sit him?

I think this is how cross dressing started...
No, I disagree with what you said. You said that it was because Fields sat that he had success in college.

My take is that, like Lawrence, Fields had enough talent to be successful in college the instant he walked on the field. If the coaches would have given him a chance instead of giving QB1 to Fromm, I believe that Georgia would have had a real chance at being national champions that year with an elite defense and Fields under center.

Now, however, he is in the NFL where there is a huge difference in talent level (for most teams who are not Alabama. Alabama could probably beat the Lions).

He could use some time learning the game.