Damien Williams to Covid List

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't quite understand how professional athletes are getting COVID. like for 4 months out of the year you have like one thing to do, be isolated in a hotel and isolated with your team at practices. what am I missing?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't quite understand how professional athletes are getting COVID. like for 4 months out of the year you have like one thing to do, be isolated in a hotel and isolated with your team at practices. what am I missing?
Right? WTF.

mecha

Liked Posts:
like isn't it league or team policy you can't see your family even during the regular season? that would totally make sense to me. it's not like you're not making millions of dollars or getting a king's ransom playing a kid's game like Tommie Harris used to say. I think your people can do without for that long. it isn't professional wrestling or something where you're constantly gone. or baseball even.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
like isn't it league or team policy you can't see your family even during the regular season? that would totally make sense to me. it's not like you're not making millions of dollars or getting a king's ransom playing a kid's game like Tommie Harris used to say. I think your people can do without for that long. it isn't professional wrestling or something where you're constantly gone. or baseball even.
Nope.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

LOL! Yeah, it's not like there's thousands of people going in and out of hotels daily...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets not do this
Do what? It's a team sport he's making millions at. If you mean don't dump on him because he may have got the shot, OK but a shot isn't political unless some ass makes it so here.

Hopefully it's breakthrough case or false positive and he's back next week. I'm sure a lot of guys got the JJ which unfortunately isn't as good against Delta though it will still help get them back sooner. Don't know what his actual status was before this. He questioned the shot in June but I believe he's been on the podium without a mask which would indicate he got a shot..

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are appropriate forums to discuss the said topic is the point..
It's the fucking topic of the thread. I know it's hard for some to keep it in their pants but come on, we're mostly adults.

This idea that it can't be discussed unless made political is bullshit because some can't rag their 'beliefs' either way is ridiculous.

This has to do with the current rules situation, how his absence may affect a team and when he might return. No more and no less.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
tell you what, the rest of society has a legitimate gripe with ppl that can but won't get the vaccine
That actually isn't for here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
vaccinations are POLITICS. not MEDICINE or SCIECNE

they are trying to inject us with controlling micro-agents. literal mind control! get real folks!
Please don't.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Mark my words..

Nall with have 50+ yards rushing with 1 TD & 35+ receiving with 1 receiving TD.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Williams is unvaccinated, he almost certainly will also miss the Bucs game.

Here's the rundown. If you already know all of this, skip this post.

If you're vaccinated:

-You're tested once a week.

-If you test positive, you can re-join your team if you have two consecutive negative tests 24 hours apart. This seems unlikely for Williams unless this test was a false positive, but we'll see.

If you're unvaccinated:

-You're tested daily.

-If you test positive, you're automatically out for at least 10 days, after which you must receive consecutive negative tests.

Damien Williams, at last check, was unvaccinated because he was "still doing my research" on the vaccine.

That was in the summer. It's certainly possible he could've gotten vaccinated since then, but it seems unlikely, statistically speaking, since vaccinated players are tested once a week while unvaccinated players are tested every day. Testing daily while unvaccinated is statistically much more likely to yield a positive result that being tested weekly while vaccinated, although that obviously is extrapolation.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
That actually isn't for here.
This is what I mean,if people want to bitch and complain about people not getting the jab they can do it someplace else,this is the bears forum and they can take their whining elsewhere.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone is pumped for Herbert to start, as am I. But I am very concerned about his pass pro. He hardly has any snaps this year where he’s left in to block. And bears already have enough issues with their pass pro.

If Rodgers does his thing, Bears will be passing a lot more on Sunday. Hopefully Herbert is watching a lot of tape and is a quick learner. Green Bay is going to be blitzing a lot with a rookie QB and RB starting.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everyone is pumped for Herbert to start, as am I. But I am very concerned about his pass pro. He hardly has any snaps this year where he’s left in to block. And bears already have enough issues with their pass pro.

If Rodgers does his thing, Bears will be passing a lot more on Sunday. Hopefully Herbert is watching a lot of tape and is a quick learner. Green Bay is going to be blitzing a lot with a rookie QB and RB starting.

Well not to worry, we have an amazing offensive coaching staff that can gameplan effectively to counter that blitz! Nagy is well known for his usage of well timed screen plays, he's like a legend for it in the league. He might have actually invented it too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
its to keep them away from the assholes that aren't vaccinated jackass

also, since when did death become the only health outcome metric? It's looking more and more like covid can do weird shit to people
LOL, calm your tits. The eye roll gif was for 2 anti vaxer posts I cited not that he is being made to sit out.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

With Dominique Wilkinson manning the RT and Nagy salivating to playcall some 5 man protects what could go wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is what I mean,if people want to bitch and complain about people not getting the jab they can do it someplace else,this is the bears forum and they can take their whining elsewhere.
I think they can specifically complain about DW not getting it if that is the case. My thought is he did and shouldn't get shit over it right now.

Seems counterintuitive to think he and Goldman took a year off and then came back completely unprotected. My guess on this are that they got the more traditional JJ due to the MRNA propaganda and and now have less protection. That said, it's pure speculation on my part. I'm just happy he's young, healthy and likely has some protection.

Small sample size makes it less so but you have to admit that it's weird that the 2 guys that took a year off due to Covid concerns have both been on protocol (infected as opposed to contact while vaxxed which gets you back quickly with dislike tests). Of course there have been others but this is now 2 of 2 opt outs unless (hopefully) Williams is a false positive as opposed to, I think, under 1 in 10 of other players on the team.