Dan Durkin Breaking Down Fields Debut

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am also a huge advocate for PA as the base of this offense.......we'll see what Nagy does
Calling plays to the strength of the team is probably the worst trait of Nagy unfortunately. I would like to see Fields get on the edge early and often and not stuck in a crumbling pocket all the time. But we will see what Nagy does...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calling plays to the strength of the team is probably the worst trait of Nagy unfortunately. I would like to see Fields get on the edge early and often and not stuck in a crumbling pocket all the time. But we will see what Nagy does...
Nagy can run his RPO at times if he wants, but this offense has only succeeded when they ran the ball, used PA, rolled out of the rush

If they can do that they can then mix in some RPOs so Nagy can feel important.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Good Stuff

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am also a huge advocate for PA as the base of this offense.......we'll see what Nagy does
Can Nagy run the ball enough to make PA effective enough?

Maybe once he's forced to give up playcalling duties again this season... ?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
My guess here is that Nagy is putting all this “normal” offense like under the center snaps and PA on tape during the preseason only to switch back to his bull shit RPO shotgun and WR screens offense for the regular season thinking that he’s gonna fool teams out there.

He really can’t help but trip over his own feet.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. It’s frustrating to what the Nagy run “PA” out of the shotgun formation. Defenses don’t buy it for a second.
there is a lot to diagnose about Nagy's bad play calling...

The inability to keep the defense guessing, running the wrong personnel, and square peg/round hole game plan. He's a mess.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen many videos where the plays Nagy called had people running free, but the trigger man missed the read, on the play that Mitch was yanked at ATL, ARob was wide open. Mitch threw the ball into the teeth of the defense. Atl was running their base defense from a different look, which confused Mitch and he threw it to Jimmy Graham. JG was running into the area, while the DB had into his zone responsibility. It’s hard to judge what Nagy is doing when you realize Mitch can’t read defenses. As we all know Mitch was only successful when we played bad defenses.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
My guess here is that Nagy is putting all this “normal” offense like under the center snaps and PA on tape during the preseason only to switch back to his bull shit RPO shotgun and WR screens offense for the regular season thinking that he’s gonna fool teams out there.

He really can’t help but trip over his own feet.

did you guys even watch how Monty ran for the last 6 games last year ? Do you guys ever listen ? Nagy has said multiple times he wants to run the ball to balance the O … the Bears signed the Kc RB for a reason …. They got Teven Jenkins because he is a beast and nasty in the run game …. Posters on this board …. Worst IQ ever

Visionman

Liked Posts:
did you guys even watch how Monty ran for the last 6 games last year ? Do you guys ever listen ? Nagy has said multiple times he wants to run the ball to balance the O … the Bears signed the Kc RB for a reason …. They got Teven Jenkins because he is a beast and nasty in the run game …. Posters on this board …. Worst IQ ever
I truly don’t believe we’ve seen Nagy’s preferred offense yet. We will soon though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen many videos where the plays Nagy called had people running free, but the trigger man missed the read, on the play that Mitch was yanked at ATL, ARob was wide open. Mitch threw the ball into the teeth of the defense. Atl was running their base defense from a different look, which confused Mitch and he threw it to Jimmy Graham. JG was running into the area, while the DB had into his zone responsibility. It’s hard to judge what Nagy is doing when you realize Mitch can’t read defenses. As we all know Mitch was only successful when we played bad defenses.
Nagy has had multiple QBs....all of them have had problems with his offense....

I don't pin everything on Nagy. The players have responsibilities, but the pinnacle for me came when Foles was the QB...

The Bears had the defense reeling and were driving at will. Instead of stepping on the gas like everyone knew the Bears should have, he slowed the game down because he wanted to run some specific plays. He gave the defense the breathing time they needed to shut the Bears down.....that was an amateur's move. That was last year. Lazor took over after that and the offense excelled with Trubisky.....Nagy creeped back in and it got shut down again...

I don't think those were accidents.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't mind the back footers. The 1st was near perfect with a slight deflection and the catcher getting tripped. the 2nd, he missed on the safe side high and OB.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PA only works if the run game has been established as a threat on tape