Danny Parkins on Soldier Field air raid siren "This was all Nagy's idea"

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm not bemoaning that he went to sources to confirm this, I'm bemoaning the fact that he even spent time on this.

It was just a quick phone call to the guy at the stadium in charge of the sound effects. What about this makes you displeased? I think it's awesome that Nagy thinks so outside the box that he's instituting changes in the stadium and imploring the fans to create a better home field advantage. Any little edge that helps us win more games is not beyond his attention. I think that's cool.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True. My posting here is time so much better spent.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It was just a quick phone call to the guy at the stadium in charge of the sound effects. What about this makes you displeased? I think it's awesome that Nagy thinks so outside the box that he's instituting changes in the stadium and imploring the fans to create a better home field advantage. Any little edge that helps us win more games is not beyond his attention. I think that's cool.

Football coach wants edge to make it easier to win. News at 11.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Football coach wants edge to make it easier to win. News at 11.

Not all football coaches are created equally. Where were Marc Trestman and John Fox with this outside the box thinking?

Even the grass on our field is somehow better this season than its ever been

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I like it and it's nice to see Nagy doing anything he can to gain an advantage. The soldier field crowd has definitely needed something. Been to plenty of games where entire sections would just be sitting and talking amongst themselves instead of getting loud or quiet when necessary. It seems like they sound it when the opponent is trying to call their play which I'm surprised isn't against the rules.

The air raid is kind of fitting since it is soldier field but other teams use it too and it'd be nice to have something unique. Like a long drawn out Bear roar. Not sure if it'd be as effective as the siren if the goal is to make their play calling harder to hear. That high pitch siren is probably more effective and why other teams also use it.

That could work if you could somehow get some strong bass to make people feel it in their bodies a little bit