Danny Parkins on Soldier Field air raid siren "This was all Nagy's idea"

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
https://670thescore.radio.com/media/audio-channel/transition-bears-eagles-preview-shenanigans

Cliff notes (around the 4:00 mark): he says a source confirmed to him that the air raid siren we hear this year at soldier field was specifically requested by Matt Nagy. Parkins goes on to say that this is a trick Nagy picked up from his time with the Chiefs. Nagy understands the value of a loud home crowd and the siren, along with his constant praise in the media for the fans, is part of a calculated strategy to create a home field advantage

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
https://670thescore.radio.com/media/audio-channel/transition-bears-eagles-preview-shenanigans

Cliff notes (around the 4:00 mark): he says a source confirmed to him that the air raid siren we hear this year at soldier field was specifically requested by Matt Nagy. Parkins goes on to say that this is a trick Nagy picked up from his time with the Chiefs. Nagy understands the value of a loud home crowd and the siren, along with his constant praise in the media for the fans, is part of a calculated strategy to create a home field advantage
Having a winning team never hurts, but a siren not only helps the team but it allows the fans to gather their breath too for when it matters most.....Nagy, need to get an award from the fans for putting them in the best position to win.....

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Wont be long and every nfl stadium will be doing some form of it..

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Ok I am into these things. Please if you know someone from the Bears who can get this sound clip, it would be so menacing to play, like on third down for them, long yardage to go, and you know, YOU KNOW, the pass rush is coming.

My DJ board can be set up so you don't have to play the entire clip, before playing it again. I am sure the Bears could do the same.

This is a sampler page. Set up an account, download it, the file is yours. It is the first clip on the top. Hans Zimmer Horn 4. Check it out.
https://splice.com/sounds/splice/sounds-of-kshmr-vol-1

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Wont be long and every nfl stadium will be doing some form of it..

The UW Huskies have been doing this for as long as I remember. The air raid siren sounds after they score, and I think it is to mimic the howling of a dog.

I thought I heard this before from Soldier field and didn't know it was new. However while watching the Packers game on TV, Sh*t Gay was down and the air siren sounded when they needed to score late; I thought it may have meant to warn the crowd and the defense that GB needs to throw it. Aaron going for long bomb? Who knows when to press the air raid? Maybe Fangio invented it and has his finger on the air raid siren horn to warn the DB's and the fans?

Probably not, I guess it just means the fans need to get loud. What ever works, I also think if that BOOM thing goes down it would be cool too (also a college thing).

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I like it and it's nice to see Nagy doing anything he can to gain an advantage. The soldier field crowd has definitely needed something. Been to plenty of games where entire sections would just be sitting and talking amongst themselves instead of getting loud or quiet when necessary. It seems like they sound it when the opponent is trying to call their play which I'm surprised isn't against the rules.

The air raid is kind of fitting since it is soldier field but other teams use it too and it'd be nice to have something unique. Like a long drawn out Bear roar. Not sure if it'd be as effective as the siren if the goal is to make their play calling harder to hear. That high pitch siren is probably more effective and why other teams also use it.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gunshots. Like a shootout. Solider Field. Hilarious.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a fan though I must admit that the crowd is now actually making noise at the right times. Pavlovian.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Not a fan though I must admit that the crowd is now actually making noise at the right times. Pavlovian.

can't tell you how many times I was at games where the Bears were on offense where I was like "omg, shut up". it's incredible how much everything has changed for the team.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nagy's living in modern times---in the offense, in the way he approaches games, in the way he connects with the players, and...for the first time ever...the way he connects with the fans. I'm glad he realizes that's important.

No matter how you feel about the siren, it's just one of many ways Nagy has tried to increase fan acknowledgment and interaction since he's been here.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It's a Bear raid siren not air raid.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have always thought Bears fans travel well but they have little clue how to cheer at a game. They don't know how to be quiet for the offense and the stadium does not lend itself for decibels on defense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What a ridiculous thing to have to confirm with sources.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe not you personally, but people wouldn't have believed it. It's always good to cite to sources. Never hurts.
I'm not bemoaning that he went to sources to confirm this, I'm bemoaning the fact that he even spent time on this.