Danny Trevathan PFF grade

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A bit too early to say we should have signed Kwia but definitely wanted him instead of DT this past offseason.
More expensive + younger...Every penny counts as they say in cricket. VERY different player though.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have kept Kwitkowski simple really and calling him a practice squad quality player...really mfs he left here and was made a starter and a captain at the raiders you mooks

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
More expensive + younger...Every penny counts as they say in cricket. VERY different player though.
Umm what are u talking about their contract is pretty much the same I wouldn't be complaining about a 1 million difference when you're getting a better player....

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not ready to rip the decision of keeping DT after just one game, but it was definitely his worst performance as a Bear I can recall. He looked so slow and out of position way too much. It was like he aged 10 years this offseason. I'm hoping it was him still needing to get his endurance and speed up to full game speed without a preseason, but he looked bad and Stafford and that receiving group went after him. Here's hoping the Giants don't key in on that.
Maybe DT and Smith changed uniform numbers during "preseason" to hide that the real fat linebacker was Trevathon?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

DT's extension was actually for a bit more than Kwia.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Kinda ironic... Trevathan's Game 1 was reminiscent of Kwiatkowski's Game 1 against the Packers, where he was a step behind in pass coverage a number of times, which got him benched for a long time.

Considering how much Kwiat had improved, was our draft pick... compared to how old Trevathan was and how many games he missed due to injury... I thought it was pretty obvious we should have moved on to Kwiat (and or KPL).

Hope it's just a blip.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
No. Its the right thing to say. Letting KPL walk was a bigger mistake as well

I totally agree with this. KPL passed the eye test to me, with game speed. Kwit was def a bigger harder hitting guy, but KPL for 1/3 of the cost was the way to go.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I totally agree with this. KPL passed the eye test to me, with game speed. Kwit was def a bigger harder hitting guy, but KPL for 1/3 of the cost was the way to go.

truth is all of these guys look really good behind Goldman. They all look average at best and some would look like shit without him.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
truth is all of these guys look really good behind Goldman. They all look average at best and some would look like shit without him.
Danny trevathan is shit even with goldman and if smith stays clean he Isn't a liability when holding his ground.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Maybe he was saying something like this: This game (of football) is gonna (going to) get uglier and then the Lions (are going to play the Bears again and everybody is going to feel better about themselves for a week).

Could be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was essentially bench for Bush.

He was put back in the game for the last drive and almost blew the game.

He was beyond bad. Another game like that and you have to think about putting him on IR and eating the contract.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

KPL 60.
VAUGHTERS

I might have to start the Vaughters club like I did with Anthony Miller.
btw, i just did.. WorldStar CCS gang needs to hop on this Vaughters train !

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
all NFL Games are different and matchups are different...

just looking for a victory where the Bears come out healthy

So many people don't understand this concept. I remember two years ago when we lost to the Giants in OT. The next week we played the Rams and most of this board said we didn't have a prayer against the Rams offense since we lost to the Giants. We beat the holy hell out of that Ram offense.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This performance by Danny reminded me of game 2 in Arizona in 2018. The Cards isolated him twice in coverage and he was beaten by a TE and RB for TDs. I hope it’s just a conditioning issue. After this bizarre off-season, I realized there would be some players that would be gassed at points in the first game.
Especially some of the older guys... Hicks was noticeably sucking air on the final Lions drive too.

I don’t care how much you run, stretch and prepare, there’s nothing that can replicate the speed, hustle and effort that an actual NFL game requires. You know the Giants are going to try to get Engram and Barkley matched up with him.