Dante Fowler Jr or Shane Ray?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was played 36 snaps against the Eagles and under preformed and the next week went on IR for an ACL injury. He's undersized and only looks good in pre season.

Wait, a guy that is 6'2" and 254 is undersized, but 6'3" 245 (and also injured) is thread worthy?

:hawked:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait, a guy that is 6'2" and 254 is undersized, but 6'3" 245 (and also injured) is thread worthy?

:hawked:

Yes, this may be hard for you to understand but while size matters it's not everything but when it's paired with bad production on the field it's doesn't sound good.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, this may be hard for you to understand but while size matters it's not everything but when it's paired with bad production on the field it's doesn't sound good.

Then why are you calling a bigger guy "undersized?" I'm not the one that brought it up.

Know what else doesn't sound good? Pretty much everything you've mentioned about Fowler in this thread... Should I remind you again? Or would that prompt another attempted Facebook stalking?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why mention he's undersized because he is.

I'd be open to giving him a shot as long as it's not for a draft pick.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Both are still in their early twenties and best career year for both of them was eight sacks. Yannick Ngakouu and Calasis Campbell will take Fowlers spot.

Nick Kwaitoski for Fowler Jr?

Both of had off field issues. Unless it was really cheap I'd take neither given we've already given up our 2nd rounder for next season. The player I'd like now or in the next off season is Shaquil Barrett. He's capable of dominating and he'll be a reasonable price as well given he likely won't be starting in front of Von Miller or Bradley Chubb.

Players I'd be willing to part with would be Sims and probably Bullard and maybe Kwiatkoski. I am not sure on the latter. He's a great run stuffer and I think a solid depth piece going forward for the long term for the Bears.

I don't think Bears' fans should sleep on Aaron Lynch either. He has the tools to be a very good player. He's shown it before.

Personally would re-sign Lamarr Houston or perhaps Junior Galette. If Pace likes Chris McCain then he's another solid option who won't be expensive. I think that's enough though I accept we need Floyd to stay healthy this season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Both are still in their early twenties and best career year for both of them was eight sacks. Yannick Ngakouu and Calasis Campbell will take Fowlers spot.

Nick Kwaitoski for Fowler Jr?

Is this what gave you this idea of trading Kwiat for a OLB?

https://t.co/8EiFpqaVUd

An Overlooked Subplot Just Made This Bears Trade Rumor Interesting
By Erik Lambert - May 2, 201811154
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
GM Ryan Pace did almost everything right this off-season. He hired a young, up-and-coming head coach to take the team in a new direction. One geared around the quarterback. He added a bevy of weapons to an empty cupboard including Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller (no prior Bears trade rumor!?), Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton. If that weren’t enough, he even managed to give the defense a potential new heart and soul in first round pick Roquan Smith.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t quite perfect. If it were a test it would be a 95%. Pace couldn’t quite finish painting the masterpiece before time ran out. That misfire came at the edge rusher position. The Bears entered the 2018 off-season with it arguably being the weakest on the roster. Now here they are in May and nothing has changed.

Their two projected starters are Leonard Floyd with his recovering knee and Aaron Lynch who finished a disappointment in San Francisco. After them, it’s rookie Kylie Fitts and veteran Sam Acho. Not exactly a group that quarterback will fear. It’s for this reason that fans remain hopeful Pace may yet have one more bold move to play.

One that could involve a trade.

Bears trade rumor that seemed far-fetched just gained traction
It’s already been mentioned a couple times on SM in the past couple weeks, but new information means it’s time to address it again. One name that just gained serious momentum on the trade market is former first round pick Shane Ray. A series of factors have led to this conclusion.

First is the Denver Broncos switching to a 4-3 defense. Ray was drafted to play in a 3-4 as an outside linebacker. Next is his injury history which has hampered his ability to contribute. Then there’s the fact that Denver just drafted Bradley Chubb, likely reducing Ray’s role in the defense as a whole. Last but not least, his time there appears more limited than ever.

Nicki Jhabvala

@NickiJhabvala
The Broncos will not exercise Shane Ray’s fifth-year option, per source.

This means Ray will be a free agent in 2019. In other words, if the Broncos hope to get anything back for him they’re on the clock to trade him to an interested team. Chicago, who runs a 3-4, would make perfect sense. Not only that, but there’s a subtle piece of information people forgot regarding this.

One that could give Pace the edge in making any deal happen.
Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune brought it up in a recent article while discussing the Ray question.

“IT’S POSSIBLE THE BRONCOS LOOK TO MOVE HIM, BUT I’M NOT SURE THEY WOULD VIEW KWIATKOSKI AS THE FIT THEY WANT. IF RAY REMAINS WITH THE BRONCOS, THE BEARS WILL BE ABLE TO GET A CLOSE LOOK AT HIM IN THE JOINT PRACTICES THE TEAM WILL HOLD IN DENVER THIS SUMMER BEFORE THE EXHIBITION MEETING BETWEEN THE TEAMS. YOU’RE THINKING ALONG THE RIGHT LINES IN LOOKING AT PLAYERS WHO MIGHT NO LONGER FIT WITH THEIR CURRENT CLUBS.”

Indeed the Bears and Broncos play each other in the preseason this year. The two franchises thus decided to hold joint practices in an effort to help each other get ready for the regular season. However, there’s an underlying benefit to this. It gives Pace a chance to see Broncos players up close and personal. This is good for possibly scooping up names who could be cut on the waiver wire. Something he did with Cre’Von LeBlanc two years ago when the Bears held joint practices with the Patriots.

It’s also a chance to see Ray in action and talk face to face with Broncos GM John Elway. That dialogue could end up facilitating a trade if Denver is indeed contemplating one.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Both of had off field issues. Unless it was really cheap I'd take neither given we've already given up our 2nd rounder for next season. The player I'd like now or in the next off season is Shaquil Barrett. He's capable of dominating and he'll be a reasonable price as well given he likely won't be starting in front of Von Miller or Bradley Chubb.

Players I'd be willing to part with would be Sims and probably Bullard and maybe Kwiatkoski. I am not sure on the latter. He's a great run stuffer and I think a solid depth piece going forward for the long term for the Bears.

I don't think Bears' fans should sleep on Aaron Lynch either. He has the tools to be a very good player. He's shown it before.

Personally would re-sign Lamarr Houston or perhaps Junior Galette. If Pace likes Chris McCain then he's another solid option who won't be expensive. I think that's enough though I accept we need Floyd to stay healthy this season.

Agree on Barrett, I think he's a more consistent and well-rounded player. I don't think Galette will be in the mix because of his tumultuous history with the Saints.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Is this what gave you this idea of trading Kwiat for a OLB?

First is the Denver Broncos switching to a 4-3 defense. Ray was drafted to play in a 3-4 as an outside linebacker. Next is his injury history which has hampered his ability to contribute. Then there’s the fact that Denver just drafted Bradley Chubb, likely reducing Ray’s role in the defense as a whole. Last but not least, his time there appears more limited than ever.

Nicki Jhabvala

@NickiJhabvala
The Broncos will not exercise Shane Ray’s fifth-year option, per source.

This means Ray will be a free agent in 2019. In other words, if the Broncos hope to get anything back for him they’re on the clock to trade him to an interested team. Chicago, who runs a 3-4, would make perfect sense. Not only that, but there’s a subtle piece of information people forgot regarding this.

One that could give Pace the edge in making any deal happen.
Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune brought it up in a recent article while discussing the Ray question.

“IT’S POSSIBLE THE BRONCOS LOOK TO MOVE HIM, BUT I’M NOT SURE THEY WOULD VIEW KWIATKOSKI AS THE FIT THEY WANT. IF RAY REMAINS WITH THE BRONCOS, THE BEARS WILL BE ABLE TO GET A CLOSE LOOK AT HIM IN THE JOINT PRACTICES THE TEAM WILL HOLD IN DENVER THIS SUMMER BEFORE THE EXHIBITION MEETING BETWEEN THE TEAMS. YOU’RE THINKING ALONG THE RIGHT LINES IN LOOKING AT PLAYERS WHO MIGHT NO LONGER FIT WITH THEIR CURRENT CLUBS.”

Indeed the Bears and Broncos play each other in the preseason this year. The two franchises thus decided to hold joint practices in an effort to help each other get ready for the regular season. However, there’s an underlying benefit to this. It gives Pace a chance to see Broncos players up close and personal. This is good for possibly scooping up names who could be cut on the waiver wire. Something he did with Cre’Von LeBlanc two years ago when the Bears held joint practices with the Patriots.

It’s also a chance to see Ray in action and talk face to face with Broncos GM John Elway. That dialogue could end up facilitating a trade if Denver is indeed contemplating one.

coach joseph confirmed the broncos are not moving to a 4-3 and that chubb will play 3-4 OLB. maybe pace likes what he sees in Ray during joint practices but kwiat is not a need for the broncos...they have marshall and davis. If pace wants ray he's gonna have to give up draft compensation imo.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
coach joseph confirmed the broncos are not moving to a 4-3 and that chubb will play 3-4 OLB. maybe pace likes what he sees in Ray during joint practices but kwiat is not a need for the broncos...they have marshall and davis. If pace wants ray he's gonna have to give up draft compensation imo.

Can you post the link or the article where he said that cause i can't find it but i'm also horrible on a computer so might just not know where to look??

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Agree on Barrett, I think he's a more consistent and well-rounded player. I don't think Galette will be in the mix because of his tumultuous history with the Saints.

Agreed on Galette

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange