Darnell Mooney knows you don’t believe in him, but ‘I will get my respect’

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I believe in him, what a joy to watch. Maybe the league media hasn't figured him out yet, but Bears fans have watched his first two years and enjoyed his play. If people aren't smart enough to recognize his talent, fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really like him, hard worker, dedicated with no diva vibes, my kind of guy!!

We may get our first chance to see Mooney in a system that actually works. Hopefully Mooney can continue to develop chemistry with Fields and be a Hill type of player.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Altho Jaylon Johnson isn't getting the picks. The dude has serious lock down skills.

wonder if Johnson shadowed and rekt Mooney in them 7vs7's . . .? hmmmmmm

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I personally think CCS eats more cock this offseason than probably the previous 9 I witnessed combined.

"Eats more cock" LOL. Who talks like that?

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Eats more cock" LOL. Who talks like that?
You're in a forum where references to dick licking and dick ripping is commonplace. Should be no surprise to hear someone admit to witnessing cock being eaten on 9 previous occasions.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I like Mooney as well, but he has to step it up this season. In 2021, his catch % and his separation distance decreased from 2020. Some of this had to do with him facing better corners.

I see him a guy up to the challenge. And for a 5th round pick he has well exceeded his value. If he continues to work on his craft he could be a solid #2 WR.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm, I remember being a bit disappointed in some of his drops in key moments last year. I guess I’m not too down on him though since the o’s lack of production ultimately led to Nagy getting fired. Just hope he develops along with fields this year.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like Mooney. He has played well and has exceeded his 5th round draft grade. But, I have a hard time seeing him sustain himself as a #1 receiver. That's not to say he isn't a valuable player. But when I think of a #1, I think of a physical specimen. Someone who can establish himself in the redzone. To me, Mooney will be a threat from 20 to 20. But inside the redzone, I'm not sold on him.

Unfortunately, it has little to do with him, his talent, or work ethic, which I think are all off the charts. It has everything to do with him being limited by his size. Guys like him don't usually last in the league long. Maybe they have a good year or two and some solid seasons here or there, but to sustain themselves and be a true #1 is rare.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agreed he isn't a #1. But enough separation that he can be productive if his hands are solid

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all seriousness I hope Getsy knows how to use him. There were a handful of games last season where he was used like he should, running away from defenders, not hitches and curls. I think he can be a 1b type receiver, he is one of my favorite players.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It has everything to do with him being limited by his size. Guys like him don't usually last in the league long. Maybe they have a good year or two and some solid seasons here or there, but to sustain themselves and be a true #1 is rare.

When the game is on the line is Mooney the GOTO guy?

NOPE, NOT HAPPENIN. Otherwise he a good #2 wr on a team devoid of talent.