Darnell Mooney rookie stats vs Hopkins

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching him reminded me of Antonio Brown. I think Brown is a little slower and maybe a little bigger but they seem pretty similar.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t know if any QB will make Miller better. He is who he is. He shows up and makes big plays, but also is a let down and f*cks up. Everyone else, I agree with. The only other thing that could stop Watson from succeeding is Nagys play calls

The hope is that the kid doesn't know how to hold in his frustration when the offense is moving the ball and playing like absolute garbage, which happened quite a bit with this team, and when he gets a real QB that knows how to move the ball and will be throwing for 280+ yds every game that there won't be as many reasons to let those frustrations out. Won't he also be in a contract year next year? If so then that always helps players play their best.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah for sure, I think he could add 10lbs to his frame in muscle and be just as fast as he is now. That Packers game he got a lot of volume and got the shit knocked out of him. I don't think his body can take that type of volume every week at 5'11 176

Mooney needs to get on board with Tyreek's training

View attachment 10154
Does he need to start a domestic violence training course?

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He played really well for a rookie with no QB but people need to relax. Lets see what he can do moving forward, especially if Arob doesnt return, which i dont think he will.

Normally I'm the guy preaching relax..... but I'm pretty sold on the kid. He's the real deal IMO.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Normally I'm the guy preaching relax..... but I'm pretty sold on the kid. He's the real deal IMO.
I think he's really good but comparing him to an all world WR because they had similar rookie seasons? Just doesn't click for me. But like i keep saying to people, i'm more of a "lets see it for 2 seasons" type of guy. Out of all of Pace's picks, i like him as much as any of them.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he's really good but comparing him to an all world WR because they had similar rookie seasons? Just doesn't click for me. But like i keep saying to people, i'm more of a "lets see it for 2 seasons" type of guy. Out of all of Pace's picks, i like him as much as any of them.

Well its the wrong comparison becasue they're totally different types of players. The right one..... which I've already made a thread on..... is him compared to T Hill.

(obviously needs to make the next step..... but the rookie years and build are comparable)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Word.

There was a time not that long ago that Alshon Jeffery looked like a "Bear 4 Life" and now he cannot even tread water in an offense with literally no one at receiver.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well its the wrong comparison becasue they're totally different types of players. The right one..... which I've already made a thread on..... is him compared to T Hill.

(obviously needs to make the next step..... but the rookie years and build are comparable)
It reminds me of TY Hilton

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah for sure, I think he could add 10lbs to his frame in muscle and be just as fast as he is now. That Packers game he got a lot of volume and got the shit knocked out of him. I don't think his body can take that type of volume every week at 5'11 176

Mooney needs to get on board with Tyreek's training

View attachment 10154
He was fully functional until he got that completely unavoidable out of position hit from Amos head hinting. That it was only his ankle surprised me. He's not as strong as Hill for sure but he's fine.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Talented rookie player who worked well with Trubisky to put up good numbers - somehow, on yet another thread, that evolves into a 'Trubisky bad' thread from some of the usual suspects.

Seriously, take a day off and enjoy the fact Mooney is a talented kid who has a great future with the team. :beer:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The hope is that the kid doesn't know how to hold in his frustration when the offense is moving the ball and playing like absolute garbage, which happened quite a bit with this team, and when he gets a real QB that knows how to move the ball and will be throwing for 280+ yds every game that there won't be as many reasons to let those frustrations out. Won't he also be in a contract year next year? If so then that always helps players play their best.
It might help his frustration, but won’t help his hands and route running. He is not consistent with catching the ball. Even if a QB throws better passes, there’s a 50/50 chance he catches or drops it.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It might help his frustration, but won’t help his hands and route running. He is not consistent with catching the ball. Even if a QB throws better passes, there’s a 50/50 chance he catches or drops it.
Actually 62.3/37.7......lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was fully functional until he got that completely unavoidable out of position hit from Amos head hinting. That it was only his ankle surprised me. He's not as strong as Hill for sure but he's fine.
He looked pretty whooped to me, like I said love him and I think he's a good one. These guys do strength training for a reason it's not a knock on him at all, he was badass as a first year player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I know he's inconsistent with catching balls but there's a lot of good WR's who aren't all that consistent with their hands and even though he's dropped some balls i've also seen him make some tough catches so i think it's more a concentration or hearing footsteps or turning and running before he looks the ball all the way into his hands type thing then it is him just not having good hands but that's obviously just my opinion. It's definitely not 50/50 either. He doesn't drop half the balls that are catchable.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Mooney is a nice player. Could become a good piece for this team, not sure about comparing him to Hopkins. Hopkins has been putting up 1400 yard seasons with ease. I doubt Mooney could put up another 800 yards from season, but I hope I'm wrong.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I know he's inconsistent with catching balls but there's a lot of good WR's who aren't all that consistent with their hands and even though he's dropped some balls i've also seen him make some tough catches so i think it's more a concentration or hearing footsteps or turning and running before he looks the ball all the way into his hands type thing then it is him just not having good hands but that's obviously just my opinion. It's definitely not 50/50 either. He doesn't drop half the balls that are catchable.

I agree with what you said and my comments are just my opinion on your original topic that a good QB makes Miller a better wr. I think we have seen who Anthony Miller is. He’s a #3 wr that will produce decent numbers throughout the season. Even if they bring in a top QB, ARob (as of now) and Mooney will get the majority of the targets.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He can be a 1,000 yard receiver with a real QB.

aswhzbsvvre61.jpg

Id like to see him put on about 15lbs of muscle so he can be a bit more durable because i think he can be a top tier receiver. The holy trinity of any great offense is great qb, great rb and great receiver wr/te. I believe the bears have an elite RB, Mooney is potentially an elite WR and well QB is pending.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with what you said and my comments are just my opinion on your original topic that a good QB makes Miller a better wr. I think we have seen who Anthony Miller is. He’s a #3 wr that will produce decent numbers throughout the season. Even if they bring in a top QB, ARob (as of now) and Mooney will get the majority of the targets.

I think they're gonna do everything they can to trade him this offseason and it actually wouldn't shock me if they were able to get something for him, but whatever they get will be much less than what they gave up to get him in the draft. If not then they could even be pressured to cut him by G.McCaskey who's obviously upset with him after what he said in the end of season presser. Maybe we'll finally get to see some R.Ridley if they do.