Darnell Mooney: Superstar in the making

dabears70

I am Ryan Pace
My favorite teams
New York Mets New York Knicks Chicago Bears New York Rangers Syracuse Orange
I don’t feel like scrolling through the thread to look but you can post it and I’ll take a look. I remember that play when I watched it live on TV and it was clearly for Evans.
It's the very first post but it's all good if you don't wanna go check it out cause i already know the answer to my own question...LOL

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
I just hate getting overly excited about young players. For the Eagles I'm thinking of Travis Fulgham. There was a 4 game stretch were he was producing at a very high level. When people broke down his film they were saying it's all there and he's a star in the making. After that stint he had 2 games where he caught 1 ball each and had 12 targets.

Young players can look great for stretches. That doesn't mean it's sustainable, just that they flashed.
True. I would add, we saw improvement each and every week from Mooney. He didn't just flash a few games, while not every game was great or even just ok, you could see flashes of "wow" in there splattered about. That seemed to grow as the weeks went on. Even in the "analyst" world, Mooney is getting high praise. Now, as we saw with Johnny Knox, there are no certainties. I suppose it comes down to Ceiling. You can see a high ceiling with Mooney in his play. He CAN play at a high ceiling level, now bring him a QB that can throw the rock.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
I have mixed feelings about Mooney being a reason we can move on from ARob.

I do find Mooney a compelling reason to move on from Trubisky though. We're building a young core on offense, but it's hard to see with how bad the QB position has been. The inaccuracy deep was hard to watch on these highlights.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Another thing that bears (pun intended) mentioning with Mooney is NFL defenses are already giving him respect. He led all NFL players in cushion ie how far DBs play off him with an average of 7.6 yards of cushion.

My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bears
I just hate getting overly excited about young players. For the Eagles I'm thinking of Travis Fulgham. There was a 4 game stretch were he was producing at a very high level. When people broke down his film they were saying it's all there and he's a star in the making. After that stint he had 2 games where he caught 1 ball each and had 12 targets.

Young players can look great for stretches. That doesn't mean it's sustainable, just that they flashed.
Thank You

Bearly

Dissed member
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
He had no bad games and started as a 5th rounder in his rookie year because he showed he was that good in a shortened preseason. Woke up in the NFL deking CBs. His only issue was not getting enough throws or plays designed for him until late in the year.

wazzupi

I have mixed feelings about Mooney being a reason we can move on from ARob.

I do find Mooney a compelling reason to move on from Trubisky though. We're building a young core on offense, but it's hard to see with how bad the QB position has been. The inaccuracy deep was hard to watch on these highlights.
those were nick foles...