dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t feel like scrolling through the thread to look but you can post it and I’ll take a look. I remember that play when I watched it live on TV and it was clearly for Evans.

It's the very first post but it's all good if you don't wanna go check it out cause i already know the answer to my own question...LOL

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just hate getting overly excited about young players. For the Eagles I'm thinking of Travis Fulgham. There was a 4 game stretch were he was producing at a very high level. When people broke down his film they were saying it's all there and he's a star in the making. After that stint he had 2 games where he caught 1 ball each and had 12 targets.

Young players can look great for stretches. That doesn't mean it's sustainable, just that they flashed.
True. I would add, we saw improvement each and every week from Mooney. He didn't just flash a few games, while not every game was great or even just ok, you could see flashes of "wow" in there splattered about. That seemed to grow as the weeks went on. Even in the "analyst" world, Mooney is getting high praise. Now, as we saw with Johnny Knox, there are no certainties. I suppose it comes down to Ceiling. You can see a high ceiling with Mooney in his play. He CAN play at a high ceiling level, now bring him a QB that can throw the rock.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings about Mooney being a reason we can move on from ARob.

I do find Mooney a compelling reason to move on from Trubisky though. We're building a young core on offense, but it's hard to see with how bad the QB position has been. The inaccuracy deep was hard to watch on these highlights.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thing that bears (pun intended) mentioning with Mooney is NFL defenses are already giving him respect. He led all NFL players in cushion ie how far DBs play off him with an average of 7.6 yards of cushion.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
I just hate getting overly excited about young players. For the Eagles I'm thinking of Travis Fulgham. There was a 4 game stretch were he was producing at a very high level. When people broke down his film they were saying it's all there and he's a star in the making. After that stint he had 2 games where he caught 1 ball each and had 12 targets.

Young players can look great for stretches. That doesn't mean it's sustainable, just that they flashed.
Thank You

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He had no bad games and started as a 5th rounder in his rookie year because he showed he was that good in a shortened preseason. Woke up in the NFL deking CBs. His only issue was not getting enough throws or plays designed for him until late in the year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings about Mooney being a reason we can move on from ARob.

I do find Mooney a compelling reason to move on from Trubisky though. We're building a young core on offense, but it's hard to see with how bad the QB position has been. The inaccuracy deep was hard to watch on these highlights.
those were nick foles...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't need a compelling reason to move on from Nick Foles but I suspect his contract is a compelling reason he'll stay our backup.

based on results....horrible trade and contract

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney is going to have a huge year with Fields’ arm and his propensity for deep shots. He’ll be Fields’ Chris Olave.

TightDampAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Mooney is going to have a huge year with Fields’ arm and his propensity for deep shots. He’ll be Fields’ Chris Olave.

TightDampAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif
First thing i thought about when we drafted Fields. He has legit deep field accuracy. There were several homerun plays where Mooney was open and the QB just missed him last year. Get ready for some big time Mooney highlights this year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mooney will be a fantasy sleeper. It would not shock me…if he had more yards or TDS than Robinson this year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Mooney will be a fantasy sleeper. It would not shock me…if he had more yards or TDS than Robinson this year.
I hope Fields spreads the ball out and they both get 1000 yards and close to 10 TDs

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
mooney should have arguably had close to or more than 1k last year with a more accurate QB…a QB who knows where to go with the ball … I think both getting 1k is very realistic next year
100% agree. Mooneys stats (weren’t bad) don’t show everything. How many drops did he have last year? 1 or 2?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
100% agree. Mooneys stats (weren’t bad) don’t show everything. How many drops did he have last year? 1 or 2?

Hes extremely dangerous. Top shelf potential. Tell you what, I find myself really liking a lot of the offensive guys. Mooney, Robinson, Jenkins, Montgomery….Kmet is still a bit of an unknown but I’m cautiously optimistic. Cohen is a solid chess piece, just have to use him right. Graham will score TDS. There’s pieces there. There is absolutely zero excuse not to have at minimum an above average offense. Bare minimum

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Hes extremely dangerous. Top shelf potential. Tell you what, I find myself really liking a lot of the offensive guys. Mooney, Robinson, Jenkins, Montgomery….Kmet is still a bit of an unknown but I’m cautiously optimistic. Cohen is a solid chess piece, just have to use him right. Graham will score TDS. There’s pieces there. There is absolutely zero excuse not to have at minimum an above average offense. Bare minimum
I think that Graham might still get cut. His buddy Russell Wilson isn't coming and they need the cap space. If not cut, maybe they rework the contract. I know Nagy would love to have a Trey Burton like player to compliment Kmet. The stuff they were doing with Burton the first year was really making the offense tick. Similar to how KC uses Kelce.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Add to that that defenses are going to have to cover the entire field because the Bears now have an accurate QB with the arm strength to get the ball to receivers all over the field. This alone will make a player like Kmet more effective because he will have a lot less defenders around him.

The offense should finally become more entertaining than the getting-teeth-pulled offense of 2020.