Darnold or Mac Jones?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I haven't really seen this thrown around too much, but if given the choice (dick ripping not included), would you rather trade a 2nd for Darnold, or draft Mac Jones at #20 or even possibly trade up for him? Personally, I think I would go the Jones route, because the tape is out on Darnold, and I'm not optimistic that he's salvageable. Could you develop into a better QB than he was on the Jets? Certainly. But that's a craptastically low bar. I would rather go the unknown route and roll with a rookie to develop behind the Red Rocket.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
It don't matter cause Jones will be LONG gone before the Bears pick. Maybe a top 5 pick.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’d do next year’s 3rd and throw in Foles to help develop the dude they’re going to draft.

There’s not a chance in hell I’d part with solid draft capital that could actually help the team this year to either over-draft a qb to sit for a year and let these clowns develop him like they did Trubisky or pick up what the Jets done dropped.

We are not desperate for a qb not named Russel Wilson. Nobody else will help us win. I’d rather have our picks and let the next staff get their guy.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At least Mac Jones didn't get destroyed by Adam Gase for 2 years...

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not one of the choices, sir. Of course Rustle Welson would win over Sahm Dahnold and Maac Johns

Honestly, fuck your choices. it's like you're asking us whether we want our fingernails or toenails ripped out.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Honestly, fuck your choices. it's like you're asking us whether we want our fingernails or toenails ripped out.
Is that another Deshaun Watson fetish that just came out?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Since the Dalton signing I’ve done a complete 180 on Darnold. I don’t think he will make it in the league, BUT there has to be some chance of upside in a 24 year old QB who already had 3 years of NFL experience. Bring him in to compete with Dalton. Since we have no shot at QB in draft, get offensive line at #20 and see what Darnold can do.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Giving up anything for Darnold would be an unmitigated disaster.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Not when it won’t cost anything more than what we paid for Foles. It’s a 3rd/4th rd pick at best.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Draft a OL or WR in the first rounds in round 3 draft davis

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do posters always take these threads sideways? Given the 2 options, I take Jones.
In football, it's worse the devil you know.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question: are the people who think Darnold can be good, are y’all just closet Trubisexuals?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Give me the player that's not broken down garbage (yet).

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd go for Jones. 5 years on rookie contract , yeah!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jones is a no-brainer if you don't have to trade picks and can get him at 20 (you can't). Even if all else were equal, you take the guy with 5 years of control over the guy with 1-2 seasons of control and 3 bad seasons under his belt.

Serious question: are the people who think Darnold can be good, are y’all just closet Trubisexuals?

I don't think Darnold can be good, but I do have hope that he's not as terrible as he has been. And I think it's worth a shot given the alternatives, if you don't have to trade a 2021 pick for him. If you can keep all your 2021 early picks and build the rest of the team around him and/or Dalton, it's probably the best you can hope for.