Darnold was just traded by the Jets to Carolina PANTHERS team as reported by Ian Rapoport, looks like bears won't be going after him like some thought

and 69 others

Good for the Jets, that's a nice haul for sure.

Idk what Carolina is thinking, but that offense is stacked with talent, so might be worth the gamble to see what he can do on a much better team with a much better coach.

rawdawg

That's a lot to give up. I don't think it necessarily takes Carolina out of taking a QB at 8 if someone falls, but I don't see them trading up (division rival Atlanta at 4 anyway).

So, if youre keeping score. QBs for sure 1, 2, 3. Atlanta may or may not take a QB at 4 (leaning no QB). Cincy definitely not going QB, but may not want to trade away from their pick of OT1 or WR1. Leaves Denver, New England and the Bears as the teams definitely looking QB.

Also likely puts former kind of almost Bear, Teddy Bridgewater on the market.

and 69 others

That's a lot to give up. I don't think it necessarily takes Carolina out of taking a QB at 8 if someone falls, but I don't see them trading up (division rival Atlanta at 4 anyway).

So, if youre keeping score. QBs for sure 1, 2, 3. Atlanta may or may not take a QB at 4 (leaning no QB). Cincy definitely not going QB, but may not want to trade away from their pick of OT1 or WR1. Leaves Denver, New England and the Bears as the teams definitely looking QB.

Also likely puts former kind of almost Bear, Teddy Bridgewater on the market.

Detroit is in the running for one as well. Going to be an interesting draft.

rawdawg

Detroit is in the running for one as well. Going to be an interesting draft.

I think they restructured Goff so many think they aren't going QB. But yeah, they certainly could. I'd imagine they become the hottest spot in the draft if the Falcons keep their pick. I don't see Cincy or Miami (again) trading down.

Rise

Laughing at Bridgewater, could have been the Bears QB but didn’t want to compete. Now he is sol.