Darnold was just traded by the Jets to Carolina PANTHERS team as reported by Ian Rapoport, looks like bears won't be going after him like some thought

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jets are only getting a 6th this year, a 2nd and 4th the following year, I believe.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jets are only getting a 6th this year, a 2nd and 4th the following year, I believe.
Yeah im not sure why people are shocked at what was given up. A 6th is worth nothing. A 4th next year doesn't have a whole lot of trade value. 2nd was the only pick worth something in a trade

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
good. he's panthers problem now. hopefully good enough to keep the bears out of the hunt and also we can be clown free!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dalton is actually better than Darnold. Dalton only costs 10 million for one year if he doesn't pan out. Darnold for a 2, 4, and 6th, must show production this year, and Carolina might have to pick up his 5th year option for next year for 18 million.

I don't know but I think Darnold.d is damaged goods, thanks to Gase.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
There are still a lot of QB-hungry teams and not enough meat to go around.

Also, and I don't see anybody saying this, but this doesn't mean The Panthers won't draft a QB as well. It would be an A+ move for them to grab Darnold off the dung heap and grab a first rounder this year and let them play it out.

They have no reason to offer him 5th year option. They can let him walk or sign him cheap, so, though it seems risky, it isn't out of the question for Carolina to still draft a QB.

Having said that, I don't think they will.

Also, This doesn't mean that we have a chance at the top 5 QBs, but it is interesting to see one few options remaining.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are still a lot of QB-hungry teams and not enough meat to go around.

Also, and I don't see anybody saying this, but this doesn't mean The Panthers won't draft a QB as well. It would be an A+ move for them to grab Darnold off the dung heap and grab a first rounder this year and let them play it out.

They have no reason to offer him 5th year option. They can let him walk or sign him cheap, so, though it seems risky, it isn't out of the question for Carolina to still draft a QB.

Having said that, I don't think they will.

Also, This doesn't mean that we have a chance at the top 5 QBs, but it is interesting to see one few options remaining.
Carolina showed their hand. If they want to draft a Qb early this year, they must get rid of Bridgewater and his shitty contract. I think the Panthers are opting for a 3-4 rd project QB instead.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Carolina showed their hand. If they want to draft a Qb early this year, they must get rid of Bridgewater and his shitty contract. I think the Panthers are opting for a 3-4 rd project QB instead.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is then flashing that they’re “open for business” for their 1st round pick.

They’re hoping to fleece the fuck out of Pace and get a great qb next year with our pick

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
the bears will trade for bridgewater then trade up to draft a QB in rd1. Worked for TEs right?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I think about it, the more I think that this is then flashing that they’re “open for business” for their 1st round pick.

They’re hoping to fleece the fuck out of Pace and get a great qb next year with our pick
I think Carolina don't want Lance, Fields, nor Jones with #8 pick. Personally Lawrence and Fields were the only bust proof QBs. Also notice Carolina did the trade after Jones had 2 shitty Pro days.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yeah i'd much rather start Dalton for a $10M overpay than give up that much draft capital for Darnold. Best of luck to the guy, he has a lot of weapons in the CAR offense.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Can’t wait for Pace to trade the 2nd round pick for Bridgewater and the preseason super Check down QB battle of the century.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thank God the Bears didn't get him
Pace will keep his eyes on him. Four or 5 more below average years and he will be the washed up 30+ year old QB Pace covets.

Just looked and he is only 23. Maybe he can tear a ACL or two to make up for being only a failure at 28 to pique Pace's interest.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt he ever will be, but it will be funny if this dude has some kind of bounce back and becomes a top 10 QB in 2 yrs(do I feel he will be, hell no), but this thread will be gold and we will be bitching how the Bears coulda, woulda, should of......just our fucking luck lol