Davante Adams will be a Chicago Bear in 2023

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It won't be a rebuild, they just need a QB for that offense. J.Jacobs might leave but finding a RB isn't ever a big worry for any team.
Yep. But that roster has a lot of issues tho

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Are you all so certain that Carr is not actually injured and they are shutting him down do avoid long term health issues since there is nothing to play for?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The Raiders just gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for Adams last year. Then paid him.

So his trade value is down to a 3rd round pick 1 year later….no chance.

What the Raiders gave up has no impact on what they could receive for him 1 year later. Bears need OL more than a guy like Adams. Poles should inquire but no reason to move on more than a future 2nd or a 3rd this year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What the Raiders gave up has no impact on what they could receive for him 1 year later. Bears need OL more than a guy like Adams. Poles should inquire but no reason to move on more than a future 2nd or a 3rd this year.
I’m thinking you’re right in terms of value. If we were to take on his contract in its entirety, I’m thinking a 3rd or later. If we went lower, we might get them to throw in a pick to comp, but I’d rather go with just a 3rd — especially if we trade back and can pick up another.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m proposing a trade back with the Raiders where Davante would be part of the package. See my original post for clarity.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

With Adams’ BFF Carr on the outs in Las Vegas this offseason, Luke Getsy will connect with Adams and get him on board.

-Gets to play with the NFL’s most exciting QB
-Knows the offense inside and out like our guy EQ
-Gets to play Green Bay 2x a year

Framework of the deal - Bears trade #2 overall for #9, #38, and Davante Adams.

Josh McDaniels gets his new QB.

Like Phil Emery, I’m in the solutions business. You’re welcome.
So which QB is the most Tebow like in this draft?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Davante Adams will be catching passes from either Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers in Vegas next year.

Brady would be smart to go to McDaniel, not McDaniels. Miami with their WRs would be appealing. And Gronk would come back again.

The raiders have moved on from Carr (foolishly), so they'll need a QB. GB needs to move on from Rodgers before he just retires out of boredom. Trade would make sense for both teams. (But would not be great for us)

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah

"I grew up in East Palo Alto (California). I was a Raiders fan my whole life, so it is a dream to be a Raider, man," Adams said. "It's a dream come true. In the third-grade yearbook, I said I want to be an NFL star or an NBA star, and I was wearing a Charles Woodson jersey at the time. It's been documented forever, so I guess you could say it's meant to be."

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Davante Adams will be catching passes from either Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers in Vegas next year.

Brady would be smart to go to McDaniel, not McDaniels. Miami with their WRs would be appealing. And Gronk would come back again.

The raiders have moved on from Carr (foolishly), so they'll need a QB. GB needs to move on from Rodgers before he just retires out of boredom. Trade would make sense for both teams. (But would not be great for us)
Whys it foolish to move on from Carr? He's not very good. Certainly hasn't accomplished much of anything in his career

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I doubt Poles trades out of the 2-spot for a receiver. He already gave up a 2nd for one. Plus, Adams isn't worth that much.

We're not even sure that Ryan Poles values flashy big-name receivers at all.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m thinking you’re right in terms of value. If we were to take on his contract in its entirety, I’m thinking a 3rd or later. If we went lower, we might get them to throw in a pick to comp, but I’d rather go with just a 3rd — especially if we trade back and can pick up another.
You-aren't-getting-Adams-for-a-3rd-round-pick.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
what if the Raiders offered 2 first round picks and Davante Adams for Justin Fields. Would you do it??
is this serious?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
definately nothing special, but light years better than Pringle chips
Pringle took his job in KC. Hardeman’s failure to develop as a 2nd WR in that offense is reason enough to stay away. And Pringle is garbage as well.