Dave Toub, how would you like him for HC?

Mitchapalooza

Benjamin Allbright‏
@AllbrightNFL

Two teams with HC openings coming have #Chiefs ST coach Dave Toub at or near the top of their interview list.

Would you be mad? happy? meh?

Allbright confirmed it was IND/CHI as the two teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wanted him last time around.

This time, while I still think he can be good, I prefer an offensive minded guy to work with Trubisky.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is about time. He is a damn good coach and he will be able to attract some good coordinators. This kind of follows the Greg Gabriel news from earlier.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
His first choice would probably be with Ballard. The thing is there is no sure thing Luck will ever be the same again.

Aaron Leming‏Verified account
@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted Benjamin Allbright
#Bears have a lot of ties with Toub. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if they are one of those 2 teams. Indy also makes a ton of sense with the Ballard connection.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would be okay with it. I'd be interested in who he'd bring in for OC and QB coach. Nothing in his background makes me feel confident with his ability to develop Trubisky.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think Toub could be a good head coach, but for the Bears, now, I think it's just the wrong place/wrong time. They need a pure offensive mind for head coach to foster the development of Mitch, IMO.

This. Toub would have been great after Lovie. This team is a mess right now.

I’m more surprised that CHI has interest in him given how Pace has purged all the old players and coaches.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This. Toub would have been great after Lovie. This team is a mess right now.

I’m more surprised that CHI has interest in him given how Pace has purged all the old players and coaches.

He seems like he's definitely worth at least talking to. If he says he could bring in DeFilippo and keep Fangio as DC... that might be tough to turn down

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think Toub could be a good head coach, but for the Bears, now, I think it's just the wrong place/wrong time. They need a pure offensive mind for head coach to foster the development of Mitch, IMO.

Toub is well respected and he should be able to attract top coordinators. If Nagy does not get a head coaching job, it could be a Toub and Nagy duo.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
@AaronLemingNFL
21m21 minutes ago
More Aaron Leming Retweeted Benjamin Allbright
Will also say this- Toub could be a damn good HC but he’s a pretty straight forward guy (like Fangio). It’s also been said he’s well respected & connected. Could pay big when it comes to potential coordinators. Ben says #Bears 1 of those 2 teams.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I have no doubt he’ll be a good HC. And he might even be able to bring in Nagy or DeFilippo as OC. But what is the plan when they get a HC in 2019?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Toub is definitely not old fashioned. He’s an innovative coach, hopefully he can permeate that through his coordinators.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy will likely be in line for a HC position somewhere. He isn't coming here to be an assistant HC.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I could get behind a Dave Toub, Return of the Prodigal Son story.

But only with the right coordinators.

Tell me we are getting Dave Toub as a head coach, and a Gary Kubiak who said he no longer wants to be a head coach anymore, but wants to coach again as an offensive coordinator as our OC, and now we're talking.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His first choice would probably be with Ballard. The thing is there is no sure thing Luck will ever be the same again.

@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted Benjamin Allbright
#Bears have a lot of ties with Toub. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if they are one of those 2 teams. Indy also makes a ton of sense with the Ballard connection.

Another quality "nothingburger" from EHC.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Special Teams coaches have a ton of experience handling entire rosters and Toub has done it for multiple organizations already making a lot of connections and friends along the way. I have no doubts that he would be able to bring in competent coordinators. In reality head coaches are more leaders of men and team coordinators than anything else. Of course on game day other things come into play such as clock management, challenge usage, knowledge of the rules, knowing when to call the shots and when to let your coordinators do their job. Toub has always seemed, to me at least, to check off a lot of those boxes. I really wouldn't be opposed to him being the head coach. Particularly if he got himself some quality coordinators.

Remember, the guy was an offensive lineman. He's not exactly offensively inept.