DaveMont anyones notice this?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't understand how Montgomery gets big gains and then he gets taken out of the game immediately after. is Nagy that big of a jackoff with his need for big passing plays that he can't just adhere to what the fuck actually works? the weird irony is Montgomery probably gets larger gains running than they do passing.

you want to point out how Dalton had more yards than Murray, sure, he had 3x as many attempts however. if it's a windy and shitty weather day why wouldn't you run the ball more?

that said, at least there's depth at RB. the emotional reaction decision would be to extend Montgomery ... but they have Herbert and Williams already that are comparable in the very least. it would be a bad move to extend him, so I'm certain the Bears will do exactly that in the next couple months.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I like Monty, but if he is looking for a big pay day (he likely will) then you must move on.

We could place a transition tag on him, but at $8.9M (last year for RB), it might be better to just negotiate.

Heading into the year, the Ravens had strong depth and a up and coming starter. By the time they got to the second game of the season they needed Freeman and Murray to come off the street and play RB.....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't understand how Montgomery gets big gains and then he gets taken out of the game immediately after. is Nagy that big of a jackoff with his need for big passing plays that he can't just adhere to what the fuck actually works? the weird irony is Montgomery probably gets larger gains running than they do passing.

you want to point out how Dalton had more yards than Murray, sure, he had 3x as many attempts however. if it's a windy and shitty weather day why wouldn't you run the ball more?

that said, at least there's depth at RB. the emotional reaction decision would be to extend Montgomery ... but they have Herbert and Williams already that are comparable in the very least. it would be a bad move to extend him, so I'm certain the Bears will do exactly that in the next couple months.
You can't take the ball out of Daltons hands when he was moving the ball through the air so well (200 freaking yards man)!

mecha

Liked Posts:
You can't take the ball out of Daltons hands when he was moving the ball through the air so well (200 freaking yards man)!
honestly 200 yards is an upgrade. if anyone wants to rip on Fields only getting about 120 yards though, Russell Wilson used to do the same thing, and Lamar Jackson wasn't so great a couple years ago either.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
DM should get a 2nd contract, he keeps getting better. I know that RB’s are bad places to put really high cap numbers, but I think DM is in a sweet spot for him and the Bears. I don’t think he’d require a top level RB contract to keep. He’s better than average, improving, and entering his prime years. It won’t take a contract that strangles the bears to keep him. This is unlike Arob, who is below the top level WR’s, but believes he should get top level contract. Resign DM to a 5 yr deal, and the draft can make picks elsewhere.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like you can get him pretty easy for $12 million a year. That's what most of these running backs worth keeping are getting recently.

Would you pay Montgomery $12 million a year?

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Not $12m, but he is the only player producing yards for this offense...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Geez, I made a thread months ago praising this guy and how people were clueless in not seeing how good he was
Your thread has nothing to do with the current Montgomery, post injury, handfigjting, or anything timely. Not sure why I'd have to search through pages of old ass threads from before the season to bump yours when even YOU can't even link it.

Go away.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Your thread has nothing to do with the current Montgomery, post injury, handfigjting, or anything timely. Not sure why I'd have to search through pages of old ass threads from before the season to bump yours when even YOU can't even link it.

Go away.

tumblr_8bab971eab9ac6c0ecc50a8cc12e9ad2_a6a5fc8d_1280.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Go away.
I have no reason to link it. If you want to see it, search for it yourself.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Looks like you can get him pretty easy for $12 million a year. That's what most of these running backs worth keeping are getting recently.

Would you pay Montgomery $12 million a year?
Top 8 guys are $12+M, #9 is $8M. DM is a second tier RB, $8-9M should be the high end of what he should be offered, even that may be a stretch. Cohen on this list is laughable. Nice work Pace.

1639145188944.png

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m going to do that thing where I act as if I’m smarter than the front office. Here goes. The Bears front office appears kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff. I.e giving Cohen like 6 million a year. So they could easily overpay Monty. I sometimes think the Bears front office is doing business as if they think its 1980. “Gotta take care of your RB’s they’re the heart and soul of your team” That said, who is going to give Monty big FA money? Like 12 million a year. Who is doing that? I don’t see it. I think they can get Montgomery at like 9 million a year which makes it worth it. He is a little under the radar and he isn’t super flashy. I just don’t see him being a big priority in the off-season for teams. Especially if they know he’ll want around 12 a year. Because teams are off on RB’s anyway. And to think somebody is going to want to give a guy like Monty 12 a year when RB‘s are so devalued doesnt seem realistic to me. I really think this could work out for Chicago and if it doesn’t, oh well. Herbert looks good and they’ll draft some new kid or somebody will develop or something. If the bears have proven anything g it’s that they can draft MLB’s and running backs. If Monty leaves they’ll replace him. And with a guy who will probably cost a tenth of what Monty will demand.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Top 8 guys are $12+M, #9 is $8M. DM is a second tier RB, $8-9M should be the high end of what he should be offered, even that may be a stretch. Cohen on this list is laughable. Nice work Pace.

View attachment 15951
I keep forgetting about Cohen. What a dumb contract.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I’m going to do that thing where I act as if I’m smarter than the front office. Here goes. The Bears front office appears kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff. I.e giving Cohen like 6 million a year. So they could easily overpay Monty. I sometimes think the Bears front office is doing business as if they think its 1980. “Gotta take care of your RB’s they’re the heart and soul of your team” That said, who is going to give Monty big FA money? Like 12 million a year. Who is doing that? I don’t see it. I think they can get Montgomery at like 9 million a year which makes it worth it. He is a little under the radar and he isn’t super flashy. I just don’t see him being a big priority in the off-season for teams. Especially if they know he’ll want around 12 a year. Because teams are off on RB’s anyway. And to think somebody is going to want to give a guy like Monty 12 a year when RB‘s are so devalued doesnt seem realistic to me. I really think this could work out for Chicago and if it doesn’t, oh well. Herbert looks good and they’ll draft some new kid or somebody will develop or something. If the bears have proven anything g it’s that they can draft MLB’s and running backs. If Monty leaves they’ll replace him. And with a guy who will probably cost a tenth of what Monty will demand.
TLDR