David Montgomery… ‘s replacement

greg23

Liked Posts:
They shouldn't resign Montgomery; the offense needs speed and playmakers

That said; paying a RB big money on a 2nd contract usually doesn't work out well

Go find a cheaper/faster rb in fa or in middle rounds of the draft.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
With his injury history and his recent comments about not trying to reset the RB market, I’d guess his salary is somewhere between $12-14M/year.

I go back and forth on this one. He would be a massive upgrade to the offense, but his health is a big risk.
He also may just want out of Net York…

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It would be kinda odd of Poles to trade Roquan Smith citing the devalued position, and then go on to pay huge money to a RB in free agency.
He also overpaid for Leatherwood after saying what he did about discipline and the o-line. He does a lot of odd things

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

This could help patch the offense until a qb emerges
Really? You wanna pay an oft injured RB over12 mil per year even as RBs grow on trees and Bears have a QB who can do nothing but run?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How tf is anyone going to compare roquan smith to Barkley lmao.

Roquan has serious character concerns, wants to reset the market, doesn’t have an agent, is maybe a top 5 player at his position.

The other is saquon Barkley. He’s had injury concerns but is arguably the absolute best at his position. Isn’t asking for a market resetting contract. Isn’t fat and out of shape. Doesn’t lose his tablet at minicamp. Yeah. Seems like a guy for sure.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Normally I’d be against this move but given the lack of options at WR, I could see poles making a reasonable offer. Bears need weapons on offense and hard to argue what a JF/Barkley combo could do to defenses.

I’m not advocating for it but I also wouldn’t be upset about it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Barkley made some comment after Saturday that he isn't looking to set the market for free agency. He seems to understand his value based on the injuries, and the position. At least, that's what he says now. You need playmakers, whether that is him getting a handoff, or out of the backfield catching passes. I'd be all for Poles taking him on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Barkley made some comment after Saturday that he isn't looking to set the market for free agency. He seems to understand his value based on the injuries, and the position. At least, that's what he says now. You need playmakers, whether that is him getting a handoff, or out of the backfield catching passes. I'd be all for Poles taking him on.
Let's face it, the only reason why there's posters hating on this move is they're a bunch of bababeckies who are jealous of @JordanSigler having this platform.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Montgomery quite a bit and would be very happy if the Bear's re-signed him. I also think Barkley might be a wonderful leader for this team. I'd be happy with either of these guys.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you want to sign an RB, sign Kareem Hunt. Would probably come in at same price as Montgomery. He is better receiver and is faster than Monty.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Imagine having Barkley next to Fields. That would be the most dynamic running duo in the NFL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you want to sign an RB, sign Kareem Hunt. Would probably come in at same price as Montgomery. He is better receiver and is faster than Monty.
He would provide a nice “kick” to the offense