Liked Posts:
David Montgomery has surpassed Howard in yards from scrimmage 853 to 594

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sorry, I just disagree with so many people on this forum and 95% are trolls or actual retards. I see red when i come on here.

This seems healthy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was wrong on Montgomery. I think he’s actually a decent runner he can make a guy or two miss. Nagy did a disservice to the offense this year by not running enough.

Montgomery did not have a lot of opportunities. This year. It’s improving.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I bet you thought up pulling on a man's facemask to force someone's body to contort resulting in said fumble and never calling a penalty on the play and all night on obvious face masks throughout the game. Perfect example of how stupid you are and the how fucking shitty reffing was last night.

Ps we won the game.
I do not recall seeing as many uncalled face-mask penalties in any other game in my life as were missed in that game.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one has commented on his pass blocking or blitz pickups. I don't have much to say besides you never hear his number called when Trubisky takes a sack so he must be at least average there.

I thought Thursday was his best game and there were a few plays where he moved the chains despite not much blocking to set up the play.

I don't expect a lot more from a third round rookie.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to seeing what a full offseason of NFL training can do for him. He reminds me a lot of Leveon Bell his rookie year. I would like to see Montgomery slim down a bit and gain a little more explosion.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Monty reminds of a more elusive but slightly less powerful Duce Staley. Can be very productive in the short to mid level running game and passing game but has limited long game. A poor man's featured back.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
David Montgomery has surpassed Howard in yards from scrimmage 853 to 594
Seems like you are cherry picking a bit.

Montogmery - 192 carries, 680 yards (3.5 ypc, 52.3 ypg), 5 TDs, 33 targets, 23 receptions (69.7% catch rate), 173 yards (13.3 ypg), 1 TD

Howard - 119 carries, 525 yards (4.4 ypc, 58.3 ypg), 6 TDs, 14 targets, 10 receptions (71,4% catch rate), 69 yards (7.7 ypg), 1 TD

I guess if you are ignoring efficiency or time on the field, then sure, Montgomery has a higher number in that category.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Monty reminds of a more elusive but slightly less powerful Duce Staley. Can be very productive in the short to mid level running game and passing game but has limited long game. A poor man's featured back.
I really like this comparison. Duce was awesome and a lot of fun to cheer for. Here's his old highlight reel:

I would make the argument that Monty is better at breaking tackles. Duce was no slouch there, but Monty seems like a poor mans Marshawn Lynch in that department.

jive

Liked Posts:
Those comparisons to Barkley, Elliot, etc. are ridiculous. Sure, Montgomery doesn't have a good O-line, but there have been some great RBs that have managed to play well, even without great blocking. That is one of the things that makes them elite. Barry Sanders broke records with a crappy O-line, and often made his first move in the backfield. Sweetness didn't get a good offensive line until later in his career, and had some stellar seasons on losing teams with awful O-lines. Montgomery hasn't shown he can overcome the faults of his blockers, and that's the fate of most average NFL RBs. At this point, he hasn't shown that elite ability.

As far as comparisons, I think of his ceiling as being guys like Curtis Martin or Ricky Watters. Two well rounded and versatile guys that can carry the load, and contribute in the passing game. He would need to be able to last in order to do that. He runs well for the limited athleticism he does have, and if he's durable, he could have a decent career. But, if not, he'll just be another average running back that puts together a couple of decent seasons. Those guys happen all the time.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like you are cherry picking a bit.

Montogmery - 192 carries, 680 yards (3.5 ypc, 52.3 ypg), 5 TDs, 33 targets, 23 receptions (69.7% catch rate), 173 yards (13.3 ypg), 1 TD

Howard - 119 carries, 525 yards (4.4 ypc, 58.3 ypg), 6 TDs, 14 targets, 10 receptions (71,4% catch rate), 69 yards (7.7 ypg), 1 TD

I guess if you are ignoring efficiency or time on the field, then sure, Montgomery has a higher number in that category.

Not cherry picking.....he has more total yards simple.

Also tell us again how Eagles would win out lol jk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Those comparisons to Barkley, Elliot, etc. are ridiculous. Sure, Montgomery doesn't have a good O-line, but there have been some great RBs that have managed to play well, even without great blocking. That is one of the things that makes them elite. Barry Sanders broke records with a crappy O-line, and often made his first move in the backfield. Sweetness didn't get a good offensive line until later in his career, and had some stellar seasons on losing teams with awful O-lines. Montgomery hasn't shown he can overcome the faults of his blockers, and that's the fate of most average NFL RBs. At this point, he hasn't shown that elite ability.

The problem with this, is the same problem I have when talking about any position. You're talking about generational talents. The same thing when people shit on Trubisky when he has no oline, no running game, a shit playcaller, etc. Or with any player in any bad situation.

You can wish that these players are generational talents that can excel and win with shit all around them, or you can not suck, and surround your talent with other talent and not expect one or two guys to carry the entire load of a football team on their back.

ERCON

Liked Posts:
I looked at that graphic and my first thought was absolutely ridiculous. Then I checked nfl.com and realized he's ranked above three of his comparisons. I know Sequon missed significant time so it's not a fair comparison... but Michel and Bell...

Montgomery 192 att/ 680 yds/ 3.5 avg/ 5 TD

Michel 189 att/ 653 yds/ 3.5 avg/ 6 TD

Bell 183 att/ 589 yds/ 3.2 avg/ 3 TD

Based on this year alone - I'll take Montgomery out of the three. Sequon over all though. He's just a freak.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I looked at that graphic and my first thought was absolutely ridiculous. Then I checked nfl.com and realized he's ranked above three of his comparisons. I know Sequon missed significant time so it's not a fair comparison... but Michel and Bell...

Montgomery 192 att/ 680 yds/ 3.5 avg/ 5 TD

Michel 189 att/ 653 yds/ 3.5 avg/ 6 TD

Bell 183 att/ 589 yds/ 3.2 avg/ 3 TD

Based on this year alone - I'll take Montgomery out of the three. Sequon over all though. He's just a freak.
Must be the Barkley in him boosting his ypc hehe

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Probably wishes he played for a HC that understands you need to run to set up the pass.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Montgomery is a lot like Jordan Howard, just not as good.

I think his game has improved with the improvement of Trubisky. It should be the other way around though.