David Montgomery leads the league in broken tackles so far with 8. Khalil Herbet is is 4th.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Monty needs at least 20 carries minimum. Maybe 50…and no, absolutely not because I have him in fantasy. Get this man 70 touches per game

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What does a Monty contract extension look like?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
6-7 million per year is what I am thinking.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite was not a broken tackle but the juke on Darnell Savage, as Montgomery used to struggle with making that last defender miss…

EnchantingWaterloggedCaudata-size_restricted.gif

mecha

Liked Posts:
that's the Montgomery I expected him to be lol I was very amped when he was drafted. do you extend a RB in contemporary times though?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
that's the Montgomery I expected him to be lol I was very amped when he was drafted. do you extend a RB in contemporary times though?
I wouldn't sign any running back to a deal longer than 3 years with that 3rd year being an easy 'out' year. It's too easy of a position to find a quality back and running backs can fall off a cliff season to season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't sign any running back to a deal longer than 3 years with that 3rd year being an easy 'out' year. It's too easy of a position to find a quality back and running backs can fall off a cliff season to season.
yeah, that's where I'm at. about 12 years ago when Forte was due for a new deal it made sense, he functionally doubled as a receiver. Bears haven't had a RB that versatile since he was with the team. RBs can be found later in the draft too. Bears have had backups that are on par with the starters since Fox/Pace. Montgomery seems kind of hit or miss too, will have games where he's slow and a non-factor and others where he's a savage. he was supposed to be a pass catching RB, they never utilize him that way.