David Montgomery

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Didn’t know Nagy was back to calling plays

I’ve been hard on Montgomery and he’s proved me wrong the last few weeks. Maybe he has turned a corner. I think they actually use him differently with Trubisky. But tbh other than the one he broke he didn’t really do much. They gave him 9 or 10 carries after that and he did nothing. And I dont get the constant hate for Patterson. He runs harder than Montgomery and turns negative plays into positive ones. He made some nice runs today. And then people complain when he makes a nice run. What do you want? Montgomery had that nice run to start the game and I’m not just dismissing that, but as a whole Patterson ran just as well if not better. Idk.

I forgot. There was another nice play Montgomery made where he turned a 4-5 yard loss into a small gain. Broke like 2-3 tackles. I just don’t get the complaining. They didn’t run a ton of plays. They would run the ball and lose yardage on first down a lot. They were being put in passing situations because Montgomery was sometimes not really doing much on first. I’m not blaming him for that. It’s just the circumstance they were in. I wasn’t watching that game freaking out because they weren’t running more. It was fine.

Last edited:

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
He’s the RB you ride for a few years and don’t resign. Honestly I prefer a slightly faster RB - doesn’t have to be a burner but when the gaps in the D Are wide open enough for these 50 yard runs it would be nice to see them taken all the way

so Tarik Cohen? We have that at home dear

ImSure

Liked Posts:
anybody want to figure out Montgomery's longest running plays this year (under Nagy versus now).

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Didn’t know Nagy was back to calling plays

I’ve been hard on Montgomery and he’s proved me wrong the last few weeks. Maybe he has turned a corner. I think they actually use him differently with Trubisky. But tbh other than the one he broke he didn’t really do much. They gave him 9 or 10 carries after that and he did nothing. And I dont get the constant hate for Patterson. He runs harder than Montgomery and turns negative plays into positive ones. He made some nice runs today. And then people complain when he makes a nice run. What do you want? Montgomery had that nice run to start the game and I’m not just dismissing that, but as a whole Patterson ran just as well if not better. Idk.

I forgot. There was another nice play Montgomery made where he turned a 4-5 yard loss into a small gain. Broke like 2-3 tackles. I just don’t get the complaining. They didn’t run a ton of plays. They would run the ball and lose yardage on first down a lot. They were being put in passing situations because Montgomery was sometimes not really doing much on first. I’m not blaming him for that. It’s just the circumstance they were in. I wasn’t watching that game freaking out because they weren’t running more. It was fine.

Other than the 80 yarder, he "didn't do much"?
He averaged 14.8 yards per touch, by far the most best offensive player on the team.
Granted not much on this mutt squad, but he's the best we have.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
This coach is crazy. He balls out in the first half and then you rarely play him in the second half?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Other than the 80 yarder, he "didn't do much"?
He averaged 14.8 yards per touch, by far the most best offensive player on the team.
Granted not much on this mutt squad, but he's the best we have.

yeah. I thought I did I pretty good job of specifying that I’m not just dismissing the run. But outside of it he didn’t do much. You can see the numbers. He had 33 yards on his other 10 carries. That’s 3.3 ypc. It’s not good. they tried to give him more touches, but he wasn’t doing much on first down and they were sort of forced into throwing it because they were behind the sticks. Patterson was playing well so I don’t mind him getting some carries too. He played well.

why do you take what I said out of context? It’s not that complicated. People were complaining that Montgomery didn’t get enough touches. I don’t really agree. They gave him the ball. He had a nice run. Outside of that he didn’t produce a ton. I’m sorry those facts bother you. most the people complaining are just mouth breathers probably looking at a stat sheet anyway. He maybe could have gotten 4-6 more carries. The Bears just didn’t have a ton of offensive plays. It was fine. The people complaining are being ridiculous.

and not to be too nit picky but he didn’t average 14.8 yards per touch. it was 11.1.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just to show you how awful the design/concept/leadership of the BHVWGHC is

Entire game was played with a lead
Entire 2nd half was played with a 20+ point lead

We call

19 runs
40 passes (all 4 of mitch runs were passed turned into pressure/scrambles + 3 sacks)

Think he called only 12 ish runs in the entire 2nd half

WTF

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

We call

19 runs
40 passes (all 4 of mitch runs were passed turned into pressure/scrambles + 3 sacks)

WTF
Normally I would agree, but I didn’t have much of a problem with that today. Mitch had a nice rhythm and I’m assuming the coaches wanted to keep their foot on the gas.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
They got most of that lead throwing the ball. What are you complaining about? Here is the reality. Montgomery broke that run first play of the game, but outside of that the running game wasn’t really that effective. And when it was it was usually Patterson running the ball. They were throwing all over Houston. They were actually kind of killing drives with early runs getting stuffed and Houston was sort of just giving them easy dump offs for nice gains. Houston was actually killing the clock with all their running and reducing the amount of plays Chicago ran. The game just played out that way. There really wasn’t a ton of room for getting Montgomery all these extra touches.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
They got most of that lead throwing the ball. What are you complaining about? Here is the reality. Montgomery broke that run first play of the game, but outside of that the running game wasn’t really that effective. And when it was it was usually Patterson running the ball. They were throwing all over Houston. They were actually kind of killing drives with early runs getting stuffed and Houston was sort of just giving them easy dump offs for nice gains. Houston was actually killing the clock with all their running and reducing the amount of plays Chicago ran. The game just played out that way. There really wasn’t a ton of room for getting Montgomery all these extra touches.

Monty led the team in total yards by far, recieved the offensive game ball per his peers. I'll take their assessment over yours.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Monty led the team in total yards by far, recieved the offensive game ball per his peers. I'll take their assessment over yours.
I think the point he was making is that outside that first play, the pass game was effective and in rhythm. In fact, Monty did a lot of damage on short dump off passes because HOU was just giving those up all game.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

what are you even talking about? My assessment? I’m just telling you what happened. Did you even watch the game? Him getting the game ball changes how the game played out? Ok? Everything I said is backed up by facts. I don’t even know why you’re mad. because I pointed out that outside of that run he wasn’t really effective? I’m not dismissing the run, but the fact is it’s one play out of like 70. It’s 8 seconds of a 60 minute game. A lot of other stuff happened outside of that one play. Why that bothers you I have no clue.

Did you go to Iowa St? I’ve noticed you and this other dude named wazzuppi are like the co-presidents of the David Montgomery fan club. I’m happy he’s playing well. and I hope he’s turned a corner and figured it out. But lol at defending that dudes first 1.5 years here and acting like everyone else should just dismiss it because he has played well lately. Any RB is going to occasionally put up big games if they get enough chances. People do this stupid thing where they’ll defend a guy who isn’t good. Then he’ll play good 1 game out of 10 and they think that proves they were right. As if we’re just supposed to dismiss the 90% of the time they were mediocre. It’s like yeah, if you give a guy 50 chances he’ll occasionally do something. It’s about being consistently good though. Not doing something 3 games and being average the other 13 and thinking you’ve proved the haters wrong. I’ll happily eat crow on Montgomery. I’ll happily eat crow on any bears player I’ve doubted. But no, 4 or 5 good games out of 10 doesn’t make me sold on David Montgomery. Sorry.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He only had 10 more carries, 4 coming in run first clock bleeding. Fuck Nagy!
I thought there was no reason to use him after the Beara got up.

We call

19 runs

WTF
Wtf is BHVWGHC?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah. I thought I did I pretty good job of specifying that I’m not just dismissing the run. But outside of it he didn’t do much. You can see the numbers. He had 33 yards on his other 10 carries. That’s 3.3 ypc. It’s not good. they tried to give him more touches, but he wasn’t doing much on first down and they were sort of forced into throwing it because they were behind the sticks. Patterson was playing well so I don’t mind him getting some carries too. He played well.

why do you take what I said out of context? It’s not that complicated. People were complaining that Montgomery didn’t get enough touches. I don’t really agree. They gave him the ball. He had a nice run. Outside of that he didn’t produce a ton. I’m sorry those facts bother you. most the people complaining are just mouth breathers probably looking at a stat sheet anyway. He maybe could have gotten 4-6 more carries. The Bears just didn’t have a ton of offensive plays. It was fine. The people complaining are being ridiculous.

and not to be too nit picky but he didn’t average 14.8 yards per touch. it was 11.1.
How do you think every RB increases their YPC? By breaking one now and then. Discounting big plays is the opposite of how you should critique them, especially those that aren't just home run hitters and move the chains. He's done a very good job behind this line this year, especially for when Foles was playing and the o was a stationary target. If you wanted to say that he hasn't had enough big plays it would be a better argument than you're making now but to discount the OL play and simply look at his YPC is just silly.

He's obviously fast enough and has finally stopped making extra moves trying to find or waiting for holes that aren't there. He was drafted to do that but has now figured out he just needs to hit it more often and go from there because he's getting contact anyway. When he gets a hole, it's usually close to a 1st down. He averages 2.4 Yards after contact while needing to run sideways most of the year. The RBs ahead of him are already heading north though less congestion when getting that contact. Henry always is near the top of that list but how often does he get YAC if he hasn't yet gone vertical,.

Last edited:

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:

We call

19 runs

WTF
Good lord........I nominate this as the dumbest post of the decade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why?
Good lord........I nominate this as the dumbest post of the decade.
Why? It worked out but why not try to run clock with that lead? You can still do that and be aggressive while slowing a rush.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Why?

Why? It worked out but why not try to run clock with that lead? You can still do that and be aggressive while slowing a rush.
Because when good teams build a lead they keep building it. They do not go into a shell. First downs keep the clock moving in the second half. Does not matter how you get them. If you want to run, run, pass and then punt for two quarters then be my guest. Watch a lead evaporate. No matter what they won 36-7, finding fault in the play calling......I guess....