Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because when good teams build a lead they keep building it. They do not go into a shell. First downs keep the clock moving in the second half. Does not matter how you get them. If you want to run, run, pass and then punt for two quarters then be my guest. Watch a lead evaporate. No matter what they won 36-7, finding fault in the play calling......I guess....
Running doesn't prevent that or did you forget how we got that lead? You can stay aggressive and still mix in more runs to shorten the game. Evaluation is allowed in any game and I think the comment was in relation to the rest of the year or did you forget how we lost the last game that we should have won?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I happen to think Montgomery is a really good nfl caliber back but even yesterday he was underutilized.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Whether you think Montgomery is good enough for the bears as a stand alone RB, part of a rotation/by committee type guy or just flat out sucks, the fact Pace moved up/traded away picks to get him only for the coaching staff to stunt/misuse him is such an indictment of how poor they have been the last two seasons.

The fact it's been a horror show on the O on and off since the kick off last season, Montgomery has managed back to back 1,000 scrimmage yards shows his determination to compete.

Shame folk don't rate him but he's been a bright spot on a poorly created O (imo)
I think he'd basically be Kareem Hunt 2.0 for the most part if the offense was functional around him. Not the best back in the league but definitely one of the better ones. With him, Kmet coming on a little bit and Mooney looking good from the jump, the new GM/coach will have a few weapons to work with.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
How do you think every RB increases their YPC? By breaking one now and then. Discounting big plays is the opposite of how you should critique them, especially those that aren't just home run hitters and move the chains. He's done a very good job behind this line this year, especially for when Foles was playing and the o was a stationary target. If you wanted to say that he hasn't had enough big plays it would be a better argument than you're making now but to discount the OL play and simply look at his YPC is just silly.

He's obviously fast enough and has finally stopped making extra moves trying to find or waiting for holes that aren't there. He was drafted to do that but has now figured out he just needs to hit it more often and go from there because he's getting contact anyway. When he gets a hole, it's usually close to a 1st down. He averages 2.4 Yards after contact while needing to run sideways most of the year. The RBs ahead of him are already heading north though less congestion when getting that contact. Henry always is near the top of that list but how often does he get YAC if he hasn't yet gone vertical,.

I didn’t discount the OL. I said his ineffectiveness after that run wasn’t necessarily his fault. It’s just a fact though. After that run they weren’t effective with him running the ball. They gave him thr ball on a handful of first downs after that and they didn’t do anything on any of them. And then they’d be in like 2nd and 9. Houston couldn’t stop them from throwing. They were just giving them 6-8 yards every time on dump offs. Montgomery had good numbers receiving because of this.

I just dont see why anybody who watched the game would complain about Montgomery’s touches. It’s like they just looked at a stat sheet and made their determination based off that. I feel like, I’ve already explained myself twice. (Which doesn’t really matter because the next person will just ignore my words. Like you did. Twice. Or take what I said out of context.) so whatever.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Out of context? What? They ran him 10 more times in the next 50 minutes. I don't think anyone was complaining about that game in general. The poster that you objected to was pointing out a continuing problem with this O and this team's clock management which did not cease to exist in this game. Things went our way this time but 1 game's result doesn't justify the year long issue of run abandonment and clock management. The post in question was obviously pointing to the yearly trend and not this game in a vacuum..

Last edited:

Bolek

Liked Posts:
he is not lightning fast, but obviously proved to everyone yesterday, that he has what it takes to take it to the house. I like him, wish he got more touches than 11 per game

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Nagy is a arena league play caller. It makes no sense how he utilize his players
Couldn’t agree with you more, but the play calling in this game was by far light years ahead of anything we’ve seen. The O isn’t perfect, but I think the pieces we do have are now being used more efficiently.

Don’t underestimate the impact Lazor’s plays may be having.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Couldn’t agree with you more, but the play calling in this game was by far light years ahead of anything we’ve seen. The O isn’t perfect, but I think the pieces we do have are now being used more efficiently.

Don’t underestimate the impact Lazor’s plays may be having.
Lazor needs to get Patterson out of the back field.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Running doesn't prevent that or did you forget how we got that lead? You can stay aggressive and still mix in more runs to shorten the game. Evaluation is allowed in any game and I think the comment was in relation to the rest of the year or did you forget how we lost the last game that we should have won?
My comment is they are able to move the ball through the air which allows them to run. They had two drives in the second half that ended in FG's. Nice mix of run and pass. The Texans held the ball a lot in the second. I'm sorry, I'm not a big Nagy fan but this game was run perfectly. If you can see another point then more power to you.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
btw... did anyone catch that nasty stiff arm Monty gave to Tyrell Adams on his 12yd run in the 2nd qtr? Right around the 5:53 mark.
I can’t remember if it was brought up in the game day thread.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My comment is they are able to move the ball through the air which allows them to run. They had two drives in the second half that ended in FG's. Nice mix of run and pass. The Texans held the ball a lot in the second. I'm sorry, I'm not a big Nagy fan but this game was run perfectly. If you can see another point then more power to you.
It was fine but 6 points in the second 1/2 isn't really keeping your foot on the peddle as was described earlier.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Their last drive before the half. On the first play with like 1:40 left they did a little quick out or something like that. I can’t remember. But the defender jumped the route or was just in really good position and almost intercepted it for an easy pick 6. That’s the play I remember most almost coming back to bite them in the ass. That honestly might have changed the momentum of the game. It felt like a down you have to run on. That was really the only time I recall whining during the game about that sort of stuff. IDK. Yeah, they could have found Montgomery a few more carries in the second half. The half just kind of played out weird though. Houston held the ball a lot it felt like.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
he is not lightning fast, but obviously proved to everyone yesterday, that he has what it takes to take it to the house. I like him, wish he got more touches than 11 per game

Yep. I still don't love him, but he's far from being a problem for this dumpster fire team. Seems like a good dude too.

I'll stop complaining about him.