David Montgomery

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
I guess he didn't take it to the house on that 80 yard run... shucks bears lost too, right ? 36-7 ?
He would have gotten caught if it weren't for that AR block. I take Bear's games week by week - no expectations. But yeah we suck.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Still slow...he doesn't have that 5th gear to take it to the house.
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.
Monty's 80 yarder was the longest run from scrimmage for the Bears in the last 32 years.
That's the longest run in over 500 games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I give up
Out of 5 2nd 1/2 drives, Bears had 2, 3 and outs and one 5 play drive netting -3 yards after recovering a fumbled Texans punt. Mitch took a sack that put us out of FG range on that one. Tex still owned the 2nd 1/2 TOP, even with losing one possession to the punt turnover and us getting the the ball to start the 1/2. We gained 91 fricking yards, scored 6 points and lost TOP in the second 1/2 while supposedly keeping our foot on the gas. It's representative of this team in general and how they don't actually have a plan nor good game management. Decide what you want to do and accomplish that.

It worked out but those are not the #s you want to see going into the 2nd 1/2 with a lead. You are either scoring points to lengthen that lead or running clock and we did neither.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Out of 5 2nd 1/2 drives, Bears had 2, 3 and outs and one 5 play drive netting -3 yards after recovering a fumbled Texans punt. Mitch took a sack that put us out of FG range on that one. Tex still owned the 2nd 1/2 TOP, even with losing one possession to the punt turnover and us getting the the ball to start the 1/2. We gained 91 fricking yards, scored 6 points and lost TOP in the second 1/2 while supposedly keeping our foot on the gas. It's representative of this team in general and how they don't actually have a plan nor good game management. Decide what you want to do and accomplish that.

It worked out but those are not the #s you want to see going into the 2nd 1/2 with a lead. You are either scoring points to lengthen that lead or running clock and we did neither.
Yeah, but the first drive was 7 plays for 56 yards and a FG, followed by a 17 play scoreless drive by HOU. The Bears were up 33-7 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter after only 1 drive for each team. To keep your foot on the pedal at that point would have been Dan Quinn vs the Bears stupid. Going run/conservative pass at that point, resulting in the 2 3and outs and the -3 yard drive, was the right call, albeit boring, until HOU put any points on the board. They never did.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but the first drive was 7 plays for 56 yards and a FG, followed by a 17 play scoreless drive by HOU. The Bears were up 33-7 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter after only 1 drive for each team. To keep your foot on the pedal at that point would have been Dan Quinn vs the Bears stupid. Going run/conservative pass at that point, resulting in the 2 3and outs and the -3 yard drive, was the right call, albeit boring, until HOU put any points on the board. They never did.
I get it but then why pass on 3rd down and take an 11 yard sack with potential for INT or sack fumble instead of just crashing the line and kicking the FG? Like I said, it worked out and was actually difficult to fuckup at that point but the team has consistently shown an inability to manage games. Lots of good reasons including injury to shorten a game like that and not let your QB with a bad throwing shoulder take shots. I get that it's football and it was a no lose situation but you can still be consistent and smart.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I get it but then why pass on 3rd down and take an 11 yard sack with potential for INT or sack fumble instead of just crashing the line and kicking the FG? Like I said, it worked out and was actually difficult to fuckup at that point but the team has consistently shown an inability to manage games. Lots of good reasons including injury to shorten a game like that and not let your QB with a bad throwing shoulder take shots. I get that it's football and it was a no lose situation but you can still be consistent and smart.
Baby steps. They have gone from whatever the fuck you call Nagy's playcalling to Lazor's, it's not spectacular, but at least I didn't throw a shoe at my TV playcalling. This next week will be show if he and Trubisky have a bit of gravitas or if they are bumslayer posers.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Look at that one drive in the 4th. Low % pass called after low % pass and zero handoffs to 32.

30 seconds ran off the clock from that one drive.

That literally is Dan Quinn vs. the Bears stupid. Nagy did achieve that. He cannot kill clock and he is absolute shit with a lead - come to think of it, he is shit from behind and shit when tied too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Look at that one drive in the 4th. Low % pass called after low % pass and zero handoffs to 32.

30 seconds ran off the clock from that one drive.

That literally is Dan Quinn vs. the Bears stupid. Nagy did achieve that. He cannot kill clock and he is absolute shit with a lead - come to think of it, he is shit from behind and shit when tied too.
Nagy is complete shit, but he has nothing to do with playcalling now, so not sure who you are pissed about. I sort of mentally tune out when it is33-7 with 17 minutes left. I don't care what they want to call, maybe they are working on things, maybe they want to get a look at certain plays, this offense needs a lot of work, so get it when you can. If HOU ever began to threaten I would have expected a different set of plays called.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is complete shit, but he has nothing to do with playcalling now, so not sure who you are pissed about. I sort of mentally tune out when it is33-7 with 17 minutes left. I don't care what they want to call, maybe they are working on things, maybe they want to get a look at certain plays, this offense needs a lot of work, so get it when you can. If HOU ever began to threaten I would have expected a different set of plays called.

LOL

Nagy. I am pissed at Nagy. I refuse to buy into the "Lazor is calling plays" deflection bullshit. 11 carries for 32 vs. the Texans is so fucking Nagy, I cannot imagine how anyone would think otherwise, but hopefully that clears it up here.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL

Nagy. I am pissed at Nagy. I refuse to buy into the "Lazor is calling plays" deflection bullshit. 11 carries for 32 vs. the Texans is so fucking Nagy, I cannot imagine how anyone would think otherwise, but hopefully that clears it up here.
You actually think Nagy would be capable of calling that first half? The DOG or timeouts to call a play after a punt, 19 bubble screens a game, 3 converging WR's, not having Trubisky rolling the pocket frequently. Those are all Nagy trademarks currently missing in the playcalling.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You actually think Nagy would be capable of calling that first half? Have you not seen the last 1 1/2 of his playcalling?

You don't get this. Lazor is calling plays but Nagy is designing gameplans and philosophy of calls .

And yeah, Mitch is back. When Nagy doesn't trust Mitch, he simplifies it like he did all 2018. That is how he fooled everyone into thinking he is good. Couple that with a bad Texans D and Mitch has one of his top 5 games - maybe best ever outside of the TB game in 18.

The SECOND Nagy talks himself into saying Mitch can handle his bullshit "2.0" offense is when we go back to absolute pandemonium on offense including OL going out of position and not reading basic D moves on the fundamental level.

At any rate, @Bearly is absolutely correct in his second half breakdown of the fact that if it was a better team than HOU, we would have seen a second half comeback just like that fucking DET game the week before.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You actually think Nagy would be capable of calling that first half? The DOG or timeouts to call a play after a punt, 19 bubble screens a game, 3 converging WR's, not having Trubisky rolling the pocket frequently. Those are all Nagy trademarks currently missing in the playcalling.

Oh you added.

Yes to all of that because Lazor is playcalling

but currently still in there are the mysteriously limited touches for 32 and the emphasis on passing including low % passes when up late in the game to the point of ignoring the run game (!)

that tells us Nagy is still directing the gameplan and philosophy hence my frustration that Nagy set the Bears up for another shit end of a comeback if the Texans were just about anyone else.

So Nagy. I am pissed at Nagy. And @Bearly had great points that I agree with wholeheartedly.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
That second half look a lot like Nagy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hard to say, I personally don't know what Nagys playcalling would look like after getting a 33-7 lead at halftime.

He probably thinks he should play the lottery being that lucky

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Why can't he do this all the time?
I feel like he only play hard when the games don't matter any longer and he just wants to pad his stats. I am not impressed. Does anyone else feel like he loafed for 65%of the season?