David Njoku demands trade out of Cleveland

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sorry I misread your post but it still doesn't make sense. Not a good idea to trade for a player that has had locker room issues in college and in the NFL and has a history of underproducing with 1st rd pay.
Right but for me it’s all about value. Let’s say we took a WR or OL at 43, because we had just signed Graham and Harris TE there was no need to triple down on TEs this offseason unless he was BPA and I don’t think Kmet was, we could have just waited to see if there anything came available. And I say we could have waited because again, Graham and Harris were just signed so we didn’t need to go bring in another TE. Now Njoku is available for cheap and with a lower round pick he is better value than Kmet at 43. Especially had we taken a different offensive weapon at 43. If Njoku doesn’t work out, fine, we only hypothetically sent Cleveland a low round pick. Now if Kmet doesn’t work that’s a different story.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Right but for me it’s all about value. Let’s say we took a WR or OL at 43, because we had just signed Graham and Harris TE there was no need to triple down on TEs this offseason unless he was BPA and I don’t think Kmet was, we could have just waited to see if there anything came available. And I say we could have waited because again, Graham and Harris were just signed so we didn’t need to go bring in another TE. Now Njoku is available for cheap and with a lower round pick he is better value than Kmet at 43. Especially had we taken a different offensive weapon at 43. If Njoku doesn’t work out, fine, we only hypothetically sent Cleveland a low round pick. Now if Kmet doesn’t work that’s a different story.

Unfortunately, Njoku wasn't available then. Which makes this a moot point.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Chicago Bears already have 11 tight ends, two of which they splurged in FA and the draft to obtain. this guy isn't happening.

that just means this will be 20 pages in about a week.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Unfortunately, Njoku wasn't available then. Which makes this a moot point.
Not really. Pace could have just been content with his investment in Graham and Harris. Panicking and trying too hard to fill a hole is one of the worst things a GM can do, and he does it a ton.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet is gonna be money fellas heard it here first. Idgaf about no cleveland scrub... we dont want no scrubs

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not really. Pace could have just been content with his investment in Graham and Harris. Panicking and trying too hard to fill a hole is one of the worst things a GM can do, and he does it a ton.

He didn't panic. He didn't trade up and took one of the best players left on the board.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kmet is gonna be money fellas heard it here first. Idgaf about no cleveland scrub... we dont want no scrubs

Kmet is another Witten

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He didn't panic. He didn't trade up and took one of the best players left on the board.
Debatable at best. I think there were many players still available that could have had a more significant and immediate impact than Kmet

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Debatable at best. I think there were many players still available that could have had a more significant and immediate impact than Kmet

Well one thing is for sure, we won't know that answer definitively for quite some time.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree the te position is key for this offense. And kmet with graham too learn from is a far cry from what we saw last season

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I disagree the te position is key for this offense. And kmet with graham too learn from is a far cry from what we saw last season
How so? Most rookie TEs don’t produce much of anything due to the steep learning curve of the position.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Njoku was a hot commodity coming out of college, but has he really earned a big contract and "demand a trade" status?

639 yards and 4 TDs is his best season......... While that would have been great for the Bears last year, that is not a very high bar to measure up to... BLUF he is not a superstar that would make me pass up on the entire off season to get him.....

Kmet might be another bad pick, but he was considered the best TE in the draft by many, and he has not set foot on a field.