Davis Mills QB - Stanford

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guy barely has enough to make 5 min worth of tape.

Wasting a 2-3 rounder on this guy is something bears can’t afford.

Buuuuut 2017 HS #1 pro style qb dho oh yaaaa

Just admit you know nothing about him and move on. You keep latching on to the HS thing so that tells me you can't effectively argue your case.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mills is interesting, but the 2nd seems crazy early. Is he really going with Trask and Mond?

Trask and Mond have gotten more attention because they've played more. But as far as skillset yeah he's in that group. You never really know with QB's. He's just a guy that's not a first round pick that the Bears should certainly look into.

Liked Posts:
Just admit you know nothing about him and move on. You keep latching on to the HS thing so that tells me you can't effectively argue your case.
Ok I’ll be very honest. I’ve spent over 40 hrs watching tape on this kid. Interviewed a couple of his coaches and teammates as well, Lastly, I’m planning on writing his autobiography shortly.

With all that said, my conclusion is that this kids sucks ass.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dont know anything about him. Would rather have Dustin Crum, who i also know nothing about but i like his last name because i love Salacious B. Crumb.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok I’ll be very honest. I’ve spent over 40 hrs watching tape on this kid. Interviewed a couple of his coaches and teammates as well, Lastly, I’m planning on writing his autobiography shortly.

With all that said, my conclusion is that this kids sucks ass.
You know who sucked ass in college, Tom "the GOAT" Brady. If the Bears don't get either Fields or Jones, then I don't mind Mills as a 2nd if the Bears trade down to get an extra 3rd. Bears need a WR and CB in 3rd because Pace sucks ass. Obviously Bears will draft T in 1st. Dalton is actually a QB to learn from, like Alex Smith.

When life gives you a turd, once in a blue moon you find out the turd becomes a hidden gem with a lot of cleaning.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Davis Mills - Quarterback Stanford Cardinals 2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report

Due to Covid shortened season, this is the type of kid you take a chance on in 2nd round. Good arm, runs a 4.58-4.66 in 40. Just lacks playing time. This is Lance without taking a big risk with 1st round. Dalton will play so Mills can learn game. Heck the Bears can get this kid in a trade down in 2nd round.

This is a QB that the Bears should draft every year until they strike gold.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Davis Mills - Quarterback Stanford Cardinals 2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report

Due to Covid shortened season, this is the type of kid you take a chance on in 2nd round. Good arm, runs a 4.58-4.66 in 40. Just lacks playing time. This is Lance without taking a big risk with 1st round. Dalton will play so Mills can learn game. Heck the Bears can get this kid in a trade down in 2nd round.

This is a QB that the Bears should draft every year until they strike gold.
Perfect built in excuse for when he doesn't pan out.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perfect built in excuse for when he doesn't pan out.
Hey many QBs don't pan out. The Bears had the #3 pick and still fucked up. Anyways with this draft I believe at most 2-3 QBs will pan out in 1st and.

1. Lawrence (He is most pro ready)
2. Jones (high floor, low ceiling )
3. Wilson (needs good coach to play to best abilities)

That's it. Pace and Nagy will most likely get fired anyways. Plus I don't believe the Bears are bad enough to get #1 2022 draft pick. Also 2022 QBs are not that good besides Howell. The Bears are desperate for a QB,

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey many QBs don't pan out. The Bears had the #3 pick and still fucked up. Anyways with this draft I believe at most 2-3 QBs will pan out in 1st and.

1. Lawrence (He is most pro ready)
2. Jones (high floor, low ceiling )
3. Wilson (needs good coach to play to best abilities)

That's it. Pace and Nagy will most likely get fired anyways. Plus I don't believe the Bears are bad enough to get #1 2022 draft pick. Also 2022 QBs are not that good besides Howell. The Bears are desperate for a QB,
it was a joke

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Never really watched the guy, but in the highlight video, you can clearly see he is a one read guy. He has plenty of time in the pocket yet continues to never go through any progressions. If you have that kind of time you should be getting to your 2nd and 3rd reads all the time.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given the Bears' current situation, I wouldn't mind it a bit if they picked up even 2 mid round QB fliers and let em sit n learn behind the albatros backup QBs of AD/Foles and lame-duck Nagy in a reset tank year as they address LT, figure out WR, and DON'T blow this draft to move up.

Could fill some holes & still be able to try again in AUG for Wilson/Watson with a full crop of rookies in place. Future drafts would be fucked, but it could work better for them now?‍♂️

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never really watched the guy, but in the highlight video, you can clearly see he is a one read guy. He has plenty of time in the pocket yet continues to never go through any progressions. If you have that kind of time you should be getting to your 2nd and 3rd reads all the time.

THIS was the prob. with Mitch, as it turns out. Nobody talked about it but I read somewhere more recently that over 70% of his attempts were to the first read. We all know Bears' WRs weren't THAT open. Scary about Mills if true.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL playbook is more complicated than a college playbook. Most college QBs go to their first look if they are open. Also Stanford is lacking in playmakers besides the TE, fast WR. Very little options to go through.
The problem is Mills only played in 15 games. Just 4 more than Trubisky. Yes he is a big risk, but athletic, good arm, and went to Stanford. I would rather take him than Trask and even Mond because he can run a 4.58 and is 6’4. I hope he can watch tape and learn to read defenses. That’s what trips up most QBs, including Trubisky.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Pace is going to have to draft a CB earlier than a QB now. OT/CB 1st/2nd round is the likely outcome. Besides, Pace and Nagy won’t be around after this year so having them pick a QB will be a waste of resources.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I saw a couple games worth of tape on him. He was very erratic. Did make some NFL level throws but they were mixed in with some truly awful throws as well. Moved alright but not someone who has notable lateral quickness, seemed a bit stiff in the lower body. Inconsistent footwork as you might imagine from his inconsistent throws. Didn't see much off platform.

I am not someone who takes much stock in pro day/combine stuff for QBs, it's just not like what they have to do in game.

There is potential but not someone I would get really excited about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So we need to start talking about this guy.

#1 Pro Style QB in 2017 HS class.

Has a gimp left knee so he didn't start early. Plays a bit last year and only has 6 games this year due to COVID.

Only has 11 starts to his name.

But can make all the throws. He's big. 6'4 He has a decent arm. Ran some good 40 times at his pro day today. (Flip was there)

Supposed to be a smart kid. (Stanford) Coach says he'd be a first round pick if he had more tape.

Really liked what i saw from him during his pro day from my untrained eye but thought i heard a commentator say he had an ACL injury in high school and another in college but not 100% that i heard that right.

Either way i would draft this kid if the chance is there to do it in the 4th round (we'd have to trade up cause we don't have a 4th now) but i think he might have really opened many eyes with that workout and i'm always nervous about R.Pace when the draft comes around cause he's definitely proved that when he likes a player he'll do whatever needs to be done to get that player and think he usually gets very nervous someone will take that player so he trades up to get him.