Davis Mills QB - Stanford

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I mean you have to do both until you find one. Of course the odds are better in round one. But we all can list the great QB's not found in round one. You have to take swings at the position and Pace hasn't. I'd draft one in round one and then another one later if I was the GM. This drafting one and waiting 4-5 years to draft another is NOT the way forward.

Taking a shot on a guy just to take a shot on a guy is not a good way to find a QB and so far Pace hasn’t missed out on any gems by abstaining as far as I know.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I watched his highlights and a game or two of "every throw" tape earlier. I went in knowing he was *the* top HS prospect coming into college. Just wasn't that impressed with his arm talent. I see an abundance of touch and lofted throws. I'm not seeing the drive on outs.

Realistically second tier guys are probably what we'll be left with so it's worth looking at a guy like Mills in depth. Maybe he's a marginal starter and I can't see more than a 3-4 round grade on him.
strange how he kind of floats the longer passes off his fingertips.....he reminds me of a more mobile Trask with a little more arm strength

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I read a comp somewhere, might have been posted here, that said his platform/footwork was reminiscent of Luck’s but then went to suggest Goff as a more likely NFL ceiling.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He ran under 4.6. He threw extremely well in the rain at his pro day. He looked confident and comfortable. I know he’s throwing against air but he’s accurate. His deep balls were excellent. He’s great on throws that require touch too.

Plus, you know he’s smart. Dumb doesn’t work at Stanford.

He has plenty of arm talent. Mond and Mills are worth a shot.

Flip was there and actually requested a seam throw against single high. He hit it.

Last edited:

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I didn’t like the first game video I watched of Mills, but after watching this one I could see taking him in the third round. I trust deFillipo to identify talent

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I just want this team to draft a QB every year if necessary until the position gets figured out. OT, CB or WR in rounds 1and 2 and Mills in 3 would be fine with me. If he hits great. If not, hopefully you have a backup on a rookie deal and not one named Foles or Bray.

Trade up for a QB in 1, great. Take a shot. It’s crazy how it seems this team doesn’t consistently DRAFT the most important position on the field.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking a shot on a guy just to take a shot on a guy is not a good way to find a QB and so far Pace hasn’t missed out on any gems by abstaining as far as I know.
He picked Nick Kwiatkoski, Deon Bush, DeAndre Hall all in the 4th round before Dak was taken if memory serves me correctly. When he traded up for Kwit I thought for sure it was for Dak and I was let down.

He also passed on Hurtz last year to take Kmet and JJ. Way too early to tell if Hurtz would’ve been the right pick but I’d feel at least somewhat optimistic about this team if he were here instead of Dalton.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just want this team to draft a QB every year if necessary until the position gets figured out. OT, CB or WR in rounds 1and 2 and Mills in 3 would be fine with me. If he hits great. If not, hopefully you have a backup on a rookie deal and not one named Foles or Bray.

Trade up for a QB in 1, great. Take a shot. It’s crazy how it seems this team doesn’t consistently DRAFT the most important position on the field.

a qb every draft should be written in the GMs contract until we have a top 5-10 guy in the league

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For me, it’s Trey Lance or punt to next year.

In today’s NFL, shitty teams like the Bears need dynamic quarterbacks who can create on their own without great supporting casts or coaches.

Yes, you hope to eventually surround that guy with great weapons and coaches, but if you put a QB on the Bears who **has to** rely on those things, it ain’t happening.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sounds like Mills has playing ability, He might be somebody to take closer look at. Seems like he's got the mobility.

jordan757

Liked Posts:
For me, it’s Trey Lance or punt to next year.

In today’s NFL, shitty teams like the Bears need dynamic quarterbacks who can create on their own without great supporting casts or coaches.

Yes, you hope to eventually surround that guy with great weapons and coaches, but if you put a QB on the Bears who **has to** rely on those things, it ain’t happening.
Trey Lance is SHIT. tag this if you want to....pull it up year(s) from now and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question: Does anyone not think this team will be drafting in the top five next year?

Why not take a flyer on a developmental qb in the second or third - at the very least they'd have a cheap backup. Then the new GM can swing for the fences in the first round next year after Pace has been flushed.