Davis Mills QB - Stanford

greg23

Liked Posts:
Serious question: Does anyone not think this team will be drafting in the top five next year?

Why not take a flyer on a developmental qb in the second or third - at the very least they'd have a cheap backup. Then the new GM can swing for the fences in the first round next year after Pace has been flushed.

There are alot of bad teams right now....hell; the bears could clunk to 8-8 and finish 2nd in the division again as the lions and queens don't look to be anything special.

Plus next years qb class looks pretty dismal right now

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Never really watched the guy, but in the highlight video, you can clearly see he is a one read guy. He has plenty of time in the pocket yet continues to never go through any progressions. If you have that kind of time you should be getting to your 2nd and 3rd reads all the time.

Between that and the playing time it sounds like we found our next bitch trubisky

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Serious question: Does anyone not think this team will be drafting in the top five next year?

Why not take a flyer on a developmental qb in the second or third - at the very least they'd have a cheap backup. Then the new GM can swing for the fences in the first round next year after Pace has been flushed.

Top 5, no. The Bears are looking 6-8 wins next year. Maybe top 10. QBs class is not good in 2022 though.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Pro Football Network:

Davis Mills
QB Stanford

Positives
Started 11 games for Stanford the past two seasons. Physically-gifted quarterback with a next-level arm. Possesses terrific size, can spin the ball, and throws all his passes with speed. Spreads the ball around to all his targets, quickly identifies the open wideout, and flashes the ability to beautifully place the ball into receivers’ hands. Goes to the check-down target, throws darts and gets the ball through tight spots. Patient, buys time and does not force the issue. Puts touch on throws when necessary and delivers a catchable pass. Elusive with the ability to escape the rush or pick up yardage with his legs.

Negatives
Late pulling the trigger and has receivers waiting on the pass. Was a little erratic with his accuracy and pass placement last season. Unpolished and does not have a large body of work at the college level.

Analysis
Mills possesses prototypical physical skills for the next level, offering outstanding size as well as arm strength. He possesses the ability to throw all the passes and flashed dominance at Stanford, but he needs more playing time and a good quarterbacks coach before he's NFL-ready.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Why is there a thread for this dude? His stats are terrible for playing in the Pac 12. Don't see any reason this kid should be drafted before the 5th rd.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From Pro Football Network:

Davis Mills
QB Stanford

Positives
Started 11 games for Stanford the past two seasons. Physically-gifted quarterback with a next-level arm. Possesses terrific size, can spin the ball, and throws all his passes with speed. Spreads the ball around to all his targets, quickly identifies the open wideout, and flashes the ability to beautifully place the ball into receivers’ hands. Goes to the check-down target, throws darts and gets the ball through tight spots. Patient, buys time and does not force the issue. Puts touch on throws when necessary and delivers a catchable pass. Elusive with the ability to escape the rush or pick up yardage with his legs.

Negatives
Late pulling the trigger and has receivers waiting on the pass. Was a little erratic with his accuracy and pass placement last season. Unpolished and does not have a large body of work at the college level.

Analysis
Mills possesses prototypical physical skills for the next level, offering outstanding size as well as arm strength. He possesses the ability to throw all the passes and flashed dominance at Stanford, but he needs more playing time and a good quarterbacks coach before he's NFL-ready.
For a day 2 QB. This is the guy you want. Has an NFL Arm, athletic ability, and needs coaching. Basically a Trey Lance in round 2-3. Plus Dephilipo is a good QB coach. If Mills was stupid, he wouldn’t be at Stanford.

Plus we had to see how was his Oline, receivers, and rb stats. A good AB looks like shit behind a and Oline and bad receivers or not enough receivers.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No idea. Seen talk as high as second round to back of the draft. ?‍♂️

Well, if we could grab him in the second or third I'd say that's a good pick. That might be the plan.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No summary in the article, but the author said elsewhere:

1. Mills has all the physical tools, lacks experience. Only started 11 games.
2.He had injuries that limited his reps. Still ran 4.58 40. Nothing wrong with arm.
3. Due to pandemic, CFB had limited practices. He didn’t enough classroom or coaching.

So Mills is has all the physical tools to be an NFL QB. He needs reps and classroom to learn the nuances of the NFL game. He is similar to Lance except for Lance being a better athlete.

Out of the top 5 QB in this draft. I would pick all but Lance in 1st round. Lance is a big project who comes from a div 2 school. I would rather draft Mills in2nd or 3rd than Lance. At least Mills went to Stanford. He might get it. If not , a 2nd rounder isn’t as big of a loss than a 1st. Especially with prospects like Darrisaw, Cosmi, Slater, Waddle, or Smith couldbe available in 1st.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

No summary in the article, but the author said elsewhere:

I'm no draft expert and don't try to play one on CCS but this is the guy that i'd be good with the Bears taking a swing at in the 2nd or 3rd round. He'd have to sit the whole year behind Dalton IMO cause he's so green but i'd take the shot on him. I think i remember hearing he's already had ACL injuries in both knees but not 100% on that it was both but pretty sure it was and definitely at least one of them. Too lazy to look it up.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Who? Never heard of this guy

Klassen? Yeah, I just came across his stuff the other day and thought it was an interesting read. I guess he’s been doing these charts for a few years. Since 2016 I think? Overall, I think that it’s pretty objective and comprehensive work. It’ll be interesting to see what the tier 3 guys show.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm no draft expert and don't try to play one on CCS but this is the guy that i'd be good with the Bears taking a swing at in the 2nd or 3rd round. He'd have to sit the whole year behind Dalton IMO cause he's so green but i'd take the shot on him. I think i remember hearing he's already had ACL injuries in both knees but not 100% on that it was both but pretty sure it was and definitely at least one of them. Too lazy to look it up.
Mills' injury issues are similar to Watson when he cam out in 2017. Mills falls into the 2nd group of QBs that will probably be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. Some talking heads think a team that really wants one of these guys and the 5th year option could trade back into the bottom of the 1st round and take one. Similar to what Baltimore did with Jackson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mills' injury issues are similar to Watson when he cam out in 2017. Mills falls into the 2nd group of QBs that will probably be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. Some talking heads think a team that really wants one of these guys and the 5th year option could trade back into the bottom of the 1st round and take one. Similar to what Baltimore did with Jackson.

Yeah i heard M.Kiper say he thinks he could go in the late 1st round or early 2nd as well.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You know who sucked ass in college, Tom "the GOAT" Brady. If the Bears don't get either Fields or Jones, then I don't mind Mills as a 2nd if the Bears trade down to get an extra 3rd. Bears need a WR and CB in 3rd because Pace sucks ass. Obviously Bears will draft T in 1st. Dalton is actually a QB to learn from, like Alex Smith.

When life gives you a turd, once in a blue moon you find out the turd becomes a hidden gem with a lot of cleaning.
Brady did not suck ass in college, In Brady's four years at Michigan, the Wolverines went 40-9, including a 20-5 record when Brady moved into a starting role as a junior and senior. Michigan went 10-3 in 1998 and 10-2 in 1999.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think there will be 3-4 teams who could use a qb who don't draft one of the top 5 looking to move up into the 30-35 range to get one of the next 4-5

Mills
Mond
Trask
Newman
Etc

Think these guys go earlier than expected (maybe not newman) and could be gone by the time we pick in r2

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I think there will be 3-4 teams who could use a qb who don't draft one of the top 5 looking to move up into the 30-35 range to get one of the next 4-5

Mills
Mond
Trask
Newman
Etc

Think these guys go earlier than expected (maybe not newman) and could be gone by the time we pick in r2
If the Bears want one then they should trade down from 20 for a late 1st and late 2nd then pick their poison. I prefer Mills from that list. Still rather trade up for Fields but that is a different conversation.