Day 2 Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Cleveland Browns for 2[59] and 4[110]. Every time Pace has traded up in round 1 he has trade down in round 2 to recoup picks. The Browns have more picks than can make their roster and I expect they will be aggressive.

2[59] OT Stone Forsythe [Florida] 6'8" 315lbs.

I know the Bears need a CB that can come in and play early, but once you invest in Fields it has to be about putting him in the best position to succeed. The system that Nagy wants to run is not easy for OTs. The amount of passing, the amount of shotgun, it puts a lot of pressure on your OTs and the Bears group is mediocre. Forsythe should compete at RT early and could be the long term LT. His size and wing span are so immense that defenders simply have a hard time getting around him.

1619815991482.png

3[83] WR Dwayne Eskridge [Western Michigan] 5'9" 185lbs.

Undersized, but blazing fast and incredibly physical he would add a dimension of speed to the slot that the Bears do not have. Eskridge is also a very good run blocker an a gunner on special teams. One of Fields best qualities is that he can make moves in the pocket and he can throw the ball downfield. The Bears do not have enough speed to take advantage of this trait. This would give the Bears 3 WRs that run 4.3.

1619815906786.png

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Like the picks but what about the 4th rounder you picked up in the trade down? CB or another OT?

Last edited:

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't bother with a trade down. Get the best available tackle and walk away happy. If anything I would see how high we can trade up our 3rd rounder with all those extra 6th rounders we have

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Cleveland Browns for 2[59] and 4[110]. Every time Pace has traded up in round 1 he has trade down in round 2 to recoup picks. The Browns have more picks than can make their roster and I expect they will be aggressive.

I know the Bears need a CB that can come in and play early, but once you invest in Fields it has to be about putting him in the best position to succeed. The system that Nagy wants to run is not easy for OTs. The amount of passing, the amount of shotgun, it puts a lot of pressure on your OTs and the Bears group is mediocre. Forsythe should compete at RT early and could be the long term LT. His size and wing span are so immense that defenders simply have a hard time getting around him.

View attachment 11568

Undersized, but blazing fast and incredibly physical he would add a dimension of speed to the slot that the Bears do not have. Eskridge is also a very good run blocker an a gunner on special teams. One of Fields best qualities is that he can make moves in the pocket and he can throw the ball downfield. The Bears do not have enough speed to take advantage of this trait. This would give the Bears 3 WRs that run 4.3.

View attachment 11565

Yeah Windy! Keep up the mocks!

I’d rather have the kid out of South Dakota State Cade Johnson, than Eskridge.

I watched his film and don’t think he will get separation or have the wiggle needed to get open. Also, I don’t like his hands.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

View attachment 11568

View attachment 11565
Well these are two of the top 3 positions we need with CB in there as well so two of the 3 is good for me unless some player that nobody expected to drop to where we pick is there at another position. Love Eskridge but will he make it to #83 is the question.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
My order of need
OT
Cb
OT
Wr

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
My order of need:
OT
Cb
OT
Wr

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My order of need
OT
Cb
OT
Wr
I think i'm gonna go with windy on this and put CB at #3 with OT and WR the top 2 just because there's still some pretty damn good veteran CB's sitting as free agents right now that we could get to take Fuller's spot for a year if Trufant isn't the guy they actually want starting.

R.Sherman--i hate this dude but put him in a Bears uniform and i'm a fan for a year.
C.Heyward
B.Breeland
S.Nelson
J.McCourty
J.Verrett

And plenty of others.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This would be acceptable and a likely outcome (future LT then WR with a trade down)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Adding a wr with blazing speed makes sense. Adding a wr that can replace ar next year would also make sense. I still think it will be db in 2 and wr in 3. I just don’t see pace going for a tackle.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Bears don't have a round 4 or 5 pick this year. They do have 4 picks in the 6th round and I think will be aggressively trying to trade out of those.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

View attachment 11568

View attachment 11565