Day 3 Camp Reports

Canth

Liked Posts:
Definitely time to trade away or cut all the players, sell the team, and move it to some place warm.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:

Bad passes in camp are just mistakes leaving the body. One fewer for the regular season.

For real though, no biggie yet. Mitch never seemed to learn/grow, so it's hopefully a very different situation.

Not exactly apples to apples either as in 2019, Mitch was entering his 3rd season, had started 26 games, and was in the 2nd year of the offense. Those quotes were also coming in training camp after nearly entire 2nd offseason to learn that offense.

Fields is just entering his 2nd year, has started 10 games, first mini-camp of a new offense with new coaches and new players around him at the start of the offseason program. They don't even have a full roster yet.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
AHH PTBD post-traumatic Bears disorder

"Last year, I kept talking about 101," Nagy said then. "Now, without a doubt, I can say with pure conviction we’re in 202 right now. And we don’t need to have a live game to see mentally where he’s at with calling the plays.

"I mean, he’s doing things in the last two days that last year at this time he wasn’t even close to. So that’s exciting. You won’t always see it right now, it’s more of a pass emphasis—so if you see a lot of incompletions in practice."

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, clearly not a good day for the offense. It will be interesting to see if the beat writers are able to give any more detail on what they were seeing or not. I know they are limited in what they can say. Was it just timing? Bad decisions? Right timing, to the correct player, but a just a bad throw? With the talk of changing up his footwork a bit, did that play into it and it sorts itself out as he gets more reps?