Day Interested in Bears?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is nothing in this article linking Day to the Bears other than speculation it would be a good fit....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Do people really think because KCs offense has struggled it is as simple as 2 deep safeties is back? Do we think there weren't teams running 2 deep safeties for the last 10 years?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
There is nothing in this article linking Day to the Bears other than speculation it would be a good fit....
Nothing is concrete but the mention in the video is the interesting part. College insider. Might mean absolutely nothing but this is the third time I have heard that Day is eyeing the NFL.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing is concrete but the mention in the video is the interesting part. College insider. Might mean absolutely nothing but this is the third time I have heard that Day is eyeing the NFL.
There will be a lot of speculation for a lot of people.....that is the nature of sports sites seeking attention. Eventually someone will get it correct just from sheer volume of speculation and best guesses.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would he want to take the position that his good buddy just got ridiculed, harassed, and run out of town doing?

This "article" is basically a guy just pointing out how crazy the CFB news have been lately that Ryan Day to the bears wouldn't be surprising. No news, just a guy shooting shit.

I'm not sure why Day would want to touch this shitshow when nagy could tell him everything wrong with it.
I think you are over estimating their relationship.

If Day wants to move to the NFL this is likely the best spot, with a QB he loves.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Do people really think because KCs offense has struggled it is as simple as 2 deep safeties is back? Do we think there weren't teams running 2 deep safeties for the last 10 years?
If 2-deep was all it took to win as a defense Lovie would be the most sought coach this off-season.

Tell me right now you wouldn't welcome Lovie back

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Day IS NOT COMING to the bears, time for everyone to slide back to reality

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's what makes me nervous about college coaches that come from the major programs (and not just Day; I mean any of the perennial top-10 college coaches). One of their keys to winning is consistently having better players than the people they play. That doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. In some cases it does, and some franchises always seem to have a stacked roster. But that's certainly not necessarily true with the Bears, would most would agree have some fundamental holes.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Days salary at OSU is almost 3x Nagy's per year. I doubt he's going to walk from a winning program with that salary to try to get the 85 Bears back on track.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
homers, such as yourself have been majoring on absolutes for years now

Homer lol? I’ll always remember your man love for Connor Cook. It’s an all timer for me. Get off your pedestal.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Homer lol? I’ll always remember your man love for Connor Cook. It’s an all timer for me. Get off your pedestal.
my support for Cook stemmed from the fact I'm a Spartan alum, what's your excuse for Cutler and Trubisky!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Recruiting is time consuming and he's competing for the same players that other top programs are. That's after scouting them without a front office. Ohio state now has one but it's not yet the norm outside of top programs and they still may have 100 player visits during requiting with the better prospects getting home visits from the coach. They're basically all FAs. You then are training/coaching kids with only high school play under their belts.
Yes and is why he will talk to the Bears if they're smart enough to call him.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Why is everyone obsessed with Ryan Day? Do we really want to start the shitshow circus again. Just because he coached Fields in college doesn't mean he's a good coach or has a offensive plan. Last time I checked Ohio State has coordinators as well ?

I rather see someone with more NFL experience, like Josh McDaniels, Sean Payton, how bout Jim Harbaugh. Stop these callings for a coll3ge coach please. Look at th3 history of college coaches, it's not good.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
my support for Cook stemmed from the fact I'm a Spartan alum, what's your excuse for Cutler and Trubisky!
That’s an awful reason. I’m a LSU alumni, did you see me caping for Danny Etling?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is everyone obsessed with Ryan Day? Do we really want to start the shitshow circus again. Just because he coached Fields in college doesn't mean he's a good coach or has a offensive plan. Last time I checked Ohio State has coordinators as well ?

I rather see someone with more NFL experience, like Josh McDaniels, Sean Payton, how bout Jim Harbaugh. Stop these callings for a coll3ge coach please. Look at th3 history of college coaches, it's not good.
I for one am not obsessed but understand he has potential. Would be nice if he had more than 2 years of NFL coaching under his belt but at least he is familiar with the pro game. Harbaugh is a meatball. Roman is the guy that got that ran the O. Probably a better choice. Josh is a control freak hat likely doesn't coach without a subserviently GM. I take Sean any time he wants to start.

A forgotten name is Pat Fitzgerald. A guy without pro experience but anyone that can win the big ten twice with the restrictions involved with Northwestern and be .500 in 10 bowl games, where he was outmatched talentwise, can't be all bad.

Odds are better that none of these mentioned gets the gig. I sure wouldn't bet on anyone right now.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Y’all please stop with the McDaniel’s bullshit. He was terrible in Denver and bullshited Indy. His track record as a HC was drafting Tim Tebow( yes he wanted Tebow), destroying his roster by trading all his good players away, starting hot then ending his first season with a wet fart. He then does the next season prompting Denver to give him the boot.

So that was his first stint, then he decides to dick over Indy?? And folks want this man??

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I for one am not obsessed but understand he has potential. Would be nice if he had more than 2 years of NFL coaching under his belt but at least he is familiar with the pro game. Harbaugh is a meatball. Roman is the guy that got that ran the O. Probably a better choice. Josh is a control freak hat likely doesn't coach without a subserviently GM. I take Sean any time he wants to start.

A forgotten name is Pat Fitzgerald. A guy without pro experience but anyone that can win the big ten twice with the restrictions involved with Northwestern and be .500 in 10 bowl games, where he was outmatched talentwise, can't be all bad.

Odds are better than none of these mentioned gets the gig. I sure wouldn't bet on anyone right now.
Fitzgerald would be a disaster IMHO