Dazz Newsome Scouting Report

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Miller has been a huge disappointment. Loved him coming out but he has not put it together. Something just seems off with him.
Yup. Its unreal how disappointing he has been. Youre not the only one that loved him coming out of college as myself and many others thought he`d develop into a really good player. Looks like that wont be the case unfortunately.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I bet he starts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We should chucking the ball down field with some of this speed. And the Ives guy should be going over the middle. I have no idea what Nagy is thinking ?

dazz newsome
4.38 40-yard dash. has terrific separation quickness, fluidity in and out of his breaks, and deception to set up those breaks.

Mooney...4.38 seconds

Allen Robinson
4.6-second

marquise goodwin ....4.27-second ***

Thomas Ives 4.48 6'5"...why isn't he on the field in "red zone" situations

anthony miller 4.38 seconds

Last edited:

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I think at first it’s kick returns and some schemed touches. He’s a better ball carrier than any of the other WR’s we have.

greg23

Liked Posts:
We should chucking the ball down field with some of this speed. And the Ives guy should be going over the middle. I have know idea what Nagy is thinking ?

dazz newsome
4.38 40-yard dash. has terrific separation quickness, fluidity in and out of his breaks, and deception to set up those breaks.

Mooney...4.38 seconds

Allen Robinson
4.6-second

marquise goodwin ....4.27-second ***

Thomas Ives 4.48 6'5"...why isn't he on the field in "red zone" situations

anthony miller 4.38 seconds

The 5-10, 190-pound Newsome was a four-year starter as a slot receiver at North Carolina. He had 54 receptions for 684 yards (12.7 avg.) and six touchdowns last season. He had 72 receptions for 1,018 yards (14.1 avg.) and 10 touchdowns as a junior in 2019. He ran a 4.57 40-yard dash at North Carolina’s pro day.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The 5-10, 190-pound Newsome was a four-year starter as a slot receiver at North Carolina. He had 54 receptions for 684 yards (12.7 avg.) and six touchdowns last season. He had 72 receptions for 1,018 yards (14.1 avg.) and 10 touchdowns as a junior in 2019. He ran a 4.57 40-yard dash at North Carolina’s pro day.

Well 4.38 is a big difference from 4.57. When I looked it up, it said 4.38

NFL draft: Bears select WR Dazz Newsome with the 221st ...

Newsome is another speedy weapon for new franchise quarterback Justin Fields — and Andy Dalton — as he was clocked running a 4.38 40-yard dash. The fact that Chicago was able to get Newsome in the sixth round was a steal, and some are wondering if we could have another Darnell Mooney on our hands.

Thomas Ives 4.48 6'5"...why isn't he on the field in "red zone" situations? This guy should be on the Field

greg23

Liked Posts:

Newsome is another speedy weapon for new franchise quarterback Justin Fields — and Andy Dalton — as he was clocked running a 4.38 40-yard dash. The fact that Chicago was able to get Newsome in the sixth round was a steal, and some are wondering if we could have another Darnell Mooney on our hands.

Thomas Ives 4.48 6'5"...why isn't he on the field in "red zone" situations? This guy should be on the Field

I've read multiple other pre draft reports that all said he wasn't fast and didn't have top end speed but could separate quickly from defenders out-of the slot

I'm assuming he's not a 4.3 guy

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I've read multiple other pre draft reports that all said he wasn't fast and didn't have top end speed but could separate quickly from defenders out-of the slot

I'm assuming he's not a 4.3 guy

I don't know. 4.38 was the first thing I saw, when I did a search and per that article.

Instant analysis of Bears' sixth-round draft pick WR Dazz ...

Newsome ran a 4.38 40-yard dash at his pro day. That’s the same speed as Darnell Mooney, who is entering his second season with the Bears.

2021 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule and results tracker with ...

Newsome measured 5-foot-10 1/8 inches and 190 pounds with 9 inch hands, 29 7/8 inch arms and a 72 3/4 inch wingspan. He posted a 4.59 second 40-yard dash, 34 inch vertical jump, 10-feet, 1-inch broad jump, 4.38 second short shuttle, 7.38 second 3-cone drill and 12 repetitions on the bench press.

?‍♂️

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe the 4.38 is a mistake that came from Bears wire.

I know of no other site that reported 4.38. Not sure if Bears wire saw his short shuttle and missed it up with his 40 time.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
For some reason Newsome was the guy who jumped out at me this year when I was looking at the WR class. Very excited to see what he can do.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can debate 4.5 vs 4.38 all you want; having run both of those times I realize that the difference between them is all about your start. Acceleration is important, but 40-time starts don't always translate to speed in and out of your breaks. Sometimes it does, but not always.

What I see here (about 46 seconds in) is velocity. He beats the safety to the corner even though the safety had a (slight) angle. It's not world-class speed, but he's not a world-class guy. But while world-class speed is nice, if it grew on trees, everyone would have it. Watch this clip:

Here (1:46) you see him beat one-on-one coverage (against Virginia Tech, mind-you, who has produced some NFL CB talent):

Again, he's got nowhere near Marquis Goodwin's speed. But I want to reiterate just how bad MG looked in the 2019 highlights I watched. MG looked stiff, ran poor routes, and had hands of stone. At least based on the 2019 footage I saw.

Back to Dazz Newsome, he catches the ball very well, seems tough enough, had enough speed to win many one-on-ones. He definitely looks faster than Wims.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Newsome gives you a RAC guy who can beat you deep if you sleep on him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's depth or PS and probably doesn't make team. WRs drafted this late rarely work out.