DC Candidates

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
With all the talk about needing to fire Pace and Nagy (justifiably so), if the do that, I think they need a clean slate and give Pagano his walking papers too. Passive scheme and doesn’t seem to adjust in-game as well as other teams.

What people would everyone be interested to bring in as the new defensive coordinator? I’ for Arthur Smith as HC, but haven’t really looked into possible names for DC.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
I don’t have a DC in mind, but I would like to see the Bears return to a 4-3. An attacking 4-3, not some soft bend but don’t break.

I was really excited to see the 3-4 come to Chicago, but seeing the Bears best pass rushers be put into coverage and just be neutralized in general, I’m over the 3-4.

Be Home Soon

Liked Posts:
With all the talk about needing to fire Pace and Nagy (justifiably so), if the do that, I think they need a clean slate and give Pagano his walking papers too. Passive scheme and doesn’t seem to adjust in-game as well as other teams.

What people would everyone be interested to bring in as the new defensive coordinator? I’ for Arthur Smith as HC, but haven’t really looked into possible names for DC.

Bears need another black coach.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Of course Pagano is gone if they fire GM and HC and possibly even President.

I don't have any names in mind. Seeing how so many here think we need to blitz all the time, maybe Gregg Williams will be a popular choice. ?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Is 13th in D "to passive" :unsure:

1607398212880.png

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
you do realize our D had been top 10 most of yr. and were holding teams around 20 pis / game? where should they rank?
How do u define passive on D?
When through 12 games the team has a total of 23 sacks and 7 INTs and in most games it looks like the Stanford marching band can parade through the middle of the field in key moments. That’s how.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When through 12 games the team has a total of 23 sacks and 7 INTs and in most games it looks like the Stanford marching band can parade through the middle of the field in key moments. That’s how.

Pagano's scheme was all smoke and mirrors