DeAndre Hopkins on the Trade Block

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He's old, but he still has some good years left. At minimum a bridge until Poles is able to draft a WR1. Fields needs playmakers. Assuming his contract will lower the draft capital required to get him (plus he has one PED suspension) and Bears have the cap space. Poles should definitely explore this.

Edit: Apparently wants a new deal. Not sure what that will look like.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the price is right.

I'd look at this as a bridge at the WR position until 2024. It would be nice to add some firepower for next season, until the next draft. I don't see us making a significant upgrade there unless it's through FA.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's old, but he still has some good years left. At minimum a bridge until Poles is able to draft a WR1. Fields needs playmakers. Assuming his contract will lower the draft capital required to get him (plus he has one PED suspension) and Bears have the cap space. Poles should definitely explore this.

Edit: Apparently wants a new deal. Not sure what that will look like.
way to much money to pay a bridge to the future

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Read he has a no trade clause…. So unless he’s 100% about the money I doubt he would have interest in a rebuild.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
They need SOMEONE, as even Robinson having a bum year kept defenses on him and opened it up for a great season from Mooney. They didn't have that this year.

Like most have said, he isn't the future, but he can be the bridge until you find that guy, as it doesn't seem like there's any #1 WR types in this draft per the 'experts.'

I say give it a whirl. Can focus on the lines in FA and the draft.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Based on his age and the current state of the team, he isn’t helping the Bears get to the SB. He would help Fields develop so If they take a late round pick then yes. Top 100 pick…no.
2024 - Marvin Harrison Jr, Hopkins, Mooney, Claypool.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
idk about every team's cap situation, but to me, this smells like a trade for a team that's already built to make it to the playoffs and possibly compete for a superbowl.

I can see the Chiefs, Titans, Jaguars, Packers, Patriots, Giants and Cowboys being interested.