CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Like I mentioned previously in another post, it is a trickle down effect. The same players playing defense are the ones playing special teams. Matt Bowen explained this today in an article too. For example, our poor tackling LBs are on the special teams unit.

kurutoga

Liked Posts:
Wut? He wasn't kicked out of Dallas. He was hired as assistant HC because you can't make a lateral move in the NFL. That is unless a coach is fired.

I could not remember details since it has been a while. For what it's worth, I had impression reading some article speculating Dallas was not going to renew Joe's contract. This is the best I can find now:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...s-joe-decamillis-john-garrett-look-to-be-next
"Taken along with some tweets coming out of the guys at DallasCowboys.com, it sounds like DeCamillis may have been told he is not in the plans for next year. There was mention made of the team not wanting to undercut him while he still had a shot at a head coaching job, which sounds a lot like word was out he was not going to be around. "

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Being that Trestman had no bargaining power & this was potentially his last opportunity to be a NFL Head Coach, I'm willing to believe DeCamillis & Tucker were Emery hires.

No bargaining power? He's the head coach for one of the most prestigious clubs in the league. Trestman had been a coach around the league for nearly 30 years and as organized as the guy is I'm sure he had some idea of who he wanted as coordinators going into the interview process. Kromer was hired within days of the trestman announcement. Also, I believe a GM could suggest coordinators but highly unlikely that Emery determined trestman's staff IMO. :shrug:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
No bargaining power? He's the head coach for one of the most prestigious clubs in the league. Trestman had been a coach around the league for nearly 30 years and as organized as the guy is I'm sure he had some idea of who he wanted as coordinators going into the interview process. Kromer was hired within days of the trestman announcement. Also, I believe a GM could suggest coordinators but highly unlikely that Emery determined trestman's staff IMO. :shrug:

That is what I think happened, and seeing as he was an offensive guy, out of the league for a while, hired rather late there probably wasn't time for him to put together a list of D and ST candidates. So, he ended up going with Emery's suggestions. I would have liked for Trest to have had an opportunity to interview a number of candidates that he personally hand chose.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could not remember details since it has been a while. For what it's worth, I had impression reading some article speculating Dallas was not going to renew Joe's contract. This is the best I can find now:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...s-joe-decamillis-john-garrett-look-to-be-next
"Taken along with some tweets coming out of the guys at DallasCowboys.com, it sounds like DeCamillis may have been told he is not in the plans for next year. There was mention made of the team not wanting to undercut him while he still had a shot at a head coaching job, which sounds a lot like word was out he was not going to be around. "

The year before, he was blocked from going to Oakland by the Cowboys. So I'm saying DeCamillis was not a terrible hire at the time he was hired. He had a decent reputation, not a Toub reputation but a decent one. And was in a lot of HC discussion.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
Neither DeCamillis nor Mel Tucker should have been retained.

Both coaches are the sole reason that we didn't make the playoffs last season and unfortunately, I believe those two coaches will cost us even more games this season.

Is that even possible?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Like I mentioned previously in another post, it is a trickle down effect. The same players playing defense are the ones playing special teams. Matt Bowen explained this today in an article too. For example, our poor tackling LBs are on the special teams unit.

This is precisely the reason why we can't be cutting Emery any slack. These are his players on the 53-man roster he created. The players here don't look like that can play inasmuch as Tucker and Joe D can't coach.

The linebacker depth is atrocious the CB depth is atrocious and as a result the special teams units are a fucking mess. The roster turnover at such a high rate I. The last two years has devastated defense and special teams.

Yesterday our primary special teams guy that Emery brought in was cut, Jordan Senn, gone. So while there certainly needed to be some roster turnover to completely blow up the defensive roster without adequate talent replacement is inexcusable. Players who can't play don't deserve to be of this roster and shouldn't be afforded much time to get up to par on special teams.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
There is obviously something wrong with the bears evaluations if they evaluated that they didnt need a new dc coordinator.
They blamed it all on position coaches. Hopefully they were right but we will see. Guys that u hired shouldnt be thatbad.

Nick80

ARE WE TRADING FOR ANY LINEBACKERS OR SAFETIES TO PLAY ON THE D AND ST? WHAT ABOUT TO MAKE TACKLES AND NOT GET CONCUSSED? EMERY HAD BETTER BE LOOKING AT NEW COORDINATORS. I'M LIVID.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What happens if we do?

Then you have a forum full of fucktarded posters still talking about how great the Brandon Marshall trade was and how everything after that means nothing.

OR

you have a team that likely misses the playoff ala the New Orleans Saints have when they haven't shit for defense or special teams.

Nick80

Then you have a forum full of fucktarded posters still talking about how great the Brandon Marshall trade was and how everything after that means nothing.

OR

you have a team that likely misses the playoff ala the New Orleans Saints have when they haven't shit for defense or special teams.

Go on, put that résumé in the post, go on, you know you want to. Say you will. Go on, ah go on, go on.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

OR

As a representative for the fucktards who think that Emery has done a good job thus far taking over from Angelo, I say that you do not have any objectivity. The moves that he made in the season rebuilding the defensive line will provide dividends as will the picks of Fuller and the two defensive linemen. Did he make a mistake on Tucker, we will see. Last season doesn't count nor does the pre-season.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARE WE TRADING FOR ANY LINEBACKERS OR SAFETIES TO PLAY ON THE D AND ST? WHAT ABOUT TO MAKE TACKLES AND NOT GET CONCUSSED? EMERY HAD BETTER BE LOOKING AT NEW COORDINATORS. I'M LIVID.

We should trade for a right winger....is that a correct football(soccer) term....I don't know man...I'm learning.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
YES, THIS IS THE CORRECT TERM.

MY DAUGHTER'S 6TH GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER TYPED ME AN EMAIL LIKE oh, i didn't realize I had caps lock on, this one time. I really don't know why she didn't just go back and change it.

Nick80

MY DAUGHTER'S 6TH GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER TYPED ME AN EMAIL LIKE oh, i didn't realize I had caps lock on, this one time. I really don't know why she didn't just go back and change it.

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD.