hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, I’m interested in some competitions. There are too many for sure but some could be on way out, due for Rockford, or could be meant as competition.
Carp or Strome could be on way out, even with one gone it might be a stretch to say Gaudette vs Borg for one spot.
Nylander could be in play or he could be off the edge, tough to say. Kurashev vs Hagel vs Nylander for 2 spots?
Do Connolly or Hardman or Stillman really have pole position? Stan often does things in pre-season or at that 10 game in point after youth first 9.
I expect 2 pre-season moves and an early move or two.
If I had to guess Borg is going to center a line with Reichel in Rockford for a month.
Their choices might be contractual until they get some returns to settle spaces.
Hagel-Dach-Kuba
Cat-Big Johnson-Kane
Reichel-Toews-Kurashev
Kampf-Strome-Khaira/Connolly

I think our depth is pretty great but I don’t see a lot of those guys able to break in if Reichel/Kurashev/Hagel run away with spots which they might.
There will be a lot riding on Dach and if he can get to the next level, that level being the 3rd overall pick the Hawks expect him to be. The injury set him, back, no argument there, but now, it’s time to make the next step. If he becomes the proven power forward the Hawks expect him to be that will go along way in solidifying the lines on this team. A Dach, Kubalik, Hagel line only works if Dach can reach his full potential. Johnson, Cat and Kane, looks great on paper, however, there is zero grit, or size. Who is retrieving the puck on that line. That would be a good looking pp unit, but not an every game, shift line. Reichel is a ????, so him and Toews is a far stretch at this point.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be a lot riding on Dach and if he can get to the next level, that level being the 3rd overall pick the Hawks expect him to be. The injury set him, back, no argument there, but now, it’s time to make the next step. If he becomes the proven power forward the Hawks expect him to be that will go along way in solidifying the lines on this team. A Dach, Kubalik, Hagel line only works if Dach can reach his full potential. Johnson, Cat and Kane, looks great on paper, however, there is zero grit, or size. Who is retrieving the puck on that line. That would be a good looking pp unit, but not an every game, shift line. Reichel is a ????, so him and Toews is a far stretch at this point.
Dach is definitely a top 6, couple with a feeling I’m getting from Toews that his body isn’t right, or is old.
I’m not so sure Toews can start off with top 6 minutes.

I’ll toying with what I think they will do and give two lines I think they need to do, one for Toews isn’t right.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big Johnson/Hagel-Dach-Kubalik
Cat-Gaudette/Borgbot-Kane
Hagel/BJ-Toews-Reichel/Kurashev

I don’t feel that they will be good because they don’t quit fit right forcing Dach into the redundant 2C spot and riding BJ or Toews who are too old to ride.
Kampf-Carp-Kurashev can all play some center in the top 6 but unless Gaudette or Borgstrom can supply some offensive minutes they don’t really have that guy.
Dach is better off with a hybrid center on one of his wings.although he neutralizes some of his own face off losses with several other puck possession traits and defense, long stick, body, etc.

If Toews isn’t a one or two C it still seems like trouble.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dach is definitely a top 6, couple with a feeling I’m getting from Toews that his body isn’t right, or is old.
I’m not so sure Toews can start off with top 6 minutes.

I’ll toying with what I think they will do and give two lines I think they need to do, one for Toews isn’t right.
At this point, I am not sure anyone knows what Toews will provide in the lineup. I will agree with you that Toews isn’t a top 6 to start the year, however the Hawks do have the worst coach in the NHL and he will most likely push Toews to be as such to start the season. At this point there are a whole lot of question marks to the Hawks lineup, the preseason at the very least should give a small sample size of who can step in and possibly provide some balance to the roster.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Big Johnson/Hagel-Dach-Kubalik
Cat-Gaudette/Borgbot-Kane
Hagel/BJ-Toews-Reichel/Kurashev

I don’t feel that they will be good because they don’t quit fit right forcing Dach into the redundant 2C spot and riding BJ or Toews who are too old to ride.
Kampf-Carp-Kurashev can all play some center in the top 6 but unless Gaudette or Borgstrom can supply some offensive minutes they don’t really have that guy.
Dach is better off with a hybrid center on one of his wings.although he neutralizes some of his own face off losses with several other puck possession traits and defense, long stick, body, etc.

If Toews isn’t a one or two C it still seems like trouble.
Kampf doesn’t play for the Hawks anymore.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JT looks healthy,rested........as rested as he's ever been and ready to go. If he's anywhere close to 100%,he's the team's best center by miles and miles. Still the only center on the roster over 50% at the dot for his career too.

I might be more concerned with the "nagging issue" Kane's been talking about to be honest.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
JT looks healthy,rested........as rested as he's ever been and ready to go. If he's anywhere close to 100%,he's the team's best center by miles and miles. Still the only center on the roster over 50% at the dot for his career too.

I might be more concerned with the "nagging issue" Kane's been talking about to be honest.
Rested doesn’t mean game shape, I agree he is the best option at Center going forward, but he doesn’t need to be rushed out of The gates like a thorough bread race horse.
It is hard to debate the question of if he looks healthy, from the images that I have seen he looks engaged and ready to compete, however, the issues he was dealing with is still a health issue moving forward, he was tired and feeling lethargic and that still has not been diagnosed. Only time will tell. I am as excited about watching 19 suit up this year and kick some ass and prove the doubters wrong, but it certainly will take a few months until he is actual game shape.
In relation to Kane, whatever his nagging Injury is, he has been dealing with the same injury for some time, he will be fine. The real issue is, as I mentioned is Dach, he needs to step up and be elite, that will take the pressure off Kane and Toews.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rested doesn’t mean game shape, I agree he is the best option at Center going forward, but he doesn’t need to be rushed out of The gates like a thorough bread race horse.
It is hard to debate the question of if he looks healthy, from the images that I have seen he looks engaged and ready to compete, however, the issues he was dealing with is still a health issue moving forward, he was tired and feeling lethargic and that still has not been diagnosed. Only time will tell. I am as excited about watching 19 suit up this year and kick some ass and prove the doubters wrong, but it certainly will take a few months until he is actual game shape.
In relation to Kane, whatever his nagging Injury is, he has been dealing with the same injury for some time, he will be fine. The real issue is, as I mentioned is Dach, he needs to step up and be elite, that will take the pressure off Kane and Toews.
I read his condition was diagnosed as 'Chronic inflammatory response syndrome' and who knows how he responds to game action but he has been skating and practicing with teammates for months now.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I read his condition was diagnosed as 'Chronic inflammatory response syndrome' and who knows how he responds to game action but he has been skating and practicing with teammates for months now.
It is a wait and see approach at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kampf doesn’t play for the Hawks anymore.
Wtf…I’m surprised Seattle didn’t request to QO him to be honest and more surprised we didn’t. A team that needs grit to finish out games defensively got him.
The Hawks need to be all offense at all times never relent trade trade trade team, fuck Colliton that’s who we are because that’s where these players had a statistical advantage. You lose cat or Kane for a second and they score but they need to actually try to be that team that will score 6 per game.
Crawford was that guy who took away numbers, and that’s what Fleury can be

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What we need.

New GM.
New Coach.

Start with these lines for now...

Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Borgstrom-Dach-Johnson
Kurashev-Carp-Gaudette

Jones-McCabe
Murphy-Stillman
DeHaan-?

We can't even judge our players without a proper system. Trading Strome is stupid now for that reason, don't sell low.

Evaluate and we probably need a defender more than anything else.

I think you just put Toews between Cat and Kane and be done with it, build a checking defense line around Dach.

Cat-Toews-Kane
Hagel-Dach-Kubalik
Reichel-Strome-Johnson
Gaudette-Carp-Kurashev

Is the best I can do.