Deep team

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The plan has been for Strome to step up for 3 years.
I have no issue with looking at Borg or Gaudette to see if they can capture some of the AA magic with Kane.
Nylander has to overhaul his on ice personality and channel Shaw or Jewels or at least the phrenetic offensive approach of Hinostrroza.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark this down;

When you see a line of Nylander/Borg/Kane, any of you who don’t think Colonton isn’t a lapdog must open your eyes.

And I’m really starting to think Reichel gets at least nine games at the start. I’m honestly more excited over this kid then I should be but I don’t think he would need too much crackford time. Liking his game too much and has already played against men in euro.
Honestly I'll be surprised if he does, and if he does I'll gladly eat crow.

When the season starts the 'hawks need to have a 23-player roster. If every player (per CapFriendly's take on the 'hawks roster) is healthy, the 'hawks would be running a 24-man roster with 15 FWDs, 7 D-men, and 2 goalies.

It's unlikley the 'hawks carry 3 goalies. I think we ride MAF and Lankinen.

Given the D-woes I think the 'hawks will carry 7 d-men. As much as I'd like for DeHaan to be the one fetching Eddie-O his soft serve, it's likely Caleb Jones or Stillman on a rotating basis. Kalnyuk should either be full-time or in Rockford for minutes. That being said even if Nyuk is Rockforded (and he's the only d-man on the CF roster who is waivers-exempt), I still think the 'hawks carry 7 D-men on the roster instead of 6--especially if an injury happens. Ditto if Caleb Jones is sent down; I think the 'hawks keep 7 D-men on their roster.

That would mean the 'hawks have 1 too many forwards already. Someone has got to go just to meet the max roster size. Only Kurashev and Dach are waivers-exempt, so unless he wows, I think Kurashev gets dropped. But, if Reichel makes the lineup, someone else has got to go.

Khaira, Gaudette, Borgstrom, and Nylander are the most likely candidates--even though Nylander likely gets every chance to fail repeatedly.

IMHO, if Reichel gets his 10, it's because:

Someone is injured--likely a forward.
Someone is traded--likely a FWD without a FWD coming back.
Reichel is in Beast Mode™ come the preseason and forces Stan or JC's hand to the point where they are okay sending a FWD out by hook or by crook.

I don't see that happening. I'm high on Reichel too, but with the way roster is built as of now, coupled with the fact that Reichel is only 19, can have his contract slid, and doesn't count towards the max 50 contracts, I think he comes into the preseason for a good, solid look and is given some responsibility, and then is loaned back to Europe to get icetime against men once more.

After this season, with Strome, Carpenter, Gaudette, Dach, Nylander, and Kurashev all becoming FA's (and only Carpenter being a UFA), Reichel will get his shot.

Granada

Liked Posts:
NHL.com/Tracey Meyers came out with a projected lineup that makes sense. Has Johnson on wing though, which irritates me, but I could live with it and these lines:

Also, Bowman seemed to walk back Toews returning. It certainly doesn't sound definite, per his latest statements. At this point, I'm not expecting him to be back until I actually see the guy on the ice in the regular season.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NHL.com/Tracey Meyers came out with a projected lineup that makes sense. Has Johnson on wing though, which irritates me, but I could live with it and these lines:

Also, Bowman seemed to walk back Toews returning. It certainly doesn't sound definite, per his latest statements. At this point, I'm not expecting him to be back until I actually see the guy on the ice in the regular season.
At least he's ready day one of camp.....

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I love Dach, but at <40% faceoffs I don't think he's ready for 1C yet.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's crazy to me that Toews first year he was still 53.2% and that was his lowest year ever. He's won over 500 faceoffes every year of his career. Maxing out at 1059 in 18-19

Granada

Liked Posts:

Face-offs are very important, don't get me wrong, but if that is all that is holding Dach back at 1LC, I'd say you bite the bullet. Dach's percentage isn't great for 2LC either, but at this point, you have to see him in the top-six and you have to see how he is in terms of playing a two-way game, if he can produce against opposing top-sixes, etc. He has to develop in that position because that is what he was drafted for. If he can't develop into a top-six center, in my view, he'll be a failed draft pick.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Well first day practice had

Kubi/Toews/Hagel
Cat/BigJohnson/Kane

I can get behind that. Kane’s line has the potential to pot 100 goals if healthy

I really think JarJar and Carp are locks on the fourth line, which would leave Dach at center on the third in what could be a bum slayer line. I liked Gaudettes game today and would have no issue with him on the fourth line for some offense and jam. He was throwing the body a bit.

the only person on D who is noticed was Allen. He ain’t ready, but he isn’t that far off.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kubi/Toews/Hagel
Cat/BigJohnson/Kane

I can get behind that. Kane’s line has the potential to pot 100 goals if healthy

I really think JarJar and Carp are locks on the fourth line, which would leave Dach at center on the third in what could be a bum slayer line. I liked Gaudettes game today and would have no issue with him on the fourth line for some offense and jam. He was throwing the body a bit.

the only person on D who is noticed was Allen. He ain’t ready, but he isn’t that far off.

How did you watch today? Did you go to the training camp or was it shown somewhere?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Brent 'buyout' Connolly in the projected lineups before camp and no Bret 'buyout' Connolly in the real lineup in camp,this was the 3.5MX2 contract we ate to get the outstanding,young Borgstrom and he's not in those lineups either.......but we fleeced Florida in that one the articles said.
Of course things can change throughout camp and Borgstrom could be centering Bret 'buyout' Connolly on a devastatingly effective scoring line to start the season but then again.......I'm already buzzed too.

I like Hagel with JT......how about JT,we know Hagel will work his ass off and stick up for his linemates,it's just a DAM shame the team can't find someone to fill that role with size AND ability. Some good additions this offseason but power forward wasn't one of em.
TJ's a tough vet who plays bigger than his size but that line might be the smallest in the league and probably real good too......until things get rough and dirty in the PO's
Strome was skating on a wing with Carp and Khaira,two 4th liners at best,this might be all Strome is good for as some say but if true,why keep a young player in a role he's absolutely wrong for instead of getting something through trade.....anything really,for the cap space if nothing else.........we gotta pay Connolly.......LOL

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Hagel with JT......how about JT,we know Hagel will work his ass off and stick up for his linemates,it's just a DAM shame the team can't find someone to fill that role with size AND ability. Some good additions this offseason but power forward wasn't one of em.

Imagine a 6'4" 210# Hagel.
Dayam!

Granada

Liked Posts:

Kubi/Toews/Hagel
Cat/BigJohnson/Kane

That top six isn't bad, but that 2nd line is quite small and might run into some matchup problems. Overall though, I'm fine with trying those out initially. I'd like to see Dach in the top six, but Johnson is a solid choice too and I like that the latter is being utilized at center instead of forward.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
No Brent 'buyout' Connolly in the projected lineups before camp and no Bret 'buyout' Connolly in the real lineup in camp,this was the 3.5MX2 contract we ate to get the outstanding,young Borgstrom and he's not in those lineups either.......but we fleeced Florida in that one the articles said.
Of course things can change throughout camp and Borgstrom could be centering Bret 'buyout' Connolly on a devastatingly effective scoring line to start the season but then again.......I'm already buzzed too.

TJ's a tough vet who plays bigger than his size but that line might be the smallest in the league and probably real good too......until things get rough and dirty in the PO's
Strome was skating on a wing with Carp and Khaira,two 4th liners at best,this might be all Strome is good for as some say but if true,why keep a young player in a role he's absolutely wrong for instead of getting something through trade.....anything really,for the cap space if nothing else.........we gotta pay Connolly.......LOL
Borg so far has been invisible.

I really don’t understand trading for him.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to the camp

I miss when they used to be held at The Edge in Bensonville.
The players used to just hang out outside afterwards and chat with people. It was really cool. And the teams mostly sucked back then and less games on TV so it never got too crowded.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to the camp
Yeah, I’m interested in some competitions. There are too many for sure but some could be on way out, due for Rockford, or could be meant as competition.
Carp or Strome could be on way out, even with one gone it might be a stretch to say Gaudette vs Borg for one spot.
Nylander could be in play or he could be off the edge, tough to say. Kurashev vs Hagel vs Nylander for 2 spots?
Do Connolly or Hardman or Stillman really have pole position? Stan often does things in pre-season or at that 10 game in point after youth first 9.
I expect 2 pre-season moves and an early move or two.
If I had to guess Borg is going to center a line with Reichel in Rockford for a month.
Their choices might be contractual until they get some returns to settle spaces.
Hagel-Dach-Kuba
Cat-Big Johnson-Kane
Reichel-Toews-Kurashev
Kampf-Strome-Khaira/Connolly

I think our depth is pretty great but I don’t see a lot of those guys able to break in if Reichel/Kurashev/Hagel run away with spots which they might.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Late season that becomes

Reichel-Toews-Kuba
Cat-Borg/Strome-Kane
Hagel-Dach-Big Johnson
Kampf-Khaira-Kurashev

KBIB

Liked Posts:
That top six isn't bad, but that 2nd line is quite small and might run into some matchup problems. Overall though, I'm fine with trying those out initially. I'd like to see Dach in the top six, but Johnson is a solid choice too and I like that the latter is being utilized at center instead of forward.
I agree with you but will point out that Kane does get his own space and Cat can also create his. Now will teams try and bully them the way Tampa did last year? You and I both know they will. It’s up to Colonton to adapt if that happens or will he keep putting that line out there to get manhandled. With him, who knows.

I really like the idea of a third line bumslayer line. And if it’s Dach or TJ centering it either choice would be fine with me. Either choice is better then seeing Kampf out there every other shift fucking up everything and I’m not ruling out JarJar becoming the second coming of Kampf on account of his average faceoff percentage and dragging Kane’s line down a peg or five.

(yes, I know JarJar has a higher d-zone start percentage, but this is Colonton we’re talking about)

yesterday they had a line of Reichel/Dach/Kura and I can get behind that one since Kura will shoot the puck. I really believe they drafted Reichel to play with Dach as their games are extremely similar and Kura had some moments last year where he was very, very good on the back check with one play in the waning days that reminded me of Hossa.

One play, guys. I’m not comparing Kurashev to Hossa.

I just really hope Dach gets better on faceoffs, if he did, there would be no confusion as to what line he would be on.

As for defense, I really think it’s as etched in stone they’re going Seth,Murphy,CDH, which sounds like some medical issue;

” doctor, I feel lazy, slow, and my body always hurts”

“Sounds like symptoms of CDH, we better run some tests”

McCabe, Stillman, and Nyuk. I don’t see either of the highly touted Beaudin or Mitchell making this squad outside of injuries and even then I think Caleb is above them on the depth chart.

Bigger and tougher

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I miss when they used to be held at The Edge in Bensonville.
The players used to just hang out outside afterwards and chat with people. It was really cool. And the teams mostly sucked back then and less games on TV so it never got too crowded.
You could always sneak across York Rd and get a round in at White Pines when you were done too or their dome in the winter after practices.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I agree with you but will point out that Kane does get his own space and Cat can also create his. Now will teams try and bully them the way Tampa did last year? You and I both know they will. It’s up to Colonton to adapt if that happens or will he keep putting that line out there to get manhandled. With him, who knows.

I really like the idea of a third line bumslayer line. And if it’s Dach or TJ centering it either choice would be fine with me. Either choice is better then seeing Kampf out there every other shift fucking up everything and I’m not ruling out JarJar becoming the second coming of Kampf on account of his average faceoff percentage and dragging Kane’s line down a peg or five.

(yes, I know JarJar has a higher d-zone start percentage, but this is Colonton we’re talking about)

yesterday they had a line of Reichel/Dach/Kura and I can get behind that one since Kura will shoot the puck. I really believe they drafted Reichel to play with Dach as their games are extremely similar and Kura had some moments last year where he was very, very good on the back check with one play in the waning days that reminded me of Hossa.

One play, guys. I’m not comparing Kurashev to Hossa.

I just really hope Dach gets better on faceoffs, if he did, there would be no confusion as to what line he would be on.

As for defense, I really think it’s as etched in stone they’re going Seth,Murphy,CDH, which sounds like some medical issue;

” doctor, I feel lazy, slow, and my body always hurts”

“Sounds like symptoms of CDH, we better run some tests”

McCabe, Stillman, and Nyuk. I don’t see either of the highly touted Beaudin or Mitchell making this squad outside of injuries and even then I think Caleb is above them on the depth chart.

Bigger and tougher

Yeah I like that third line too, at least on paper. I actually am fine with all the lines, at least to start. The 4th with Khaira, Carpenter, Strome is interesting. Strome is obviously the odd-ball, but I like having somewhat of a scoring threat on the 4th line compared to your typical NHL 4th liner.