Deep team

Granada

Liked Posts:
I did put Big Johnson at center in the last iteration.

The problem with any line-up seems to be Strome and Nylander make any line sad.

I would have tried for Pious Suter instead of Johnson personally as I think your getting a shell like the late years Shaw.

I guess Dach moves up to 2...or 1...but while that swap changes everything thr big battles are elsewhere.

Locked in.

Cat-Dach/Toews-Kane
?-Dach/Toews-Kubalik
?-?-?
?-?-?

I guess with the numbers of everyone else...that's really where it is.

Jones-?
MnM

Lots of battles...
A lot will depend on how Johnson is used by Colliton. If he uses him as a wing, he could very well be in the top six -- knowing this team and how lines always change, he probably will be for at least some time this season. If he uses him as center (with Dach and Toews), then that open wing in the top six will be for the taking between Kurashev, Nylander, maybe Hagel (although I think he'd look great with Johnson on a third line), and Connolly I guess. Connolly is just as much of a head-scratcher as Strome at this point in terms of where he fits in the lineup.

I'm not ragging on you for trying to project lines, but it's an exercise in futility because there are so many unknown variables. I guess I'm just hoping that Kurashev can solidify himself in the top six and that Johnson is utilized as 3LC to better balance and deepen the lineup.

Also, I'd be surprised if Bowman doesn't make at least one more move between now and when the season starts. I think if he does, it would have to involve Strome being jettisoned. There is just such a logjam of forwards now.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I’m going to go on record saying I’m not big on putting Dach with Kane

Dach, Hino, and Hagel was one of the best lines we had last year and productive on top of it.

You gotta earn it to play with Kane. And I really think the lapdog coach is going to let Blowman decide the line up just like how he had Nylander playing with Kane the year prior.

Nothing beats a GM who has to look like a fucking genius
I agree with you about Dach and think he could form a checking line on the third nicely. But I don't think this roster sets that up unless Borgbot surprises or Johnson sheds ten years or Strome made a leap.

The thing with Toews is you lose the ability to neutralize an opponents top center.

Cat-Toews-Kane
Hagel/Reichel-Dach-Kubalik
Barrett/Hag/Nolander-Big J-

I mean..as discussed...Hawks have low end depth but good luck forming even one line you can swallow without unbalancing another.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Johnson is meant for Dach to win some faceoffs and let them sort of form an ubiquitous center/wing tandem?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did put Big Johnson at center in the last iteration.

The problem with any line-up seems to be Strome and Nylander make any line sad.

I would have tried for Pious Suter instead of Johnson personally as I think your getting a shell like the late years Shaw.

I guess Dach moves up to 2...or 1...but while that swap changes everything thr big battles are elsewhere.

Locked in.

Cat-Dach/Toews-Kane
?-Dach/Toews-Kubalik
?-?-?
?-?-?

I guess with the numbers of everyone else...that's really where it is.

Jones-?
MnM

Lots of battles...
'Big' Johnson is 5'8"......LOL! He might have a 'Big' johnson but he's another Lil dude.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Strome is useless on wing. He doesn’t battle, he’s slow, and unless the defenseman is an after hip surgery Seabrook, he’s not manning his assignment in his own zone. His vision is elite, if there is one good thing to say about the kid he can see a play out of nothing in the o-zone.

The problem with him is the early success. He was gifted Kane when he got here and unlike Cat, refuses to create his own space or use his frame in front of the net. Watch tape, he’s usually behind the net in the Gretzky office, but he sure as shit isn’t Gretzky.

You do not take the puck off Kane’s stick in the o-zone. I’m sorry Strome, but if your not shooting the puck on Kane’s line you are useless. If you are not banging the front of the crease, you are useless.
Strome was 'gifted' Kane when he got here? He skated with D-Cat and Perlini........D-Cat and Strome both had outstanding years but Harry Potter couldn't stand it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who's the rugged,puck retrieving winger who can also go to the net and skate with top six ability?
Hagel is another Lil dude but he shows all the desire,he never takes a shift off and when you look at his career stats.........he's scored at every level and he figured the NHL out too after a slow start. It's either him or some little Euro.

If Brent 'Buyout' Connelly gets mentioned at all these days,it's fouth line or 13th-14th forward........he'll make 3.5M the next two years!!! When Borgstrom(the supposed return for Connolly)gets mentioned,it's not much better.....BRAVO!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
'Big' Johnson is 5'8"......LOL! He might have a 'Big' johnson but he's another Lil dude.
Yeah, but they jettisoned most of the rest so it’s not a “Big” deal anymore.

we gained a couple hundred pounds this off-season I think.

but it’s the reason I wouldn’t expect El Gato-Big Johnson-Kane

kubalik-BJ-Kane might be an option. El Gato and BJ both play big and go to hard areas well…

I think they are redundant together and Suter was similar with the goal mouth quick draw.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve fallen in love with the way Big Johnson and Dach are going to fit together.
I think you have each other’s perfect opposite hybrid center wing in each other. TJ will increase Dachs lines face off % maybe, and he is a good poacher for all the havoc Dach creates.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but they jettisoned most of the rest so it’s not a “Big” deal anymore.

we gained a couple hundred pounds this off-season I think.

but it’s the reason I wouldn’t expect El Gato-Big Johnson-Kane

kubalik-BJ-Kane might be an option. El Gato and BJ both play big and go to hard areas well…

I think they are redundant together and Suter was similar with the goal mouth quick draw.
Rant aside,why do you continue to refer to a 5'8" player as "Big"?

Bigger? Maybe.......maybe we don't see Tampa target D-Cat and Hagel with dirty hits and then taunt Mr 'I'm too important to fight' Murphy along with the rest of the team team again this year but I wouldn't count on it.

Who's the big,rugged forward who can skate top six minutes?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Strome was 'gifted' Kane when he got here? He skated with D-Cat and Perlini........D-Cat and Strome both had outstanding years but Harry Potter couldn't stand it.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I’m gonna be honest;

This team does nothing with JC as a head coach.

They were just eating it up last year when the Hawks had that spurt and Colition was reveling in all the praise about how it was all about him and not the fact the league didn’t have enough tape on Lank.

Once they did, the season was over.

I’ll say it again, this guy isn’t an nhl head coach. You watch the rookie scrims and see man on man defense instead of that stupid “man and a half” shit Colition runs it’s like night and day.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They did see some time together at first,183 minutes is about 12 games worth but we mostly saw Kane with JT and Sukura and Strome with D-Cat and Kahun/Perlini.........

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the lines would like like this

Cat Dach Kaner

Johnson Toews ( if ready) Kubalik

Hagel Borgstrom Kurashev

Entwistle Kharia Connelly

Hardman could slot on the 4th. I think Strome sticks if Toews is not ready to go, and slots into 2C. If Toews is good than Strome and Nylander we will try to move.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
They did see some time together at first,183 minutes is about 12 games worth but we mostly saw Kane with JT and Sukura and Strome with D-Cat and Kahun/Perlini.........

I just vaguely recall there being some hubbub over a Cat/Strome/Kane line right after the trade and in an early game there was a bit of magic.

But again, we shall see what Stans lapdog does. There’s obvious chemistry, positive chemistry, between Cat and Kane, but I’m sure Colonton will botch that up.

Just like the good chemistry between Kubi and Toews. I really think your going to see a lot of JarJar and carp, which isn’t bad, but there’s still a whole third line to figure out.

And I’m sorry, I’m not buying Borgstrom. Just because you can make shots between your legs on college ice don’t mean some guy in the NHL isn’t gonna pull your number for doing that shit in the bigs. He gave up on the Panthers and was hot garbage last year in euro. If he makes the team it’s because Stan wants to look like a genius and his gushing over the kid like a fat boy at a 1.99 all you can eat hot dog stand was cringe.

Any time I hear the words “we have had our eyes on this kid” from his moose knuckle lips that’s point blank a bust.

Bustvist
Runbland
This one all heart euro kid who didn’t even make it thru training camp one year I forget his name
Etc,etc

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just vaguely recall there being some hubbub over a Cat/Strome/Kane line right after the trade and in an early game there was a bit of magic.

But again, we shall see what Stans lapdog does. There’s obvious chemistry, positive chemistry, between Cat and Kane, but I’m sure Colonton will botch that up.

Just like the good chemistry between Kubi and Toews. I really think your going to see a lot of JarJar and carp, which isn’t bad, but there’s still a whole third line to figure out.

And I’m sorry, I’m not buying Borgstrom. Just because you can make shots between your legs on college ice don’t mean some guy in the NHL isn’t gonna pull your number for doing that shit in the bigs. He gave up on the Panthers and was hot garbage last year in euro. If he makes the team it’s because Stan wants to look like a genius and his gushing over the kid like a fat boy at a 1.99 all you can eat hot dog stand was cringe.

Any time I hear the words “we have had our eyes on this kid” from his moose knuckle lips that’s point blank a bust.

Bustvist
Runbland
This one all heart euro kid who didn’t even make it thru training camp one year I forget his name
Etc,etc
I remember the summer after Strome was acquired (2019),when Kane was in town early skating with D-Cat and Strome all summer and remarking how he looked forward to the upcoming season together.........Harry Potter broke em up half way through the first game and went on to use a forward who potted 41 the year before on a shut-down line all year.
Yeah,we saw SUCKura with Kane and Toews for some reason and NOlander get the top six minutes D-Cat deserved..........lap dog indeed!
We get the rest of Brent 'Butout' Connolly's 3.5M for two more years because of the "we had our eyes on this kid" bullshit you rightly mentioned. If Borgstrom doesn't make the big club AND contribute,that's another awful deal.

Marco Dano the kid you're thinking of?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I remember the summer after Strome was acquired (2019),when Kane was in town early skating with D-Cat and Strome all summer and remarking how he looked forward to the upcoming season together.........Harry Potter broke em up half way through the first game and went on to use a forward who potted 41 the year before on a shut-down line all year.
Yeah,we saw SUCKura with Kane and Toews for some reason and NOlander get the top six minutes D-Cat deserved..........lap dog indeed!
We get the rest of Brent 'Butout' Connolly's 3.5M for two more years because of the "we had our eyes on this kid" bullshit you rightly mentioned. If Borgstrom doesn't make the big club AND contribute,that's another awful deal.

Marco Dano the kid you're thinking of?
Wasn’t Dano but that’s yet another failure in Stans coffers.

It was some kid, and calling him a kid is generous, maybe a 28/29 year old who was a fourth liner in euro and euro fans were crying the Hawks signed him because he was a heart and soul guy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rant aside,why do you continue to refer to a 5'8" player as "Big"?

Bigger? Maybe.......maybe we don't see Tampa target D-Cat and Hagel with dirty hits and then taunt Mr 'I'm too important to fight' Murphy along with the rest of the team team again this year but I wouldn't count on it.

Who's the big,rugged forward who can skate top six minutes?
Little John?

Big Johnson is ironic with a double “entendre,”that’s why it’s a perfect nickname.
El Gato was going to be awesome almost because there are like no Mexicans in hockey. Tavares? I’m sure there are a bunch, I would scout Mexicans and Argentinians and Brazilians for their build and athleticism traits would translate well to Hockey.
The problem comes from soccer, where their best specimens go.

Bustvist
Runbland
Etc,etc
if strome gets a look with Kane so should Borg.
I think the idea with Borg is he might be some bizarro fit with Kane offensively who can create him a little space.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Little John?

Big Johnson is ironic with a double “entendre,”that’s why it’s a perfect nickname.
El Gato was going to be awesome almost because there are like no Mexicans in hockey. Tavares? I’m sure there are a bunch, I would scout Mexicans and Argentinians and Brazilians for their build and athleticism traits would translate well to Hockey.
The problem comes from soccer, where their best specimens go.

if strome gets a look with Kane so should Borg.
I think the idea with Borg is he might be some bizarro fit with Kane offensively who can create him a little space.
Refer to players any way you want Rask,I wasn't lookin' to bust your chops but Johnson will sill be 5'8" and D-Cat will still be a Caucasian kid from Michigan.

If 24yro Strome gets a shot with either Kane or D-Cat,it'll be because he had chemistry with both earlier and because he has 122pts in his first 204 big league games and you can bet your ass he'll have to earn it.
If 24yro Borgstrom and his 19pts in 58 games gets a shot with Kane,will it be because he won't be motivated otherwise? If it is for that reason or if he's being shoved down Harry Potter's throat instead of earning it.....we'll probably see Nolander 2.0.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Refer to players any way you want Rask,I wasn't lookin' to bust your chops but Johnson will sill be 5'8" and D-Cat will still be a Caucasian kid from Michigan.

If 24yro Strome gets a shot with either Kane or D-Cat,it'll be because he had chemistry with both earlier and because he has 122pts in his first 204 big league games and you can bet your ass he'll have to earn it.
If 24yro Borgstrom and his 19pts in 58 games gets a shot with Kane,will it be because he won't be motivated otherwise? If it is for that reason or if he's being shoved down Harry Potter's throat instead of earning it.....we'll probably see Nolander 2.0.
No, because he has an offensive skill set wasted elsewhere and gives opposition something to think about.

Kane covers his defensive ass and he’s 6’4 I believe.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Mark this down;

When you see a line of Nylander/Borg/Kane, any of you who don’t think Colonton isn’t a lapdog must open your eyes.

And I’m really starting to think Reichel gets at least nine games at the start. I’m honestly more excited over this kid then I should be but I don’t think he would need too much crackford time. Liking his game too much and has already played against men in euro.