Defense Only discussion thread!

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want to point out that for the last couple of games our Defense has been getting ransacked by the run. An observation of mine is the D-line is getting owned and all of the sudden the attacking style of tackling, "I call it playing downfield" is gone. All the players are catching the blockers and runners, instead attacking. WTF happened. Rewatch some plays Murry was ripping off 7 and 8 yards runs and then falling forward, even on the block punt that guy came right up the middle and ran over the blocker like a bitch, you have to step up on that play.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to point out that for the last couple of games our Defense has been getting ransacked by the run. An observation of mine is the D-line is getting owned and all of the sudden the attacking style of tackling, "I call it playing downfield" is gone. All the players are catching the blockers and runners, instead attacking. WTF happened. Rewatch some plays Murry was ripping off 7 and 8 yards runs and then falling forward, even on the block punt that guy came right up the middle and ran over the blocker like a bitch, you have to step up on that play.

You type like a fat person.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
First i cant say i blame the defense with the thing we throw out there and call our offense.

But on the defensive side of things - I see a lot of guys not even trying. Watch the Dline the past couple games. a lot of walking to the oline and not even bothering. Again though, with our offense what do they have to play hard for?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Dees nuts

greg23

Liked Posts:
This defense (along with the 05-06 version) really struggle with teams who have big physical o lines with power running games ....esp missing hicks.

Watch us get somewhat back on track vs sd, philly, det but think we'll really struggle against vs Dallas oline and zeke.

Better for us to see zone blocking schemes and speed backs