HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tbh, I never even heard of Nick Williams until last week. And yeah, he literally looks like a beast... dude is huge!

I laughed when I heard Hub on the radio say that if Nick Williams had been wearing the number 96 he would have said Akiem Hicks is having one of the best games of his career. Williams balled out. Oh who am I fucking kidding. All of our depth contributed. I can't be any more proud of this defense right now. In-fuckin-sane performance down 3 starters.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Nick Williams and RRH are clowning people this year. I had never heard of Williams until this year, so I don't know his history, but damn has he been impressive.

I think the defense is better than last year's because of that growth we've seen from the other guys on that D-Line. Their only issue is in the secondary. They give up a pretty good cushion to receivers sometimes, and that's annoying.
I saw Williams commenting on all of the Bears instagram posts last year. I'm like, who is this guy and why are his responses highlighted? Turns out he was on the team last year too, just inactive. Now that he's getting his shot he's making the most of it.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Wow, Nick Williams is 29 years old. Late bloomer...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears offense was responsible for a whopping total of 13 points. they did manage a field goal on a drive in which they managed -5yds. But yeah, was hard to imagine Cousin's being THAT bad, and Minnesota being that one dimensional.

Then again you were the guy saying how much better MT was than Stafford, so much for your football IQ.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
what those guys did earlier today on defense after mitch got hurt...i knew we had the vikings over with, i recommend everyone to go back and rewatch the first quarter for the defense alone.
fuckin savages....man. this game is one of the best to enjoy for defensive murder in football.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
F'in awesome showing.

For some reason, MIN just keeps on trying to force the run, then goes 5-7 step drops when that fails!! Why any O would hold onto the ball for more than 3-4 seconds vs Bears D is beyond me. :smug2:

GB & others seemed to throw much quicker to avoid the rush....unless coverage was just THAT lock down solid?!? On a few plays it was obvious they were.
Hard to see without full 22 when network zooms in so much. (Not counting prevent D where they give out yards & 1st downs like candy to even the worst of QBs)

Kwit had a helleva game, to my point above. Vs others, he struggled mightily in coverage, but kicked Minny ass. Another poster mentioned Kwit was pulled for passing downs...good call!! (aside from his blitzes that is)

I was glad to see more Nick Williams and wasn't worried about him stepping in. RRH too for that matter. Those guys took full advantage of the opportunity.

Really hope all's well with Roquan. Regardless of FB. Soft-spoken leader on D.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The injuries scared the shit out of me and put me in a shitty mood prior to the game but it looks as if they were a huge positive.

We found out that we had little to no drop off at virtually every position that was out of the game.

This will make our team, especially; the defense much better down the stretch at the end of the season. We can now platoon players much earlier in games and it might produce better results than playing starters every down by:

1. Keeping our guys fresh against their tired starters. Look at the defense, other teams o lineman must be shitting their pants bc they’re never going to get a break against those front four whoever they are!
2. Might keep our starters from getting injured!
3. We know now what we have in case there is a long term injury to our key players.
4. Find players that we could save money on Bc the drop off is known and practically non existent. Get to see the talent behind the starters playing against starters.
5. Can play certain players that might be better situational players than some starters on specific types of down and distances!

Go bears

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Bears offense was responsible for a whopping total of 13 points. they did manage a field goal on a drive in which they managed -5yds. But yeah, was hard to imagine Cousin's being THAT bad, and Minnesota being that one dimensional.

Then again you were the guy saying how much better MT was than Stafford, so much for your football IQ.

You are going to get shit for this post but you are right. This team could be historic all around if our offensive woes could get addressed into an identity - a semblance of even average yards and points week in and week out.

I am one of the few Bears fans that understand Stafford has been a rock for you guys and he is nowhere close to top ten or even top 20 reasons why you guys have not won consistently.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

You say that like every game isn’t different. Your Lions scored a bunch on offense but your defense gave up a 30 burger so what difference does it make?

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck the DL is beyond deep. RRH continues to dominate and Nick Williams is a beast.

Also, that Pierre dude at LB balled out today. Like Holy shit.

And lastly, Pagano is better than Fangio, he had a great game plan and more importantly he called a great game today. His blitzes are well timed.

The depth is literally insane.

Abdullah Anderson was even working over their interior OL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would approach Nick Williams about an extension.

He is 30 and has never really been paid.

I would offer him a 3 year 10.5 million/6 guaranteed deal. He would put 6 million in the bank which is 3x what he has made in his career and we lock up a key backup. Because right now RRH is going to price his way out of Chicago.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s called the Mack affect.

I would like to see rrh get a contract extension. When we need cap space going forward I think he is solid enough to eventually replace hicks in a few years

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Besides that one drive, there was nothing more gratifying than when Romo mentioned the Vikings had 90 total yds... in the 4th quarter!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would approach Nick Williams about an extension.

He is 30 and has never really been paid.

I would offer him a 3 year 10.5 million/6 guaranteed deal. He would put 6 million in the bank which is 3x what he has made in his career and we lock up a key backup. Because right now RRH is going to price his way out of Chicago.

you might be right about his price tag but I fucking love watching rrh out there. I really would like to see him extended he’s been a perfect fit for this defense under two different dc

Visionman

Liked Posts:

I'm sure losing our starting QB after the first few plays didn't affect that, since it's obvious Daniel practiced with the starters all week?

And you wouldnt understand an offense more concerned with running out the clock to preserve a victory when its usually Stafford putting up the yards in garbage time...lol

But good news! After a decade in the league, Stafford doesn't look like a complete failure for your team. You'll never win with him, but still.....