Defensive Depth

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Holy fuck the DL is beyond deep. RRH continues to dominate and Nick Williams is a beast.

Also, that Pierre dude at LB balled out today. Like Holy shit.

And lastly, Pagano is better than Fangio, he had a great game plan and more importantly he called a great game today. His blitzes are well timed.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'd say that Pagano should be supremely confident in utilizing his depth to give the starting dlineman a rest early in the game.

A dline rotation of

Hicks
Goldman
RRH
Nichols
Williams

Looks pretty solid

And a lb corp of

Smith
Trevsthian
Mack
Floyd
Lynch
Kwit
Pierre Louis
Irving (becoming irrelevant)

Also a nice rotation

Might be lacking in a 3rd outside corner but the overall depth looks really solid

If Hicks knee is bothering him still, another week off vs oak (followed by bye week) could really help him heal.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my only complaint, literally my only one, is secondary sometimes gets a little undisciplined on intermediate stuff and some bad angles when they try to recover

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
You could see it in camp, both sides are deep.

Get well soon Mitch.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Nick Williams and RRH are clowning people this year. I had never heard of Williams until this year, so I don't know his history, but damn has he been impressive.

I think the defense is better than last year's because of that growth we've seen from the other guys on that D-Line. Their only issue is in the secondary. They give up a pretty good cushion to receivers sometimes, and that's annoying.